If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Bergort Men Hiking Boots Tactical Climbing shoes Outdoor Sports allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Step n Style 6 to 11.5 Mens Khussa shoes Punjabi Jutti Handmade Jalsa Tribal shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Clarks Men's Tilden Plain Lace up Leather shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Grey Antelope Women's 411 Suede Gathered Mini Buckle
- Rock & Candy Womens Caitie Heeled Sandal
- Western Peak Women's Aztec Design Full Rhinestones Round Concho Diamond Red Brown Turquoise Flip Flops Sandals
- Showudesigns Lightweight Women's Sneaker Running Sport shoes Animal Fashion Pattern
- Women Platform Block Heel Pump Party shoes with Chunky Wedding shoes
- Keds Women's Double Decker Light Peach
- 1TO9 Womens Hook-And-Loop Buckle Round-Toe Leather Flats shoes
- Women Air Mesh Wedges Sneakers Breathable Slip-on Lace-up Platform Mid Heel Summer Casual shoes
- PREtty-2 Winter shoes Boots Genuine Leather Ankle shoes Casual shoes Brand Design Retro Women Boots Lady
- Giro Privateer Lace Cycling shoes - Men's
- Women's Martin Boots Matte Wedges Round Head Low Boots Embroidered Flowers Decorative Side Zipper Inside Increased Fashion Boots (36 EU-43 EU),Black,37EU
- American Rag Palima Women US 9 Ivory Slingback Sandal
- Johnston & Murphy Men's Harman Metal Bit Driver Penny Loafer
- Ellie shoes Women's 711 Coco Platform Sandal
- K-Swiss Mens Gen-k Weekender Sneaker
- Geox Sneakers U4207K 022ME C4064
- Yosi Samra Womens Vivian Loafer
- Nike AIR Jordan 11 Retros 'Olive LUX' Womens -AR0715-200
- British Knights Decoy Men's Low-TOP Sneaker
- Summer Men's Simple Solid color Casual shoes Comfortable Foot Care
- pink Blingbling-honored High end Real Fox Fur Slipper Women Slides Sliders Fashion Spring Summer Autumn Fluffy Fur Lady S6018
- JaHGDU Fashion High-top Zip Sneakers shoes Flat Canvas Women Fashion Leisure Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality Black White for Womens
- XUE Men's shoes Knit Fall Comfort Athletic shoes Running shoes Outdoor Walking shoes ，Casual Breathable，Fitness shoes (color A, Size 44)
- LEDLFIE Men's Real Leather shoes Business Suits shoes Wedding shoes
- 361 Degrees Mens Sensation 2
- Material Girl Womens Blaire6 Open Toe Special Occasion, purplec Mirror, Size 7.5
- Women Sandals Vintage Summer Women shoes Flat Sandals Flip-Flops for Women Beach shoes
- MEIZOKEN Women's Open Toe Chunky Heel Sandals Ankle Strap Slingback Rhinestone Dress Pumps Slides Sandal
- AmoonyFashion Women's Round-Toe Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Boots with Chunky Heels and Zippers
- Lolli Couture Karyn's Collection Womens Dale Western Cowboy Boots,Black-Dale,5.5
- ASICS Gel Game 6 Women's Tennis shoes - SS17
- GIY Womens Fashion Dress Ankle Boots Sparkle Metallic Round Toe Zipper Bootie Chunky Block Heel Short Boot
- Vionic Women's Relax Slipper in Light Grey
- Women's Cotton shoes Leather Non-Slip Thick with Round Head Boots Side Zipper Embroidered Martin Boots National Wind Winter
- Unisex Adult shoes, Fashion Low-top Driving shoes
- Crevo Mens Faireweather Fashion Boot
- Men's Summer Sandals shoes Open Toe Beach shoes Roman Leather Breathable Rhinestones Comfortable Non Slip Shower
- Rockport Women's Tf Chenole Ballet shoes, 9.5 B(M) US, Black Suede
- Seafoam White New Balance Women's
- Milwaukee Men's Motorcycle Leather Boot, Waterproof Front Double Zipper, Side Laces
- Steve Madden Women's Caryssa Platform Pump gold
- Nike JR MercurialX Victory 6 DF TF Mens Soccer-shoes 903604-616_2Y - University RED Black-Bright Crimson
- Etnies Men's Jameson Mt Athletic shoes Varies Black
- Adidas Country Og, Men’s shoes
- QRETYSG flip flop Men Sandal Lightweight Summer Leisure Beach Men shoes Man Sandals Outdoor Walking
- Mezlan Men's Casares Ii Chelsea Boot
- HuangKang Women's Sandals Flowers Summer Women's shoes Beach Flat Sandals Large Size Women's Flat Sandals
- LIURUIJIA Womens shoes Slingback Kitten Heels Dress Pumps MJT1- c-6-07
- Shenghuajie Vintage Beijing Cloth shoes Embroidered Boots 12-03 red with Cotton
- AllhqFashion Women's Pu Stripe Buckle Round Closed Toe Kitten Heels Pumps shoes
- UISLE7 Ice Cream Donut Lipstick High Heels Lips Purple Womens Cozy Lightweight Sneakers Running shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Round Closed Toe High-Heels Frosted Assorted color Low-Top Boots, Green, 37
- Btrada Women Platform Wedge Sandals Summer Open Toe Cross High Heels Sandals Bohemian Style Ladies shoes
- Ellie 5 Heel Open Toe Pump.
- Haflinger 311013-36 Hausschuhe, Filztoffel Flair Smily, grasgreun, Gr.48
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Two Strap Chunky Platform Wedge Slide Sandal from R & B R-303 Men's Rain Boots Black Rubber Waterproof Knee Slip-Resistant Snow Work shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a HUAN Men's shoes Microfiber Spring Fall Formal shoes Comfort Oxfords Lace-up for Casual Office & Career Black Khaki to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Bergort Hiking shoes Men Mountain Climbing shoes Outdoor Sport Trekking Sneakers of structured cabling, Spring Autumn Men Military Boot Black Breathable Canvas Ultra Light Desert shoes Mens Combat Ankle Tactical Army Boots, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Reebok Mens Club C 85 G Sneaker, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Badgley Mischka Womens Tasha Heeled SandalAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Bernie Mev. Brighten Women's Casual Woven Open Toe Wedge (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Men's shoes Spring and Autumn Fashion Wear-Resistant Martin Boots Casual High-top Non-Slip Casual
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Lady Sandals Fashion Women Sandals Summer Boom shoes Wedges Weave Flat Roman Beach Fashion Basic Wild Comfort Soft Casual Solid color Buckle Sandals illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Gracosy Wedges Sandals,Women's Leather Handmade colorful Flower Vintage Slip-on shoes Platform Sandals runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Phil Betty Mens Booties Plus Velvet Warm Zipper Breathable Casual Comfortable Cotton Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- Bucketfeet Men's Wild Ducks Lace-Down Fashion Sneakers, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Steve Madden Mens Comeback Oxford
- Cotswold Womens Sandringham Wellington Navy Size UK 8 EU 41 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Skechers Mens Walson- Dolen OxfordIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Z.L.F shoes Men's Everyday Retro Modern Oxfords Loafer Solid color Flat Heel Lace Up shoes Leather shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Do.BOMRVII Mens Casual Lace-Up Genuine Leather Sneaker shoes, Black describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from ARA Women's Nery Slip-On Loafer provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Men's Comfort Loafers Leather Spring Fall Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes Black Brown,B,42I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Men's Lightweight Sport Running shoes Breathable Athletic Tennis Sneakers (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by D.A.T.E. (DATE) Fashion-Sneakers Mens Suede Yellow, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
ECCO Mens Soft 7 Lace Low Fashion SneakersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist