If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s SXHDMY High-Heeled shoes Women's Fashion Temperament Sexy Wedding shoes Dress shoes High Heels Spring and Summer 12.5CM 6 colors high Heels allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop JQSM Women Leather Shoulder Bag Fashion Retro Pillow Bag Designer Boston Tote Bag Ladies Crossbody Bags Totes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new JOYBI Women Peep Toe Sandals Bow Non Slip Elegant Crystal Buckle Party Chunky Block High Heels Dress shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Nudecolor Women's Fish Mouth Stiletto Sandals Rear Buckle Sandals Beige Elegant and Geblackus(Heel Height 6-8cm)
- Esharing Women's Short Boots Women Chunky Ankle Leather Long Leggings Tight Pants Low Heels Booties shoes
- Exing Surf Aqua shoes Unisex Beach Swim Water shoes Wetsuit shoes Swim Walking Yoga Lake Beach Garden Park Driving Boating
- Artificial Flowers with Clouds Womens Fashion Canvas Deck shoes Low Top Best Athletic Sneakers for Woman White
- Funny maryland flag Tennis shoes for Women Lo-Top Breathable and Lightweight Running shoes Girls
- Native Sneaker Men Apollo Moc XL Sneakers
- YCSD Fashion Men's shoes,Spring Running shoes Flyknit Mesh Outdoor Sports Casual shoes Sneakers (color White, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
- Martin Boots Couple shoes Men And Women Genuine Leather Spring And Autumn Seude Round Toe Pure color British Style shoeslace Casual shoes Eu Size 35-44
- Puma BMW M Motorsport Evo Cat Racer Herren Sneaker
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Butterfly Flower Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Winter Boots High Women Snow Boots Plush Warm shoes shoes Female
- DBDK Women Leatherette Pointy Toe Single Sole Kitten Heel Pump EI79 - Nude
- JaHGDU Keep Warm Slippers Men Casual Slip Resistant and Waterproof Synthetic PU Slipper Medium Creative shoes Personality
- Franco Sarto Womens Roxy Square Toe Classic Pumps
- T-JULY Women's Boots New Square Slim High Heels Over The Knee Thigh High Motorcycle shoes
- Ollio Womens shoes Cutout Scalloped Ankle Straps Chunky Heeled Platforms Sandals 1VINT05 (8.5 B(M) US, White)
- Tidewater Woman's Flip Flop Sandals Southwest Stripes Navy
- Odema Mens Canvas shoes Hightop Sneakers Flat Ankle Boot Lace up shoes
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Caylee Dress Bootie with Block Heel Patent Ankle Bootie
- Giesswein Woollen Sneaker Merino Runners Women
- Joop Women’s Coralie Sneaker LFU 6 Trainers
- YXLONG Summer New Men's Casual Sports shoes Breathable Air Cushion shoes Mesh Running shoes Comfortable Wear Stylish Men's shoes
- Rockport Men's Truflex Lace to Toe Sneaker
- Beta Tools 7210BKK 36-Sapato perfurado
- Black-Sliver Rivet Comfity Boots for Women,Women's Leather Boot Rivets Studded shoes Metal Buckle Low Heels Ankle Boots
- ASHIJIN Boutique Elegant Purple Crystal Womens Night Hollow Ladies Diamond Clutch Bag & Handbag
- I Need-You Men Slippers Casual Black and White shoes Non-Slip Slides Bathroom Summer Sandals Soft Sole Flip Flops Man,Black,7
- Marc Fisher Womens Dexie Sneaker
- Diadora Heritage shoes Basse Sneakers men grey (Trident_90_Loden)
- Black (Core Black Core Black Halo) adidas Unisex Adults' Zx Flux Adv Running shoes
- Wallhewb Women's Glitter Rhinestone Beaded Platform Wedge Thong Sandals Non-Slip Mid-Hell Easy to Wear Dress Rubber Comfortable Bling Diamond gold 4 M US Thong Sandals
- colorful Candy Halloween Skull Art Slip On Canvas Upper Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Round Toe
- AdeeSu Womens Business Travel Solid Urethane Pumps shoes SDC06065
- Pleaser Women's KISS-295 C M Platform Sandal
- T-JULY Women Sandals Office Lady Platform Spike High Heel Peep-Toe Summer Club shoes with Flower Ankle Strap
- Merrell Womens Trail Runner Sneakers Avalaunch shoes
- High-Heeled Short Boots, Thick with Pointed Ankle Boots Elastic Mouth Frosted Martin Boots Non-Slip Comfortable Warm Women's Cotton shoes
- NJPU Women Comfy Block Low Heels Mary Jane Pumps Pointed Toe Casual Walking Loafers shoes
- Sperry Top-Sider Men's Wahoo LTT Fashion Sneaker
- Dockers by Gerli Men's 36HT001 Low-Top Trainer Black
- Circus by Sam Edelman Womens Binx-1 Open Toe Casual, golden Caramel, Size 9.5
- Pierre Dumas Women Sanibel-2 shoes
- Rieker Damen Schtiefelette gruen, 961629-7
- SRY-Fashion shoes Classic Business Penny Loafers for Men Genuine Leather Lightweight Wedding Coiffure Everyday Vegan shoes Anti-Slip Flat Slip-on Round Toe
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Men'S Large Size Casual shoes Autumn And Winter Martin Boots Fashion High To Help Men'S shoes To Keep Warm
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Shiney Women's Genuine Leather Martin Boots 2018 New Winter Casual Chunky Heel Plus Velvet Tooling High Boots from GIY Women's Classic Point Toe Ballet Flats Lattice Slip On Walking Flat Dress Pumps shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a GIY Women Fashion Laces Low Top Flat Sneakers Platform Increased Height Slip On Casual Sports shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Callisto Women's Simie Wedge Sandal of structured cabling, Native shoes Men's Palmer Slide Sandals Black, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Clarks Women's Crewso Emmy Pumps, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Honey Dark Brown Pajar Women's Ava Snow BootsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Cambridge Select Women's Closed Round Toe Soft Stretch Sock-Style Chunky Stacked Wrapped Heel Ankle Bootie (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Vans Men's Ward Hi Suede Canvas Top Trainers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Pin Up Couture Women's MONROE-01 Flared Heel Slide Red illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The MEIZOKEN Womens Open Toe Kitten Heel Slippers Fashion Rivets Crystal Pumps Clear Strap Slip On Mules Slide Sandals runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Cole Haan Women's Grandpro Tennis Fashion Sneaker, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- SeaVees Women's Monterey Sneaker Standard
- Pleaser Womens ADORE-708N RTPU M Sandals development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Roper Womens Wanda Western BootIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women's Clear Strappy Wedges Bling High Heels Platform Slides Sandals Open Toe Slip on Cork Roman Sandals shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools SODA Women's Round Closed Toe Faux Suede Elastic White Sole Slip On Loafer describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from YJiaJu Professional Jazz Latin Dance shoes, Leather Stretch Jazz Ballet shoes Dance Sandals Excercise shoes for Women provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Baffin Women's Coyote Boat shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its CASSOCK Ladies Simple High Heel Pumps Office-Lady Style BFCM Party Peep-Toe Fashion shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by CASSOCK Ladies Handmade High Heel Pumps Patent Leather Simple Daily Office Fashion shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
B.O.C - Womens - ZamoraDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist