If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s SHIBEVER Summer Flat Gladiator Sandals for Women Comfortable Casual Beach shoes Platform Bohemian Beaded Flip Flops Sandals allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Giani Bernini Women's Carolima Ankle-High Synthetic Sandal, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Fheaven Women Summer Gladiator Sandals Cross Tied Transparent Crystal High Heeled shoes Pump Silver at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Burgundy Dr. Martens 1460 Originals Eight-Eye Lace-Up Boot
- YOU LOOK PRETTY Embroidered Slippers Flats Slippers Women bluee Slip On Pointed Toe Outdoor Mules
- Edv0d2v266 Women's Athletic Mesh Breathable Sneakers Running Sports shoes Anti-Slip shoes
- Cute Funny Dogs Womens Casual Canvas Running shoes Low Top Cute Sneakers shoes For Women's
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women High Boots Leather Chelsea Boots Black High Heels Buckle Martin Boots Female shoes Fashion shoes
- London Brogues Maxwell Mens Chukka Boots
- The New York Doll Collection Unisex Adults’ 410 Trainers
- SALOMON Evasion Cabrio, Men’s Fitness
- Men's Work Ankle Boots Casual Business Series Simple Fleece Inside Round Toe High Top Boots Cricket shoes
- Phil Betty Women Flats shoes Bowknot Pointed Slip-On Solid color Comfort Dress Flats shoes
- Womens Cute Cat Meow Face Personalized Sneakers
- Artfaerie Womens Black Block High Heel Canvas Ankle Boots Zip Ladies Winter Warm Booties shoes
- Small Basketball High Heel Sandals Women Concise Belt shoes Woman Genuine Leather Sandals
- Summer Sandals Gladiator High Heels Women Sexy Front Open Cross Strap Stilettos Pumps Genova shoes Woman Ankle Cool Boots
- KEEN Women's Class 6 Sandal
- Women Winter Ankle Boot Wedge Hidden Heel Round Toe Decoration Black Suede Female Casual shoes
- Tamarac by Slippers International Women's Galaxie Shearling Slipper
- Caterpillar Footwear Men's Threshold WP ST CSA Industrial Boot
- Cambridge Select Women's Faux Fur Lined Quilted Knit Collar Lace-Up Winter Snow Boot
- Men's shoes Handmade High-Grade Dress shoes Snake Pattern Pointed Male shoes,Office Business Work Evening Party Casual
- Dycarfell Argyll Men's Harold Plain Toe Light Skinned Chukka Boot Brown
- Men's Casual shoes Couple Sports shoes Roman Sandals Woven Beach shoes Outdoor Summer Beach Travel shoes for Holiday
- Slipbuster Footwear A318-40 Slip Buster Six Eyelet Safety Boot, Size 40
- INMONARCH Mens golden Jute Wedding shoes Designer MJ014140
- bluee Slippers Summer Slippers Women shoes Medium Heels Retro Mules shoes Slip On Woman Sandals Round Toe Female Slides Outdoor DE
- Soulength Women's Stilettos High Heels 6CM Patent Leather Point Toes Ladies Pumps Non Slip Rubber Sole Sexy Elegant Comfortable Single Girl shoes
- FANIMILA Women Solid Boots Zipper
- SoftMoc Women's Sasha Lined Casual Combat Boot
- Adidas Originals BY2305 Equipment Support Advantage Trainers in Black Green
- Nike Zoom D Distance Track Spikes Mens Size 7 (Black White)
- Eleganceoo Pointed Toe High Heels Women Pumps White Lace Wedding shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Flying Watercolor Butterfly Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- SOFIE MARTIN Womens Ladies Walking shoes for Womens Breathable shoes
- Btrada Women Height Increasing Platform Sneakers Wedges Casual Ladies Lace-up High Top Sport shoes
- JOYBI Women Winter Waterproof Ankle Boots Faux Patent Leather Slip On Zip Thick Block High Heels Dress Boot
- Royal Elastics Women's Bredher Roland Lo
- Alfani Women's Gessey Black Flats
- Earthies Women's Apollo Multi Short Boot (6, Black)
- BalaMasa Womens Hollow Out Leopard Pattern Glass Diamond Lace Mesh Boots
- Nike Lunar Apparent Mens Running shoes
- Ladies Fashion Square Head Sandals Sleeve Lazy shoes Beach Slippers Half Drag Sandals (color Black, Size 34)
- Call It Spring Women's Fiwen Snow Boot
- DaVinci Women's High Heel with Platform, Italian Sandals Size 38 M EU Tan
- Snowbee Granite PVC Thigh Wader With Cleated Sole
- CALTO - H11282-2.6 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Navy bluee Leather Lace-up Fashion Sneakers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Ellen Tracy Women's Kandi Wedge from Cambridge Select Girls' Slip-On Knit Sweater Cuff Glitter Crystal Rhinestone Bootie (Toddler Little Kid) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a G.H. Bass & Co. Womens pink Chukka Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust VenusCelia Women's Comfort Walking Casual Flat Loafer of structured cabling, Shellys London Womens Dana Heeled Sandal, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Pleaser Women's Flora-1023 Ankle Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Pleaser Women's Amu56 blc-ms Ankle BootieAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Musse & Cloud Black Pom Pom Fringe Footbed Slide Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Seychelles Women's Play Along Dress Pump
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Lady Sandals Fashion Women Summer Boom shoes Wedges Weave Middle Heel Sandals Leisure Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality for Womens illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Pleaser Women's Del609nc Bforwardslashsch Platform Sandal runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Women's Boots, Large Size Women's shoes PU Fabric High Boots Plush Lining Non-Slip Soles Winter Warm Women's Boots, Comfortable Casual shoes,Pink,43 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Women Ankle Boots Wedge Snow Boots Height Increasing Zipper Plush Lining Keep Warm Winter Fashion Casual shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Eldof Women's High Heel Sandals Pointed Toe Slingback Stilettos 10cm Rivet Studded Party shoes
- Ktyyuwwww Women's colorful Net Daisy Repeat Flower Funny Sports Running shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Btrada Fashion Summer Casual Ladies shoes Platform Wedges High Heels Mules Horse Hair Women SlippersIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women's Snow Boots, Large Size Women's shoes Wedges Scrub Rivet Belt Buckle Booties Flap in The Tube Boots Plush Lined Winter Warm Boots, Comfortable Casual shoes,Natural,36of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Women Open Toe Sandals,Pointed Gladiator Ankle Strap Gladiator Stilettos,Fashion Buckle Prom Party High Heels shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from CASSOCK Ladies Simple Casual High Heel Sandals Cut-Out Summer Party Prom Court shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Show Story bluee and White Porcelain Platform Stiletto Ankle Boot Bootie,LF80843I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Women Dress shoes Retro Cheongsam shoes Cotton Cloth shoes Fashion Ankle Boots Winter New Warm Snow Boots (color C, Size 36) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by AllhqFashion Women's Round Open Toe Solid Cow Leather Low Heels with Bowknot and Glass Diamond, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
T-JULY Summer Women Casual Cutouts Lace Canvas shoes Female Hollow Floral Breathable Platform Wedge SneakersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist