If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s QNL 2018 New Flock Leather Women Over The Knee Boots Lace Up Sexy High Heels Women shoes Lace Up Winter Boots Warm Size 34-43 Red Wine allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Womens Ladies Sandals,Wild Midsole Beach Sandals,Summer Fish Mouth Flat Slippers,Sports Sandals, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women 039 s Sandals Comfort PU Summer Casual Comfort Green Coffee FlatCoffeeUS8.5 EU39 UK6.5 CN40 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black True Green Clear Pink Adidas Men's N3xt L3v3l Baseball shoes
- JACKSHIBO Women Men Fully Fur Lined Anti-Slip Waterprof Ankle Snow Boots
- Women Ankle Boots Round Toe Zipper Anti-Slip Strappy Heel Party Wedding
- BalaMasa Womens Chunky Heels Platform Low Cut Uppers Patent Leather Pumps shoes APL09656
- Ghssheh Women's Elegant Buckle Open Toe Ankle Strap Mid Chunky Heel Pumps Sandals bluee 7.5 M US
- LLBubble Kitten Heels Satin Bridal Pumps Pointed Toe Women Formal Party Dress shoes 1608-02
- QueenFashion Women's Sheepskin Velvet Lamb Wool Dermis Lining Low Heels colorant Match Ankle Boots with Zippers
- ASO-SLING Hidden Heel Wedge Sneakers Platform for Women Anti-Slip Lace-up Ankle Predection Walking shoes
- Nike Squad Mens Hooded Fleece Jumper
- Superga 2095 Sueu S0028c0, Unisex Adults’ Hi-Top
- High-Heeled Slippers Fashion Wild Sandals and Slippers Outer Beach shoes Outdoor Sandals Flat Sandals,Fashion Sandals (color A, Size 39)
- RaanPahMuang Celtic Thick Tied Woven Straps Threaded Sun Motif Sandals size 36
- Women Lace Up Party High Heels Wedge Platform Pumps Casual Sneaker Leopard Fashion Outdoor shoes
- Egos House Slippers 100% Natural Sheep Wool Handmade Slippers Warm, Ultra Comfortable & Moisture-Wicking Deluxe shoes Classic Slippers with Anti-Skid Leather Sole Bedroom Slippers for Men, Women & Kids
- Elsa Wilcox Women Square Toe Suede Low Heel Retro Uniform Fall Dress Loafer shoes Mary Jane Lace Up Oxford Pump
- Steve Madden Women's Carli Boot Casual
- CJC shoes Women Ladies Pointed Closed Toe High Rough Heels Sexy Elegant Party Office Work (color Black, Size EU36 UK3.5)
- Women Peep Toe Sandals Cross Lace-up Boots Charming 11.5 CM High-heel Temperament Thigh High Boots Size 34-47
- Leather shoes New Winter Boots Women's High Heel High Heel Black Pointed Winter Cotton shoes Sexy Fashion Winter shoes Black High Heels (color Black, Size 37)
- AADDIN Leather shoes Men Dress shoes Black Patent Leather Wedding Business For Mens Lace-Up Man Footwear
- Pewter Met Clarks Women's Delana Liri Platform
- Peter Blade Derby Kaki Leather Valera
- Marolina Outdoor H8012000-415-12 Huk Brewster, Denim bluee, 12
- Chaussure Originals ZX Flux Multicolor S75493
- Nike Run Swift Mens 908989-012 Size 13
- Lucksender Womens Pointed Toe Sweet Style Patent Leather High Heel Pumps shoes
- Women Sandals Wedge shoes Fashion Women High Heels Sandals Platform shoes Female Wedge Heels Peep Toe Women Summer shoes,A,7.5
- Brand Winter Home Thick Cotton Slippers Non-Slip Indoor Plush Flat Men's shoes
- EDL PRESENTS POP Womens Palace Round Toe Classic Pumps
- FAT BABY Women Slipper Pointed Toe Crystal Flower 2019 Spring Female Luxury Half Slippers Lady Outside Wear Slides Woman Slippers
- ISNOM STYLE AGIT Summer Kid Suede Women Sandals Gladiator Sandals
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Americana Print Hi shoes, 4.5 D(M) US Mens 6.5 B(M) US Womens, Black Fire Brick Natural
- Reebok Mens RBK Buckets II - Footwear Men's Footwear Men's Basketball shoes
- T-JULY Women's Winter Warm Snow Boots Slip-on Fur Fringe Waterproof Platform Mid-Calf shoes
- High Heeled Knee Boots, Large Size High Boots Round Head Side Zipper Thigh Stretch Boots Waterproof Platform Anti-Skid Lacing Women's shoes
- CHENXD shoes, Men's Fashion Classic British Style Oxford Casual Carved Lace Up Brogue shoes
- Dig dog bone Men's Genuine Leather Moccasins Slip on Suede Insole Loafer (color White Breathable Style, Size 8.5 D(M) US)
- Men's Leather Rivet shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Platform shoes Comfortable Sparkling Glitter Studded shoes Personality for Wedding Party & Evening Night Club Stage
- Saucony Mens DXN Trainer Fashion Sneaker
- Lowa Womens Renegade Gore-Tex Nubuck Boots
- New Balance Women 1550 Sirens WL1550SA (Black Seafoam)
- YSZDM Men'S Running shoes, Flying Woven Sports shoes Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Breathable Mesh Deodorant Insoles Outdoor Running shoes Suitable for Couples,Black,44
- DC shoes Tonik TX - shoes for Men - shoes - Men - EU 41 - Grey
- MHGAO 2017 summer handmade men sandals leather breathable beach shoes
- Pikolinos Men's Belfort M8k Low-Top Sneakers
- - Fila 1010496 Sneakers Unisex White 40
- B Women's Ankle Boots, Fashion Leather Bare Boots Chunky High Heel Boots, Autumn Zip Up Ankle Bootie, Street Style, Mid Calf Boot (color B, Size 37)
- CHENSF Women's High Heel Platform Sandals Open Toe Ankle Strap Sandal
- KemeKiss Women Fashion Ankle Boots
- SOUL Naturalizer Women's Acadia Sandal, White, 7 W US
- WeenFashion Women's Kitten Heels Solid Buckle Open Toe Sandals
- Simple Platform Sandals Flip Flop Sandal for Women Summer Lightweight Beach and Shower shoes Easy to Throw on Open Toe Women's shoes
- Splendid Women's SPL-Gavin Wedge Sandal gold
- EMANUELLE VEE Sandals Womens Leather gold
- Reef Womens Daisy Lx Sneaker
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This T-JULY Butterfly Embroider Women's Vulcanize shoes Comfortable Wedge Sneakers shoes Spring Designer Sneakers from SANOMY Suede Knit Socks Ankle Boots for Women Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Booties Ladies Elegant Chelsea Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a T-JULY Rain Boots for Women Snow Boots Warm Plush Ankle Boots Winter shoes Girls Cotton Boots Ladies shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust InterestPrint Women's Lace Up Boots Purple Butterflies Canvas Martin Boots Combat Ankle Booties shoes of structured cabling, Naturalizer Womens Samantha Ballet Flat, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Original Intention Elegant Striped Heel Sandals Zipper Party Casual shoes for Women Big Size 4-15, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Reebok Womens Stylescape 2.0 Arch Fashion SneakerAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting CYBLING Women's Comfort Kitten Heel Pumps Ladies Closed Pointed Toe Ankle Strap Dress shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Zarbrina Womens Chunky Heel Ankle Boots Winter Sexy Pointed Toe Short Plush Rubber Sole Buckle Strap Zipper Up Party Dress shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Zarbrina Womens Mid Calf Boots Rubber Sole an-ti Slip Round Toe Lace Up Cross Tied Short Plush Winter Snow shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Calaier Womens Caor 2016 Designer Sexy Wedding Bow Tie Extreme High Heel shoes Pointed Toe 10CM Stiletto Slip on Pumps runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide 1TO9 Womens Zipper Chunky Heels Solid Lambskin Heeled Sandals MJS02840 that may be of interest to your District including:
- AdeeSu Womens Round-Toe Backpacking Microfiber Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- LHJY Casual Sandals Fashionable Muffins Women's Summer Comfortable shoes Sandals and Sandals
- Skechers Women& 39;s Comfort Flex Sr Hc Pro Health Care Professional shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
OOFOS Womens Women's Oolala Thong Flip-Flop Flip FlopIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the T-JULY Fashion Women Casual Flats Loafers Comfortable Ballet Genuine Leather Slip on shoesof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Straw Weave Slippers Woman Open Toe Footwear Slides shoes Female High Heels Mules shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Cambridge Select Women's Closed Round Toe Lace-Up Chunky Wedge Ankle BootieI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Charmarm Sports Balls In bluee And White Women Cute Low Top Canvas Walking shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Charmarm Artificial Green Viper Snake Skin Womens Cozy Low Top Canvas Walking shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Unisa Women’s Fanta_SUA_rf Hi-Top TrainersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist