If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Lugz Mens Briarwood Mid Fashion Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Ryka Women's Dash 3 Walking shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new O'Neill Men's Groundswell Flip Flop Brown at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Coral Frye Women's Carson Ballet Flat
- GIY Women's Retro Loafers Flat Moccasin Slip-On Round Toe Linen Strap Casual colorful Dress Sandals shoes
- Lacoste Fraisier 118 2 U Slide Sandal
- Fairly Buckle Strap Crystal Thick Heel Fashion Summer shoes for Party Wedding shoes,White,11.5
- HANBINGPO High HeelsWomen Pumps Fashion Flock Womens Sandals 4cm Platform Wedding Pumps Casual Thin Heels Womens shoes,11cm red,10
- YooPrettyz Women Comfort Chunky Low Heel Sandals Flowers Deco Dress Sandals Ankle Strap
- Skechers Women's Go Vulc 2 Snazzy 14583 CHAR Charcoal
- Kaloosh Women's Beautiful Pointed Toe Bowtie Thin High Heels Court shoes Party Wedding Pumps
- Wishcotton Zigzagger Women's Memory Foam Indoor-Outdoor House Sweater Knit Slippers with Ribbed Hand-Knit Collar,Black,9-10 M US
- Odsidian Malt White Converse Unisex Adults Sneakers One Star C153064 Low-Top
- Women Retro Flat shoes Street Fringe Style Women Loafers Autumn Slip-on Sneakers
- Women's Booties, Fall Winter New Plus Velvet Cotton Thick Heel Knight Boots Ladies High Help Casual Fashion Martin Boots (color Black, Size 39)
- Soft Style Women's Angel Ii
- SoftWalk Women's San Marcos Woven Mule
- ROMIKA Womens Cassie 42 Loafer Flat
- Nike Men's Legend React Running shoes, Indigo Storm Black
- Enzo Romeo SPK16 Men's Vintage Spike Dress Loafers Slip On Fashion shoes Classic Tuxedo Dress shoes
- Frye Womens Jayden Buckle Back Zip Riding Boot
- XTI Men’s 047094 Ankle Boots, Grey
- WFL Men's summer black canvas shoes men's shoes cloth shoes men's pedals lazy shoes men's casual shoes
- Light Grey Blingbling-honored High end Real Fox Fur Slipper Women Slides Sliders Fashion Spring Summer Autumn Fluffy Fur Lady S6018
- Be fearless Spring Autumn Women Moccasins Women's Flats Genuine Leather shoes Woman Lady Loafers
- Casual Men's shoes Microfiber Silver Four Seasons Can Wear Board shoes Leisure
- MERRYHE Men Lace Ups Brogue Oxford Genuine Leather Wedding Work Party Business Formal Dress shoes For Father's Days Gifts
- Cole Haan Men's Zerogrand Stitchlite Ox Winterized Sneaker
- BIGTREE Womens Knee High Boots Chunky Heel Fur Lined Riding Boots Belt Buckle with Side Zipper Winter Motocycle Boots
- Opr7 Air Force Army Aircraft Running shoes Lightweight for Mens Sneaker Athletic Casual
- Roxy Womens Esme Sandal Sandal
- Pink Unicorn Donut Diamond Slip On Superior Comfort Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Lightweight
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Classic Pointy Toe Buckle Chunky Heel Slip-On Loafer Flats Dress Pumps shoes
- ANGERT& 2019 New Spring Summer Square Toe Pu Leather Buckle Strap Rivet Spliced SimpleHigh Heels Sandals Women Fashion 10SJ713 Wine red 37
- Qupid Women's Signal-01 Dress Pump
- Btrada Woman Spring Autumn Wedges High Heels Thick Platform Sneakers Casual Vulcanized shoes
- Kirabon Women's High Heel Sandals Summer Fish Mouth Cross Strap Transparent Sexy Thin Super High Heels (color orange, Size 36)
- T-JULY Women Flat shoes Rivet Pointed Toe Buckle Strap Flat shoes Black Pink Genuine Leather shoes Women Loafers Flats Moccasin
- Badgley Mischka Womens Tayler Heeled Sandal
- Mens Rubber Waterproof Rain and Garden shoes. Clogs for Yard Work and Rainy Walk. Lightweight Boots no Smell Black
- T-JULY Women High Heel Slides Sandals Summer Exotic Dancer White Crystal Sexy Clear Wedge shoes Ladies Outside Slippers
- Low Top-Black WateLves Mens Womens Snow Boots Winter Anti-Slip Ankle Booties Outdoor Slippers Slip On with Warm Fully Fur Lined
- BILLY Footwear Kids Womens Classic Lace Low (Toddler Little Kid Big Kid)
- ARA Women's ROM 1234410 Hi-Top Trainers, bluee (blue, Midnight 17), 8.5 UK
- CRUZ Chelsea-Boots Mens Suede Grey
- FHCGMX New Couple Unisex Boot Men Boots fashion Quality Winter Snow Ankle Boots For Men's Warm Boots Ankle Work shoes size 35-48
- JIALUN-shoes Men's Classical Penny Loafers Drive Flat Embossed shoes Genuine Leather Casual Light-Weight Breathable Round Toe Slip On
- Men'S Loafers shoes Beanie shoes Tassel Flats Casual shoes Outdoor Driving shoes Soft Slippers
- A TYX-SS Summer Men'S Business shoes Dress Derby Pointed Lace Leather Oxford Wedding Fashion Uniform Retro Office Brock Black Brown Casual shoes Size 6-12
- Lin-House Simple Delicate Thin with High Heel Suede Shallow Pointed Side Hollow Women's shoes
- ProDIgal Women's High Heel Dress Black White Peep Toe Heeled Sandals
- Jedi fight back Woman Winter Plush Ankle Slip-on Snow Boots Round Toe Led Fashion Boots
- New Balance Women's WL574 Luxe Rep Sneaker
- Palm Tree Leaves Women's Lightweight Mesh Volleyball Sneakers Cute Running shoes
- Sandals for Women Artificial PU Pointed Stiletto Heels Sexy Transparent Sandals Spring and Summer New
- Calaier Womens Cadrum 2016 Ladies Designer Plus Size Point Toe High Heel 7CM Stiletto Slip on Pumps
- Dr. Scholl's shoes Womens Shine Heeled Sandal
- ROMIKA Women’s Cordoba 01 Trainers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Baretraps Womens Danique Platform Sandal from New Balance Mens Men's Response Sandal Sandal was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Charles by Charles David Womens Nadya Dress Sandal to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust J. Adams Arlo Western Bootie - Comfortable Round Toe Low Heel Slip On Ankle Boot of structured cabling, Cambridge Select Women's Closed Round Toe Lace-up Low Chunky Stacked Block Heel Combat Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Imagine Vince Camuto Women's Prest, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Superga 2754 Cotu, Unisex Adults' Hi-Top SneakersAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting BCBGeneration Women's BG-Donald Slip-On Loafer (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Easy Street Womens Tuscany Dinah Wedge Sandal Wedge Sandal
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This New Balance Mens Men's Pinnacle Flip Flip-Flop illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Marc New York by Andrew Marc Mens Bergen Sneaker runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Bernie Mev Womens Brooklyn Fashion Sneaker that may be of interest to your District including:
- Cambridge Select Women's Classic Closed Round Toe Side Stretch Cutout Pull-On Chunky Stacked Low Heel Ankle Bootie, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Cambridge Select Women's Western Strappy Buckle Cutout Chunky Stacked Heel Ankle Bootie
- Madden Mens M Cogreen Winter Boot development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
OKSOO Women's Slippers Memory Foam Fuzzy Slippers Indoor & Outdoor Winter Warm Anti-Skid Rubber Sole House shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Victoria Basket Tejido Lurex, Unisex Adults’ Low-Top Sneakers Pinkof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Caged Cutout Studded Slip-On Flat Slide Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
G.H. Bass & Co. Womens Rachael Dress SandalI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Tency Men & Women Leather Fashion Casual Commercial shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's Jet Behind Slip Embellished Heel Loafer Flat, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Nature Breeze Women's Wingtip Lace-up Rope Flatform Platform Oxford shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist