If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Official Brand Dunlop Safety Wellington Boots Mens Black Work shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Men's shoes Outdoor Sports Flip-Flops Toe Casual Breathable Men's Beach shoes Non-Slip Men's Slippers Men's shoes (color 6 US), Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Comfort Driving shoes Hollow-Out Lace-up Office & Career Breathable Comfort Outdoor Lazy shoes Formal Business Work (color A, Size 39) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Snow Boots Women Mid Heel shoes Winter Warm Mid-Calf Booties for Outdoor
- All-About-Us 2019 Women shoes Moccasins Female Genuine Leather Boots Handmade Vintage Style Ankle Zip Fashion Soft Winter Fur Ankle shoes
- KANNA Women's Leather Glitter Sliders Silver
- American Rag Womens Adesyre Faux Leather Chelsea Booties
- Clarks Men's Outrock LO GTX Oxford
- Deltaplus Men's LH517 S1 Safety shoes US Size 14 Black
- Women Booties Leather Martin Boots Winter Personality Lace-UP Round Head Thick Heel Mid Heel Knight Boots Ladies Fashion Ankle Boots (color B, Size 38)
- Toy Story Round Up Gang Woody and Bullseye Flats
- Basketball shoes Men's Basketball shoes Men's and Women's Casual Sneakers Damping Lightweight Running shoes Non-Slip Stoic Damping
- Men's Casual shoes Retro Brogues Carved Casual shoes Business Work shoes Party shoes
- FuweiEncore shu, 2018 Men's New Loafer Flats, Men's Deepest Casual Slippers Casual is a Crocodile Brock Business British Fashion One Bad Leg is A Lazy Foot Boot Moccasins, Royal bluee, UK 8 EU 42
- Hush Puppies Mens Lively Genius Lively Genius
- Black Sam Edelman Women's Kinzey Fashion Boots
- Huhuj Chelsea boots Autumn winter short boots Joker Martin boots with flat Wind of England student vintage nude boots winter women shoes
- Thgoldgood V-Series Men's 6 Work Boot Safety Toe
- Opportunity shoes - Corso Como Womens Rasta Sneaker
- ADIDII Womens Printed Non-Slip Slippers Slide flip Flop Sandals labron_Make_L.A_Great Again Summer Stylish
- Edv0d2v266 Women's Stylish Pointy Toe Stiletto Heel Ankle High Boots Heel Ankle Boots
- WeiPoot Women's Kitten-Heels Patent Leather Solid Pull-on Square Closed Toe Pumps-shoes
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women's Salsa Latin Dance shoes 8.5CM Heel gold Silver Black 3 colors Glitter Material
- Btrada Women Canvas Hidden Wedges shoes High Platform Height Increasing Female Casual Vulcanized shoes
- Shiney Women's Boots Top Layer Leather Martin Boots Female Rivet Pointed Chunky Heel Retro Lace Up Short Boots
- Cambridge Select Women's Closed Pointed Toe Low Heel Kitten Ankle Bootie
- New Womens Boots Winter Plus Velvet Thick Heel Martin Boots Low Heel Non Slip Wear- Resistant Fashion Boots (color Black, Size 37)
- ROMIKA Womens Florenz 10 Sandal
- Natural Soul Women's, Flexy Flats
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Mens Klay Boot Fashion Boot
- GUESS Womens Razzle Satin Espadrille Platform Sandals Black 5 Medium (B,M)
- Cole Haan Harrington Grand Riding Bootie
- VIC BY VIC MATIé Women's 4K8190D Black Leather Wedges
- Ivory T-JULY Women Mid Calf Boots Soft High Heel Cross Strap Metal Buckle Platform Short Boots Winter Lady Thick Fur Warm Boots
- Grasshoppers Women's Stretch Plus Center Gore Loafer Black
- Easy Go Shopping Oxford shoes for Men Formal shoes Lace Up Style Microfiber Leather Personality Texture Pointed Toe Cricket shoes (color Red, Size 8.5 UK)
- Adidas Pharrell Williams Tennis Hu Trainers bluee
- Puma Men's Blaze Winter Tech Fashion Sneaker
- WQING Walking Hiking shoes Low Rise Hiking Boots Outdoor shoes Waterproof Non-Slip Casual shoes
- Yellow Men's Casual Simple Classic Round Toe Lace-up Outsole Height Formal shoes Fashion Oxford
- Cambridge Select Women's Strappy Buckle Platform Stiletto Heel Ankle Bootie
- Zarbrina Women's Bohemian Glitter Beaded Wedding Clip Peep-Toe Flip Flops Summer Comfort Elastic Flat Sandals
- GUESS Womens Selya Faux Suede Wedge Flip-Flops
- WeiPoot Women's Low-Heels Solid Buckle Frosted Closed-Toe Sandals, EGHLH006469
- Ghssheh Women's Elegant Rhinestone Belt Chunky High Heel Bridal Ankle Booties Round Toe Side Zipper Short Boots Pink 4.5 M US
- Btrada Women Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Chunky Heel Soft Velvet Vamp Sexy Booties
- Btrada Women Height Increasing Casual Sneakers Ladies Platform Wedge shoes Comfort Lace Up Walking shoes
- Women's Sandals, 2019 European and American Style with Sexy Fish Mouth Fine Super High Heels 42 Yards Open Toe Buckle Black Party and Party Party and Party,b,39
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Bearpaw Women's Camila Fashion Boot from Yan Men's shoes Leather Comfort Loafers & Slip-ONS Walking shoes 2018 Spring Fall Driving shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Star Wars Imperial Symbol Black Stainless Steel 8.25 Men's Link Bracelet to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Summer Sandals Men's Sports and Leisure Comfort Baotou Outside Breathable Non-Slip Beach shoes,40 of structured cabling, Eastland Mens Yarmouth Boat shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Palladium Women's Baggy Low LP Combat Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
UIN Men's Real Scottish Cute Microfiber Fashion shoes BeighAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Athena Alexander Womens Sergia Wedge Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Sam Edelman Womens Leora Slip-On Loafer
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Rockport Cobb Hill Women's Cobb Hill Penfield Zip Flat illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The U-MAC Men's Flip Flops Thong Sandals Comfortable Slip on Non-Skid Summer Beach Casual Slippers runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Black Columbia Women's Downpour RAIN Boots shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Men's Comfort Loafers Leather Spring Fall Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes Black Brown,B,42, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Men's Outdoor Hiking shoes Autumn Non-Slip Leisure Travel Walking shoes
- Men's shoes Fall Winter Fashion Basketball shoes Academy High-top Sneakers Outdoor Hiking shoes Running Lace-up shoes (color A, Size 44) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Skechers Arya in The Stars Womens Slip On Skimmer SneakersIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the CHOCOLA Oxfords-shoes Mens Leather Greyof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Men's shoes, Spring Fall Sports Sneaker Casual shoes Fashion Running shoes Comfort Hiking shoes Athletic shoes Personality Running shoes Walking XUE (color A, Size 39) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
PUMA Vikky Platform Women's Sneakers (363287)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Skechers Womens On-The-Go 600 - Polished Flip-Flop (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Adidas Unisex Adult Duramo Slide Open Toe Sandals, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Brinley Co Womens Booties Ankle BootDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist