If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Summer shoes Woman Sandals mid Heel Women shoes Open Toe Sandals Wedding Sandals allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Sonder-Store Women Flats gold Pointed Toe Transparent Sallow Casual Single shoes Woman Party, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Sandals for Women, Platform Sandals Gladiator Sandals for Women Casual Straps Soft and Comfortable Slippers Dual-Purpose shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Wild Diva CG50 Women Patent Snakeskin Buckle Two Tone Gladiator Sandal - Neon Yellow
- Robert Graham Men's Verrazano Driving Moccasin
- Aerosoles Womens Pen Name Moccasin
- Dig dog bone Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable Convenient Solid color Slip On Formal shoes
- English Laundry Mens Joel Sneaker
- Z-CoiL Pain Relief Footwear Women's Sidewinder Black Sandal
- A.S.98 Stonington Women's Mid-Calf Boot
- Joma Alaska Man Men Sports shoes
- Tlgf Men's Hiking Boots,Northwest Territory,High Rise Waterproof Trekking Comfort Walking shoes, Rubber Sole,Thick Warm
- Jump J75 Men's Zappa Mid-Top Fashion Sneaker
- TOTO - L31072-2.4 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Nubuck Camel Lightweight Casual shoes
- BLACKblueE Heels Addict's Women’s shoes Pointed Toe Gradient Patent Leather Stiletto Heels Pumps
- Oxford shoes Men shoes Leather shoes Business Leisure color Set
- JQfashion Women's High Heel Pointed Stiletto Mesh Breathable Sandals Sexy Diamonds
- Melady Women Fashion Mid Heels Summer shoes Slip On Slide Sandals
- BMTH Women's Chunky Platform Wedge Oxfords shoes Wingtip Lace Up High Heel Round Toe Leather Dress shoes
- shoesmaker's heart High Heels Single shoes Europe Snake Pointed Single shoes Sexy Nightclub
- GouuoHi Womens Boots Womens shoes Winter Patchwork High Heel Fashion Leisure Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality Black Brown Red for Womens
- Ladola Womens Ankle-Strap Pointed-Toe Solid Suede Pumps shoes
- Women Sandals Summer Wedge Plaform Lady Flip Flops Trifle shoes for Women Comfortable Popular Style
- Reneeze Alice-06 Women's Combat Boots- Khaki
- T-JULY Summer Women Mules shoes Chunky High Heels shoes Buckle Slip-on Platform Peep-Toe Slipper Woman Pumps
- Hoxekle Women shoes Long Boots Over-The-Knee Boots Nubuck Slip-On Pointed Toe High Square Heels Big Size Lycra
- Nine West Women's Wanderlust Suede Dress Sandal Black
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Dahvi Boot
- Lucini Formal Men Brown Leather Formal Heels Lace-Up 5 Hole Boots Wedding Office
- Geox Women's Tahina Cupsole Sneaker shoes
- American Rag Calla Demi Wedge Sandals
- Hades shoes H-Bond Platform Pump with Detachable Studded Ankle Strap 9 Black
- ERKEJI Sneakers top soccer shoes male large size training shoes
- Nike Men's Force Savage Shark
- Canvas Classic - Black & Red Lantina Women's Low Top Fashion Sneakers
- JQfashion Women's High Heel Sandals Candy color color Transparent Muller shoes Outdoor Fashion Slippers Pointed Stiletto
- Attractive Women Dabbing Pug Funny Dab Hip Hop Dabbing Kitten Slip on Beach Sandals and Anti-Slip Shower Slipper Comfort Sandals
- Mumeson Stylish Skull Punk Style Women High Top Canvas shoes Light Casual Sneakers
- Clarks Men's Casual Trainer shoes Mapped Edge Burgundy Combi Size 9.5G
- Scarpa Men's Helix Climbing shoes
- Green (Tarmac Green Tnf Black 5ua) THE NORTH FACE Men's Tsumoru Boot Snow
- Aldo Women's HERSCHMAN Fashion Sneakers
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Womens Janis Sneaker
- AdeeSu Womens Dance-Ballroom Huarache Solid Urethane Pumps shoes SDC06033
- WestCoast Women's Mid Calf Cowboy Boots Distressed Slouchy O-Ring Studded Pull on Block Heel Riding Boots
- Aldo Women's Serisien Ballet Flat
- LVYING Fashion Ankle Boots for Women Short Plush Warm Winter Booties Waterproof Outdoor Martin shoes
- Hoxekle Women Over The Knee Boots Waterproof Thin High Heel PU Pointed Toe Zipper Plush Warm Winter Sexy Long Boots
- T-JULY Women's Sexy Thin High Heel Slip On Over The Knee Boots Fashion Comfortable Platform Thigh Winter Boots Black
- City Classified by Soda Women's Hailey Dress Pointd Toe Kitten Heel Pumps
- Sketo Women's Genuine Leather Comfort Low-Heeled Wedge Pump
- NAPAPIJRI men's shoes low sneakers N0YJT0NB4 9SOLLIE01 CAN BEIGE size 40 Beige
- Adidas SS15 Mens Nova Cushion - Neutral Cushion
- Aravon Women's Dolly-AR Mary Jane Flat,Dark Brown,9.5 B US
- Docksteps Chelsea-Boots Mens Suede Grey
- ZHRUI Men Basketball shoes Outdoor Sports High Top Breathable Men Basketball Sneakers (color Black red, Size 3.5=37 EU)
- Rockport Men's Style Crew Bike Ox Oxford
- Army Boots Men's Leather Casual Boots Martin Boots Trend Combat Boots Classic Chelsea Boots Riding Boots
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Esharing Women Winter Ankle Booties Snow Warm Short Boots Fashion Lady Martain Boot from CHENSF Women's Block Heel Ankle Booties was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a INSTANTARTS Stylish Women's Fashion Sneaker Light Mesh Breathable Running shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Lucksender Womens Sexy Open Toe Stiletto High Heel Single Sole Ankle Strap Sandal of structured cabling, Funtasma by Pleaser Women's Renfair Knee-High Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Mr Z Waroom Women's Ladies Sequins Bling Swan Outdoor Flat Beach Sandals shoes Slippers Summer Slippers Women flip Flops, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Milk Maniac 2019 Women Pumps Summer shoes Pump Sexy High Heels Lady shoes Thin Heel Sequins Bling,Red,37As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting IOJHOIJOIJOIJMO 2019 PVC Jelly Sandals Crystal Leopard Open Toed High Heels Women Transparentsandals Slippers Square (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- ASHIJIN Bling Sequins Backpack Backpacks Fashion Bag Small Backpack for Teenagers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This CHALi99 Womens Lightweight Mesh shoes Tropical Floral Plants Paradise Nature Loafers Trail Running Quick Dry illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The CHALi99 Fashion Female's Lightweight Mesh shoes Butterflies and Sunflowers Sneakers Travel Shock Absorbing runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide JaHGDU Womens shoes Winter Keep Warm Flat Heel Solid Zipper Fashion Leisure Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality Black bluee for Womens that may be of interest to your District including:
- Anxinke Women Wedges Boots Round Toe Faux Suede Snow Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- LINYI Womens Ladies High Heel Pointed Toe Sandals Suede Stiletto Heels
- DoraTasia Women's Sweet Buckle Strap with Pearl Block Heel Mary Jane shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
WHW Women shoes water drilling square head single shoe ballet flat shoe tsutsu ,silver,37 shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women Flats shoes Pointed Toe Woman shoes Ballerina Flats Ladies Pearl Loafersof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools DoraTasia Women' s Summer Cozy Sandals Ankle Strap Pump Chunky Heel shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from IDIFU Women's Fashion Pointy Toe Slides On Mules with Kitten Heels provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
DecoStain Women's Fashion Comfortable Heart Decoration Platform Wedge Heels Loafers Party Work Dress Flat Walking shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Z.H-H Wild Fashion, Small Fresh Lady Casual, Simple and Large-Capacity Personality Handbag Shoulder Bag Big Bag (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Z.H-H Wild Fashion, Small Fresh Lady Casual, Simple and Large-Capacity Personality Shoulder Bag Camera Bag Messenger Bag Trumpet, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
OIP Abstract Mosaic Checkerboard Womens snaker Lace up Casual SliponsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist