If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Kappa Trust Footwear Unisex, Unisex Adults' Low-Top Sneakers allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Ryka Womens Neve Fashion Sneaker, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new CAPE ROBBIN Women Sweater Mid-Calf Pointy Toe Oval Heel Sock Boot GB55 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- AicciAizzi Women Open Toe Sandals Flats
- Dagaote Leopard Prints Flock Ankle Boots Spring Autumn Thin Heels Short Bottes Slip-on
- Rongzhi Womens Pumps High Heel Formal Stilettos Prom Party Slip On Court shoes Pointed Toe Patent Leather
- AvaCostume Womens Phoenix Embroidery Wedge Heel Platform Ankle Booties
- Spot On Womens Ladies Metal Trim Knee High Boots
- Sam Carle Women's Pumps，Elegant Classic Slip-on High Heel Solid color Office Dress shoes
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Croatia Flag
- Walking Cradles Womens Ziggy Ankle Boot
- Cambridge Select Girls' Slip-On Knit Sweater Cuff Glitter Crystal Rhinestone Bootie (Toddler Little Kid)
- Cole Haan Men's Jones Wingtip
- Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Two Strap Buckle Glitter Slip-On Flat Slide Sandal
- QIDI Sandals Rubber Sole Female Pink Round Head Flat Heel Single shoes (Size EU36 UK3.5)
- Seychelles Womens to Do List
- Ben Sherman Men's Pete Slip on Sneaker
- Joma Soccer shoes Super REGATE Turf 906 Yellow Fluo Calcetto Scarpa
- Cole Haan Women's Crissy Ballet Flat
- Thalia Sodi Women's Massiel Wedge Heel
- Clarks Bostonian No.16 Soft Low Men's Leather Oxford
- Men's Desert Boots Outdoor Camouflage Mountaineering Tactical Boots
- LEDLFIE Men's Fashion Casual shoes Business Work Lace-up Leather shoes Single shoes
- - Geox Women's KOOKEAN 3 Oxford, Silver, 37 M EU (7 US)
- GIY Womens Flip Flops Slides Flat Sandals Buckle Strap Comfort Slip On Outdoor Low Platform Wedge Sandal
- IGI&Co Men’s 37483 00 USR1
- Romika Men's Bregenz 01 Classic Boots
- AKJC Business shoes Men Yellow Classical Men Business Dress shoes Luxury Faux Leather Derby shoes Men's Oxfords Casual Loafers shoes
- Cocey Women Pumps with Thin Heel and Pointed Toe Women Working shoes with Large
- In The Summer, The high-Heel with Stylish Casual Water Drilling Slippers
- Zhiling flip Flop- Spring and Autumn Linen Slippers Women's Thick-Soled Four Seasons Home Indoor Non-Slip Cotton and Linen Drag Silent shoes Women's RED, Size 39-40code
- Cole Haan Womens Grandpro Paisley Perforated Sneaker Fashion Sneaker
- T-JULY Sandals for Women Summer Flip-Flops Platform Japanese Wooden Cosplay shoes
- Summer-lavender Women Boots High Heels Platform Lacing Leather Short Booties Black shoes Autumn Comfortable
- High Heels Ladies Sandals Thick with Single shoes Pointed Sandals Mid Heel Sandals for Women Party shoes Two-color Women's shoes Retro Wild (color Pink, Size 37 US6.5-7)
- AmoonyFashion Women's Solid PU Kitten-Heels Buckle Open-Toe Sandals, BUTLT006256
- CASSOCK Ladies Handcrafted Buckle Deco Work Winter High Heel Ankle Boots
- Bright 2016 16 color 4 Flashing Mode USA 'Merica Style Remote contrl led luminus Light up shoes
- 2 STAR Fashion-Sneakers Womens Yellow
- Blondo Womens Edith Fashion Boot
- Women's Fashion Boots New Leather shoes Round Head Flat Comfortable Elastic Force Boots Ladies Slim High Long Boots (color Black, Size 34)
- Black Pink Muck Boot Women's Artic Sport II Mid Winter Boot
- Cambridge Select Women's Low Top 90s Lace-Up Striped High Platform Flatform Fashion Sneaker
- Finn Comfort Womens 2550 Sansibar Nappaseda Leather Sandals
- Men's shoes Feifei Winter Leisure Keep Warm Movement Cotton shoes 3 colors (color Black, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Men'S shoes Large Size Men'S Handmade Peas shoes Casual shoes Driving shoes 45464748 Yards
- Diadora Unisex Adults' Game Hologram Sneaker Low Neck
- Nike Men's Tanjun Running shoes
- Nike Arrowz, Men’s Training shoes
- VIMISAOI Women's Genuine Leather Casual Lace-up Soft Soles Flat Loafer shoes
- Unm Women's Cross Strap Heels shoes Heels
- Nine West Women's inch Suede Flat Sandal
- Hush Puppies Womens Adee Chardon shoes
- ALBBG Platform Sandals for Women- Comfort Flip Flops Wedge Sequin shoes Flats Casual Slippers for Beach
- Eclimb Women's Tassel Faux Suede Moccasin Mid-Calf Knee High Boots
- Fashion Women's Winter Sneakers High Platform 5.5cm Wedges Casual shoes Lace Up Warm Plush shoes Flats
- ASO-SLING Women's Road Running Sneakers Fashion Sport Air Mesh Lace-up Fitness Workout Gym Jogging Walking shoes
- Walking Cradles Womens Fraley Walking shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Easy Street Women's Barbara Fashion Sneaker from Easy Street Womens Edith Flat was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Deer Stags Mens Mentor Loafer to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Brinley Co Womens Molly Knee High Boot of structured cabling, Steve Madden Women's Troopa-R Cold Weather, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Skechers Mens Garton Briar Slip-On Loafer, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Sam Edelman Womens Carleigh SneakerAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Walking Cradles Womens Bounce Leather Pointed Toe Ballet Flats (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Allegra K Women's Low Chunky Heel Side Zipper Ankle Booties
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Movazi Women's Floral Leather Ankle Strap Summer Sandals Flat Sandles illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The PUMA Mens Astro Kick Sneaker runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Alfani Womens Violla Closed Toe Knee High Fashion Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- GUESS G Shantel Ankle-Strap Sandals, Black, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Tanner Flat Sandal
- Annie shoes Women's Daina Dress Pump development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Tretorn Womens Linazipwnt Rain BootIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Cobian Hybrid DX Men's Flip Flop Sandalof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from MIA Womens Elana Flat Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Palladium Women's Voyage Tuxedo OxfordI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its YooPrettyz Women Elegant Ankle Strap Platform Pumps Classic Dress Sandals Model shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Cambridge Select Women's Closed Toe Non-Slip Mesh Quick Dry Slip-On Water shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
ONEMIX Mens and womens Air Max Running shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist