If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Adidas - Eezay Flip Flop - F35034 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Pelle Moda Women's Dorsey-Sl D'Orsay Pump, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Made In Italia - Adria at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- AmoonyFashion Women's Soft Material Pointed Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos Buckle Solid Pumps shoes
- GIY Women's Winter Retro Flower Ankle Boots Exotic Leather Zipper Block Mid Heel Bootie Dress Short Boots
- LFL by Lust for Life Womens Magical Ankle Boot
- SeaVees Womens Sausalito Sneaker Sneaker
- Thin shoes Women Spring and Summer New shoes Women's shoes Korean Version of The Pointed Thick Heel shoes with Deep Mouth Work shoes (color Black, Size 36)
- JIEEME Women's Fashion Genuine Leather Square Heels Pointed Toe High Heels White Evening Evening Pumps
- DKSUKO Women's Winter Duck Boots with Warm Fur Waterproof Rain Boots
- Men's Boots, Fall Winter New Casual Leather Martin Boots Fashion Comfortable Outdoor Trekking Hiking shoes Chelsea Boots,A,41
- Dr. Scholl's Womens Jorie Chelsea Boot
- Nine West Women's Olwyn Leather Ankle Bootie
- Mens Dress shoes Leather Brogue Flats Handmade Casual Oxfords Formal Business shoes
- ZANZARA Dayes Cap Toe Casual Oxford shoes for Men
- INMONARCH Mens Burlywood Wedding shoes Traditional MJ014127
- Charcoal Brown Merrell Women's Dassie Buckle Slip-On shoes
- Joe's Jeans Footwear Women's Riana White heels 5.5 M
- IGI Men Loafers & Slip-Ons blue bluee, (blue) 7686300
- CLARKS Men's Clarkdale Remi Boot
- Ruiatoo Women Platform Slip On Loafers Comfort Genuine Suede with Tassel Hollow Out Low Top Moccasins bluee 38
- Abby 313 Womens Standard Ballroom Show Party Jazz Closed Toe High Top Mid Heel Rumba PU Zip Dance Boots
- Naughty Monkey Womens Calla Wedge Sandal
- Soda ENCINA Women's Buckle Strap Side Zip Elastic Knee High Riding Boots
- Carrera Women's Retro Square Wayfarer Style Purple & Havana Sunglasses
- Women Sadnals Platform Thick High Heel Hemp Straw Rope Fisherman shoes
- GZZ Disposable Slippers White 100 Pairs of Slippers Home Slippers Hotel Room Disposable Supplies Disposable Suede Slippers (color White, Size 29.5 11cm)
- Schutz Womens Elke Slide Sandal
- Gabor Elan 72.864 Ankle Boots
- Northside Womens Kathmandu Snow Boot
- AdeeSu Girls Chunky Heels Metal Ornament Buckle Frosted Boots
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Gcanwea Women's Studded Short Boots Buckle Strap Round Toe Medium Block Heel Ankle Booties with Zipper Sexy No Grinding Feet Fashion Joker Dexterous Easy to Match Breathable Green 7 M US Ankle Boots from JQfashion Women's High Heels Sexy Cross Roman Sandals Waterproof Terrace Night Club Silk was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Rocket Dog Womens Jumpin Beach Canvas Sneaker to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Donald J Pliner Womens Cava Floral Print Textured Wedge Sandals of structured cabling, Elsa Wilcox Women Comfort Square Toe Moccasins Fashion Casual Weight Wedge Sneakers Platform Slip On Loafers shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Fourever Funky Grey Vegan Leather Toe Cap Lace-Up Knee High Women's Riding Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
gold DETAIWIN Women Ankle Strap Dress Oxfords PU Leather Anti-Skid Comfortable Rhinestone Buckle Fashion Pumps shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Coconuts Womens Sting Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Black LIHUIYUN shoes 2019 Women's Fashion Thin High Heels Platform Pumps for Women Patent Leather Super High Heel shoes Big Size
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This JaHGDU Ladies Casual Wool Slippers Warm Down in Autumn and Winter Wool Slippers Red Pink Beige Slippers for Women illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Menbur Women's Sandals Elegant Heel Glitter Ceremony runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Etnies Men's Sheckler 2 Sneaker Black, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Comfortable and beautiful ladies sandals Casual shoes Female Rubber Slope Fashion Non-slip Single shoes
- JaHGDU Women Home Slippers Indoors Leisure Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Printed Pattern Classic Casual Basic Wild Comfortable Wild Slippers development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Women's shoes Martin Boots Women's shoes with The New Wild Autumn and Winter shoes Women's Boots high Heel Boots (color B, Size 38)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women's Boots - High Heels 5.5Cm Thick Heel Boots England Pointed Booties Matte Leather 33-43of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Cool Slippers Female Summer Fashion wear Beach shoes Rough with Sandals and Slippers Word high Heels Flat Sandals,Fashion Sandals (color A, Size 37) describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from LZWSMGS Women's Leather Open Toe T Belt Sandals Shallow shoes Summer Sweet Lace Belt High Heel Casual shoes Ladies Sandals (color Black, Size 6 US) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Unisex Sneakers, Breathable Wear Resistant Trainer Fitness Sports shoes, Jogging Running shoes,Yellow,43I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its High Heels Women's shoes Sandals Cowhide Leather High Heel Platform Slope & Cross Lacing Women's shoes 12cm Ladies sandals (color Brown, Size 33) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Qmfur Women's Fashion Short Snow Boot Short Shearling Ankle Boot Ankle Booties, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
DoraTasia Sexy Peep Toe Shinning Glitter Thin Ultra High Heels Platform Party Stilettos Pumps shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist