If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Fila Womens Original Fitness Zipper Leather Padded Insole Fashion Sneakers allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Over The Knee Boots High Heel Denim Fashion shoes Ladies Spring Winter Motorcycle bluee Long Boot, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Clarks Womens Wave River Waterproof Sneaker Black at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- bluee Grey Prune Lowa Women's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
- QMFUR Women's Flip Flop Fox Fur Soft Slide Flat Slipper (42-43, Grey)
- TAOFFEN Women's Booties Booties with Zipper
- Brilliant sun Women's Closed Round Toe Retro Weaving Chunky Platform Fashion Sneaker
- AmoonyFashion Women's Low-Heels Blend Materials Lace-up Round-Toe Pumps-shoes
- Designer Canvas Slip On Loafers shoes for Women Fashion Print Walking Low Top Sneaker shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Peep Toe Zipper Blend Materials Solid Kitten Heels Sandals
- Hedgehog Knows Winter Coming Women‘s Casual Sneakers shoes Boat Classic News Trainers
- Columbia Women's Coremic Ridge Mid Hiking Boot
- Rockport Mens Zaden Pointed Toe bluecher Leather shoes (11 UK) (Navy)
- Liliana Barbara-13 Thigh High Over Knee Denim Open Toe Stiletto Heel Boot Dark bluee
- Transparent Rain Boots Women Waterproof Ankle Booties Lace Up Zipper Platform Flat Fashion Sneakers
- Material Girl Womens Landrey Almond Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Black, Size 11.0
- LifeStride Womens Quickstep Pointed Toe Flat
- Soft Style Women's Alissa Slingback Pumps
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sgoldrity Cozy Slippers (M,L,XL,XXL)
- shoes Artists Classic Black Penny Loafer - Men
- Stuart Weitzman Womens Partisan Suede Ankle Dress Sandals
- ZHRUI Men Genuine Leather shoes Slip On Black Loafers Moccasins shoes Italian Designer shoes (color Yellow, Size 9.5UK=44EU)
- XIE Pakamo Men's Sandals Genuine Leather Summer Fisherman Beach Men Casual shoes Outdoor Sandals Slippers Water shoes
- Grey ASICS Women's Gt-1000 7 Running shoes 1012A030
- Shiney Women's Boots Suede Stiletto Heels Pointed Toe Boots Plush Side Zipper Fashion Wild Autumn Winter
- DEWALT DEWDARLING6 Darlington Safety Trainers
- LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Autumn And Winter Large Size Leather Martin Boots Men'S Round Head Casual Men'S shoes Tooling Men'S Leather Boots Breathable Men'S Boots 46 Yards Male
- Nike Free RN 2017 Wolf Grey Off-White Pure Platinum Black Men's Running shoes
- Starbay Womens Gladiator Sandal shoes Black-5
- FORTUN Elegant Cotton shoes Winter Mother Boots Warm Snow Boots
- Women Fashion Thigh High Riding Boots Pull On
- Defeet Armskin SL D-Logo Socks
- Triple M Plus Women's Soft Leather Wide Width Walking and Working Comfortable shoes(Leather Lining)
- Heart to hear slippers summer Women Houndstooth Pattern Slipper Sexy Floral Female Casual shoes Ladies,
- H By Hudson Women's Claudette Chelsea Boot
- April With You Size 34-44 Sexy Women Gladiator High Heel Sandals Peep Toe Ankle Strap Spike Heel Sandals
- Calaier Womens Tuoxic Square-Toe 3.5CM Block Heel Slip-on Slippers shoes
- GLOBALWIN Women's 18YY21 Grey Fashion Boots 9M
- K-Swiss Womens Clean Court CMF Fashion Sneaker
- Supra Kondor Mens US Size 10 bluee Leather Sneakers shoes UK 9 EU 44
- MARC JOSEPH NEW YORK Womens Womens Genuine Leather Made in Brazil Hudson Boat shoes Boat shoes
- Red Grainy Driver Club USA Women's Genuine Leather Made in Brazil Palm Beach Loafers
- Polar-Tex Damen-Stiefel black 641127-1, Gr. 36
- Arche Women's Ninika in Muscat Nubuck Shade Metallic Leather - Eggplant - Size 42 M
- Easy Go Shopping Strong Antislip Business Oxford for Men Formal Dress shoes Lace up Microfiber Leather Outdoor Wedding classic Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 6.5 UK)
- Dexter Men's Jack II Wide Width Size 10.5, Black White
- TYX-SS Men'S Oversized British Business shoes Crocodile Oxford Dress shoes
- Adidas Men's Street Jam Ii Basketball shoes
- QRETYSG flip flop Men Sandals Leisure Beach Summer shoes Male Flat Heel Sandals Casual Outdoor Breathable Sandals bluee Black
- JQfashion Sexy Hollow-Out High-Heeled Sandals with Pointed Suede Heels
- Pit4tk Womens Increased The Higher Flat shoes Casual High Heels Wedge Platform Sneaker Canvas shoes (White Lable 39 8 B(M) US Women)
- Converse Chuck Taylor Core Ox - Unisex Natural White M6.5, W8.5 M
- Fashion Printed Women Flip-Flops, Cute Anti-Slip Printed Flat Sole Summer Sandals for Beach Pool, Travelling Vacation Accessories
- Thalia Sodi Darria4 Evening Heeled Sandals, Cobalt
- Easy Spirit Womens Garinta2 Clog
- PUMA Womens Enzo Weave Sneaker
- PORTANT Unisex Camo Walking shoes for Casual Outfits
- Sexy Pointed Toe Women Pumps Low Heel Slingback Gladiator Sandals Rhinestone Stiletto Dress shoes Woman Valentine shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Pinup Couture Womens Bett23 Rpu Platform Sandal from Fabulicious Womens VIC30 IVSA Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a SENERY Women Martin Boots Round Toe Genuine Leather Ankle Boots for Women Flats Casual Short Booties to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust SANOMY Women Stretch Fabric Ankle Boots Sexy Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Booties Mixed color Zip-Up Chelsea Boots of structured cabling, T-JULY Genuine Leather Fashion Hook & Loop Ladies Snow Boot Ankle Boots Women High Heels Platform Girls shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, T-JULY Womens Fashion Running Sports shoes Ultra Lightweight Fitness Workout Breathable Jogging Walking, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Women Fashion Suede Ankle Boots 2018 Autumn Winter New Low-Heel Martin Boots Size 33-43 Short Walking BootsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting InterestPrint Women's Lace Up Boots Stars Black Canvas Martin Boots Combat Ankle Booties shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Ladies Booties, Scrub Round Head Flat Metal Flanging Lace-up Martin Boots Women's Keep Warm Wear Resistant Suede Fashion Boots (color C, Size 36)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Cobb Hill Women's Alexandra Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Just Cavalli Women's Animal Print Rain Boots shoes US 9 IT 39 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Ktyyuwwww Beautiful Women colorful Top Bee and Apple Funny Design Running shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Dearfoams Patterned Knit Closed Toe Scuff with, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Via Spiga Womens Valena Gladiator Sandal Dress Sandal
- AdeeSu Womens Fashion Platform Rhinestones Suede Boots SXC02101 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
AdeeSu Womens Dress Low-Top Zipper Microfiber BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Women's Abbi Pointed Toe Flatof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools MINIVOG Women's Kid Suede Pointed Toe Thick Heel Bowknot Casual shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from BalaMasa Womens Casual Solid Travel Leather Boots ABL11403 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Sanuk Womens Espie Slip On LX shoes FootwearI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its OUTWOODS Bork-53 Pewter Womens Thong Size 6M (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Women Boots Sock shoes Fashion Over The Knee Ladies Chunky High Heels Comfortable Lady Party Boot, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Hoxekle Women Knee High Boots Lace Up High Square Heel Ladies Riding Long Snow Boot Zipper Warm Zipper Winter shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist