If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Men and Women Summer Garden Hole shoesNon-Slip shoesBreathable SandalsSlippers (color B, Size 44EU) allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop JOYBI Women's Flip Flops Clip Toe Anti-Skid Back Zipper Casual Comfy Height Increase Wedges Platforms Sandals, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new PREtty-2 Summer shoes Woman Genuine Leather Soft Sandals Casual shoes 2019 Women Sandals at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Beige Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Round Toe Flat Chunky Heel Cute Handmade Concise Slip On Women Dress Pumps with Tassel
- TUYPSHOES Women's Pointed Toe Ankle Strap High Heel Stiletto Pumps shoes.
- BC Footwear Womens Cotton Candy Flat Sandal
- Respeedime New Sandals Women Flowers Diamond Flat T Strap Beach shoes Wholesale
- Winter Autumn Open Toe Raccoon Fur Slides Beach Mixed colors Women Furry Slippers Home shoes color5 6.5
- Converse Men's PL 76, WHITE GREY, 10.5 M US
- Adidas Men's Speed Trainer 4 Baseball shoes, Black Crystal White Collegiate orange, 8.5 M US
- New Balance Men’s M574tbk-574 Training Running shoes
- IGI CO Men’s Gymnastics shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Hello Summer Pineapples Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Peerage Maggie Women Wide Width Low Heel Pointed Toe Dress Mule (Size and Measurement Charts Available)
- INC International Concepts Womens Irinaa Over Knee Fashion Boots
- Born - Womens - Sama
- Ladola Womens Pointed-Toe Zipper Zipper Kitten-Heel Solid Urethane Boots
- Musse & Cloud Womens Nicky Open Toe Casual Gladiator Sandals
- Clarks Womens Patty Lorene Clog shoes
- BalaMasa Womens Pointed-Toe Slip-Resistant Buckle Comfort Urethane Boots ABL09938
- Joma TOP Flex Indoor 904 Royal Soccer shoes Calcetto Scarpa
- Merrell Men's Laze PERF MOC Loafers
- Spring men's woven leather Lok Fu shoes lazy driving shoes of England
- black Giardini shoes Woman Sneakers P907542D 707 Size 39 White
- Adidas Mens Freak X Carbon Low Top Lace Up, Black White Power Red, Size 17.0 US US
- Puma Adults' Easy Rider Low-Top Sneakers
- Cotswold Ladies Velcro Bar Casual shoes style Cranham Waterproof
- Black fereshte Women's D'Orsay Dress Pumps Pointy Toe Stiletto High Heels with Bowknot
- WYMBS Women's Autumn Winter Tie Round Head Leisure Martin Student Leather shoes,Black,39
- G.H. Bass & Co. Womens Stella Sandal
- AN Womens Square Heels Pointed-Toe Assorted colors Urethane Pumps shoes DGU00739
- CHENGXIAOXUAN Men's Sandals 2018 New Summer Breathable Sneakers Non-Slip Wearable Sandals \u0026 Slippers Leather Men's Casual shoes Sandals
- Black Mens shoes Comfortable Men's Oxford Casual Comfortable Simple Versatile Round Toe Outsole Work shoes
- Quality.A Popular Women's shoes Sweet Walking shoes Lightweight Sneakers Casual shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Fruit Sweets Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- F1rst Rate Womens Heel Motorcycle Boots Platform Waterproof Lace-up Short Ankle Booties
- Sam Carle Women Boots, Fashion Black Slip On Med Heel Round Toe Over The Knee Boots
- RHFDVGDS rough fashion shoes Lady sandals in the spring Velcro baotou sweet rhinestone shoes
- Summer Sandals for Women High Heels Dark bluee Lace up Pointed Toe Ladies Heeled Sandal shoes
- T-JULY Fashion Ankle Boots Women Round Toe Square Heels Boots Slip on Punk Martin Boots Casual shoes
- CJC Sandals Women Top Quality Leather Flat Toe Ring Sandals Slippers Straps (color Black, Size EU38 UK5.5 CN38)
- Dr. Scholl's shoes Mens Lucidity Fashion Sneaker
- Rieker Herren-Schnürer - H green (7)
- Diesel Men's Fashionisto S-Hype Fashion Sneaker
- Barbarella 1049 Women's Italian Suede Heels with gold Liner
- T-JULY Women's Autumn Long Thigh High Heels Boots Satin Stretch Elastic Slim Over The Knee shoes
- JIALUN-Sandals Personality Men's Beach Sandals Genuine Leather Breathable Perforation Vamp Anti-Slip Strong Sole shoes
- Shepherd Steffo Slipper, Men’s Slippers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This GIY Women's Fur Winter Snow Ankle Bootie Waterproof Slip On Flat Low Heel Boots Warm Snow Short Booties from GIY Women's Platform Oxford shoes Wingtip Lace Up Chunky Mid Heel Casual Comfy Dress Wedge Oxfords was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a GIY Women's Sexy Pointed Toe Pumps High Heel Sandals Slingback Lady Dress Stiletto Fashion Wedding shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust T-Strap Woman shoes Woman Sandals Square high Heels Leisure Summer Sandal of structured cabling, GIY Women Suede Penny Loafers Slip-On Pointy Metallic Chain Winter Warm shoes Dress Loafer Casual Flats shoes for Ladies, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, GIY Women's Lace Up Low Heel Work Combat Boots Round Toe Waterproof Short Ankle Bootie Hiking Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
AIWEIYi Women Pumps Pointed Toe Rhinestone Stilettos High Heels shoes BlackAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting AIWEIYi Women Pumps Square Med Heel Cross Strap Platform High Heeled shoes Black (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- AIWEIYi Women Pointed Toe Pumps Glitter Square High Heels Dress shoes Black
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This AIWEIYi Womens Hidden Wedges Ankle Boots Lace up Warm Winter Snow Boots Black illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The AIWEIYi Women's Summer Style Weaven Heel Buckle Strap Platform Gladiator Sandals Black runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Dendrobium Women Flats Leather shoes Sneakers Summer Brogues Flat Casual shoes Laces Oxford shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- JQSM Women Leather Shoulder Bag Fashion Retro Pillow Bag Designer Boston Tote Bag Ladies Crossbody Bags Totes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- PFMY.DG Women's Slippers Summer One-Word Drag Thick Heel Sandals Wearing Fashion Beach shoes
- JOYBI Women Flat Moccasins Round Toe Low Heel Faux Leather Slippers Retro Handmade Non Slip Loafers shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Shiney Women's Genuine Leather Martin Boots 2018 New Winter Casual Chunky Heel Plus Velvet Tooling High BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Rampage Womens Senorita Cork Demi-Wedge T-Strap Thong Sandal Wedge Sandalof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Grey Extra Wide Calf Brinley Co Womens Hilton-xwc Slouch Boot describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Carlos by Carlos Santana Womens Reagan Knee High Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Easy Street Womens Prim Dress PumpI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Supra Women's Belmont Sneaker Red (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Walking Cradles Women's Daneille Slip-On Flat, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
PUMA Women's Suede Tssl Wn BrownDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist