If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Phil Betty Mens Oxford shoes Round Toe Lace Up Breathable Business Casual Formal shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Weeger Men's ESD Antistatic Leather Clog, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Columbia Womens MinxTM Mid Iii Mid Calf Boot at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Btrada Women Height Increasing Platform Flats shoes Spring Autumn Hidden Heel Flock Fashion Wedge Casual shoes
- MAYPIE Womens Toalmos Leather Zipper Ankle Boots
- Converse Mens Canvas Lace-Up High Top Sneakers
- Minnetonka Men's Classic Camp Moccasin
- Men Hiking Tactical Military Trekking Climbing Waterproof Boots
- Geox Women's Theragon Leather Sneaker shoes
- Skechers Performance Women& 39;s Go Walk 4 Excite Walking shoes
- NEW BALANCE U420 SIZE 5 US
- JIALUN-shoes Men's Simple Business Oxford Casual Comfortable Breathable Lace-up Pure color Formal shoes(Slip On Optional)
- Kalra Creations Jutti Leather Men shoes Indian Black Mojari Handmade Flip-Flops Flat
- LEDLFIE Men's Leather shoes Casual Lace-up Men's shoes
- King Soccer shoes Calf SG Black 41
- Leopard Yellow Box Womens Cammee Flat Sandal
- Only Shopping Can Heal Me Summer Leisure Beach Men shoes Leather Sandals The Big Yards Men's Sandals Size 38-45
- Jordan Nike Kids Air 1 Retro Hi Prem GG Wolf Grey Metallic Silver White Basketball shoes 6.5 Kids US
- 21KBARCELONA Bags Medium Handbags Purses for Women Top-Handle Bags with Multiple Pockets Purses Waterproof PU Leather Shoulder Satchel Bags for Women AK18579
- Vitalo Womens Chunky Over The Knee High Heel Zip Up Platform Thigh High Boots
- T-JULY Women Crystal Sandals Ladies Fashion Peep Toe Square Med Heel Hollow Out Zip-up Casual shoes for Spring Summer
- Sebago Hawthorne Buckle Womens B64302
- Jessica Simpson Womens Ginelle Ballet Flat
- Women's Fashion Boots Leather Fall Boots Chunky Heel Closed Toe Booties Ankle Boots Black Red (color Black, Size 38)
- Pleaser Womens ADORE-708UVJGLN C NHPG Sandals
- AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle High-Heels Microfiber Solid Pumps-shoes, BUSDT001628
- Woman Suede Sheepskin Pointed Toe Heel Stilettos
- Bugatti Women Ballerinas Brown, (Cognac) 422431604100-6300
- Sanuk Womens Little Bootah Slipper
- Official Slazenger Ash Strap Trainers Mens Athleisure Footwear shoes Sneakers
- JOUSEN Men's Hiking Boot Leather Work Boots for Men (11.5D(M) US, Brown)
- CHAMARIPA Leather Elevator shoes for Men, 3.15 inches Height Increase Casual shoes
- Lucchese Bootmaker Womens Ruth Western Boot
- Patent Black Kamik Women's Heidi Rain Boots
- WYMBS Autumn and Winter Gifts Women's shoes Pointed, Shallow, Metal Trim, Single shoes
- Qiusa Mens Casual Running shoes Soft Sole Durable Comfort Breathable Sport shoes (color White, Size UK 6.5)
- ZHRUI Men shoes Moccasins Genuine Leather Loafers Slip On Driving shoes Male Boat shoes Walking shoes (color 1-black, Size 9=43 EU)
- Merrell Men's Tahr Bolt Waterproof Low Rise Hiking shoes
- Peter Blade Loafer Sand Leather Durham
- Jordan Nike Men's Flight Runner 2 Running shoes
- CularAcci Women Block Heel Pumps
- pink town Women's high-top Canvas Side Zipper Casual shoes
- Zarbrina Womens Mesh Sneakers Knitted Lightweight Breathable Casual Tennis Outdoor Athletic Fitness Gym shoes
- Women Sandals Fashion Summer Women Classics Sandals Office Lady Woman shoes
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes High Top Women Kazakhstan Flag
- Nature Breeze High Point 01 Womens Over The Knee Stiletto Fringe Boots
- SANMIO Women Summer Flat Sandals shoes, Bohemian T Strap Prime Thong shoes Flip Flop shoes
- Walking Cradles Women's Lyon Wedge Slide
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This SHAKE Women's Cold Weather Waterproof Snow Boots for Women Lightweight Insulation Winter shoes Fur Lining from New Balance Mens Fresh Foam Vongo-m Running shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Men's shoes Casual Comfort Flat Loafers Beach Sandals Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Summer Hole Lazy shoes,A,41 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Nike Force Savage Elite Td Mens 857063-107 of structured cabling, Hiking shoes Waterproof Outdoor Sports Mountain Anti-Skid Hunting Boots Sneakers, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Men's Slide Closed Sandals Leather Leisure Slippers Outdoor Summer Beach Pantolette, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
TSLA TF-X700-CGR_Men 9.5 D(M) Men's Lightweight Sports X Series Running shoes X700 (True to Size)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Bergort Women's Hiking shoes Outdoor Sports Climbing Boots Waterproof (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Hiking shoes Men Trekking shoes Low Top Outdoor Walking Waterproof Leather Trail Sneakers (color Black, Size 42)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Skechers Mens On The Go Glide Mission Boat shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Large Size shoes Fashion Tide shoes Men's White shoes Spring Men's High shoes Sports Wind Casual shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Men's Leather shoes 2018 Autumn New Men's Breathable Casual shoes Hollow Leather Driving Men's shoes (color C, Size 38) that may be of interest to your District including:
- Report Womens Palomina Dress Sandal, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Franco Sarto Womens Alex Ballet Flat
- Sanuk Men's Guide Fashion Sneaker development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
TYSS Ballet Slipper shoes Pointe Canvas Split Sole Practice Ballet Dancing Gymnastics shoes Ballet Flat Slipper Yoga shoes PinkIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Converse Women's Chuck Taylor All Star Core Oxof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Nike Dri-fit Cool Relay Running Shirt Mens Style 718348 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Skechers Women's Savor-Entice Fashion SneakerI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Clarks Women's Arla Jacory Sandals (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Bar Iii Women's Naomi Knee-High Boot, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Adidas Men's Tubular Doom Originals Running shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist