If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s GIY Women's Chunky Block Heel Metallic Ankle Boots Suede Velvet Platform Side Zip Bootie Dress Short Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop GIY Women's Ankle Boots Round Toe Side Zipper Retro Slip On Short Dress Booties Chunky Block Heel Booties, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new GIY Women's Classic Pointed Toe Ballet Flats Bee Bow Casual Comfort Slip on Dress Walking shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- White T-JULY New Ladies Zip Up Pointed Toe Boots Woman Thin High Heels shoes Ladies Knee-High Large Size Boots
- AREBULE-sandal Leather Gladiator Sandals Women Summer Ladies Dress shoes Woman Beach shoes Flat Sandals
- CarziCuzin Women Boots Lace Up
- GAO-GEN1 34-43 Back-Strap Thin high Heels Office Lady Sandals Women's shoes peep Toe Concise Sandals
- WeenFashion Women's Soft Material Round-Toe Kitten-Heels Buckle Court shoes
- Pleaser Women's DELIGHT601-4 Platform Sandal
- Clarks whitehe Garryn - gold Metallic (Leather) Womens shoes
- AdeeSu Womens Casual Travel Solid Urethane Pumps shoes SDC06082
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens Isabel Slide Sandal
- Clarks JEZ Curve 100% Wool Lined Boot Men UK-10.5 G EU-45 M Black
- Ryka Women's Hazel Grey M
- KAI-Rome shoes with flat sandals female students all-match simple flat toe with flat,silvery,Thirty-seven
- MAYPIE Womens ToanalyL Leather Slip-on Over-The-Knee Boots
- Easy Spirit Womens Traveltime90 Mule
- Mens Casual Ankle Boots Soft Sole Non Slip Durable Breathable Comfort Boots (color Green, Size CA 8.5)
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointy Toe Stiletto Heel Classic Work Handmade Knee High Boots
- Vagabond Womens Serena Black Fashion Lace Up Nubuck Low Top Sneakers
- Meindl Rhodos Lady blue 680392-5
- Shukun Men's flip flops Slippers, Men'S Summer Fashion, Wearing Flip-Flops, Flip-Flops, Breathable Sandals, Roman Sandals
- Flair Retro AW Men's Sport shoes Trainers Running Fitness
- Black White Silver Brooks Women's Ghost 11 Running shoes
- Women Pumps Leopard shoes High Heels Pointed Toes Wedding shoes Woman
- Kastinger Men's Sneaker Trekking Hiking shoes bluee, Size 41
- Gordon & Bros Men’s S500311 Castagna Chukka Boots
- NIKE Kyrie 4 N7 Mens At0320-400 Size 11
- Glad You Came Spring Autumn Women's Flats Loafers Soft Gommino Slip-On Mother shoes Moccasins Casual Female Doug Driving Footwear Summer
- Genepeg Womens Sandals Summer Flower Rhinestone Cut-Outs High Heel Party Dress shoes
- Women's Sneakers Running Running shoes Womens Lightweight Walking shoes Breathable Mesh Tennis shoes Nursing shoes (color Beige, Size 6 US)
- AdeeSu Girls Platform Kitten-Heels Business Imitated Leather Boots
- Qupid Velour Ankle Booties Light Ice bluee Velvet Block Heel shoes
- Reinhar Popular Women Fashion Sexy Hidden Platform Handmade Stiletto High Heel Ankle Booties Boots
- Vionic Bliss - Womens Orthotic Slipper Sandals Tan Leopard - 11
- Satin Sandals High Heels Blink PU Bride Girls Ladies Princess Queen Fashion Kitten Heel Feminine shoes Stiletto Heel shoes,Black,EU39
- Bearpaw Womens Willow Waterproof Wool Lined Winter Boots
- Twisted X Boots Driving Mocs Composite
- MAVIRS Suede Mules for Women, Women Pom Embellished Slipper shoes, Pointed Toe Backless Slip on Loafers pink Red Size 13
- DSFGHE Men's Martin Boots Ankle Chukka Boots Army Tactics Leather Boots Snow Boots Casual High Help Work Boots Lace-up shoes
- Ed by Ellen Women's Chavelle Pink Blossom Mauve Cha10 Knit M
- Tan Suede STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Kendel Sandal
- T-JULY Zip High Heel Red Pointed Toe shoes for Women Fashion Autumn Mid Calf Boots New Plus Size 33-43
- INC International Concepts Womens Tacy Almond Toe Over Knee Black Size 9.5
- ZHRUI Hiking shoes Men Women Waterproof Wear-Resisting Climbing Mountain Sneakers Trekking Boot (color Black bluee, Size 9.5 UK)
- DR SCHOLL Gerry Nubuk BIOPRINT - Taupe
- SUw - Steelite Executive Oxford Workwear Safety shoes S1P - Black - UK 10
- Y-H Men's Running shoes, Spring Fall Flat Casual Sneakers,Comfort Breathable Slip-Ons Training shoes,Yellow,44
- Red (Granat Escarl Agalre 000) adidas Men's Continental 80 Fitness shoes
- Lelehwhge Women's Sexy Buckle Pointed Toe Slingback Stilettos High Heel Pumps Sandals Black 6 M US
- Pit4tk Slides Women Designer Sandals Mules Home Slippers with Flower Famous Brand Flip Flops Slip on
- Kappa - Bright Mid Light
- Drew Toby Womens Pumps Stiletto High Heel Shallow Mouth Sparkle Sequin Wedding High Heels
- Skechers Womens Govulc 2 Low Top Slip On Fashion Sneakers
- Style & Co. Womens Vanaa Closed Toe Ankle Strap D-orsay Pumps
- Dlongge Comfortable Slipper Cute Graffiti Designs for Men & Women
- Jabasic Women Easy Slide Mule Moccasins Buckle Penny Slip-On Backless Loafer shoes
- CCBubble High Heels Women shoes Sequined Stilettos Pump Ladies shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Breckelles Outlaw-81 Women's Back Zipper Tall Riding Boots,6 B(M) US,Taupe-81 from Men and Women Summer Garden Hole shoesNon-Slip shoesBreathable SandalsSlippers (color B, Size 44EU) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Longbao Women Sandals Genuine Leather shoes Woman Strange Style Heels Casual Slippers Female Sandals to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Women's Dev-14 Puddles Rain & Snow mid Calf Flat Waterproof Boots shoes of structured cabling, Soulength Women's Leather Sling Back Round Heel Square Toe Sandals, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, JQfashion Cover Heels Platform Women Sandals High Heels Women shoes Zipper Black Peep Toe Summer Party shoes Female Mesh, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
GIY Women Winter PU Leather Ankle Boots Zip Round Toe Short Plush Platform Ladies Casual Daily Short BootsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting GIY Women's Platform Oxfords shoes Round Toe Lace-up Slip On Chunky Heel Vintage Dress shoes Pumps (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- GIY Women Comfort Wedge Platform Sandals Summer Open Toe Slip-on High Heel Slide Sandals Summer Slippers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Women's Slipper Summer, Fashion Slope with Women's Slippers, Summer Cool Slippers Flat Sandals,Fashion Sandals (color B, Size 36) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The AIWEIYi Womens Closed Toe Platform High Heels Pumps Glitter Buckles Evening Bridal Wedding shoes Red runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide AIWEIYi Womens Stilettos Peep Toe Lace Glitter High Heels Bridal Dress Pump shoes Beige that may be of interest to your District including:
- AIWEIYi Women's Rhinestone Strappy Wedge Heel Sandals Dress shoes Black, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- AIWEIYi Womens T Strap Pointed Toe Rhinestone Pumps Buckle Strap Platform High Heel Sandals White
- MicheleX of London Black PVC Clear 6 High Heel Clear Platform Sandals FSPVC7902BG development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
JOYBI Women Open Toe Slippers Sandals Slip On Crystal Butterfly Summer Chunky Block Heels Dress Slides SandalIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the GuciHeaven Women's Casual Loafer Flats Ladies Fashion shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Delicious Awesome-s Women's Fashion Open Toe Strappy Gladiator Heel Low Wedge Sandal shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Top Moda Karen-5 Women's Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Bar III Sophie Wedge Sandal WomenI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Cheston Men's Barefoot Quick Dry Aqua Water shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Pleaser Womens ADORE-708HMG C PPG Sandals, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
MARC JOSEPH NEW YORK Womens Womens Genuine Leather Made in Brazil Atlantic Loafer Driving Style LoaferDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist