If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Sol Sana Womens Diana Boot Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop BalaMasa Womens Fur Collar Sponge Soles Imitated Suede Boots ABL11889, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new T-JULY Fashion Women Flats Casual Leather Loafers Female Slip On Moccasins shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Hogan Women's HXW3650BL20KHZ0351 White Leather Sneakers
- SOUL Naturalizer Womens Isla Loafer Flat
- Vivona WX-333 40cm Colourful Plush Creative 3D Donut Throw Pillow Sofa Car Cushion Valentines Gift - (Pattern 04)
- Super explosion Women Wedding High Heels Sandals Zipper shoes Flats Slip On Wedges shoes
- Gusha Winter Boots, Women's Stretch Over The Knee Boots, Thick Boots, Casual Party
- Ladola Womens Flat Soft-Ground Bows Cobra Low-Cut Uppers Urethane Pumps shoes
- Art Men's 1301 Memphis Beige I Explore Closed Toe Sandals
- Fuxitoggo Fashion Trend Canvas Canvas shoes Comfortable Breathable Casual All-match Men's shoes (color Dark grey, Size UK 6.5)
- Nunn Bush Men's Bourbon Street Oxford with KORE Technology, Cognac, 15 Wide
- Ghapwe Women's Sexy Peep Toe Sandals - Faux Suede Cross Strap Solid color - Stiletto High Heels Gladiators shoes with Zipper Navy 7 M US
- Joy & Lemon Womens Faux Fur Slipper Open Toe Home Slippers Indoor House Slippers Spa Slides Slippers Outdoor Sandals
- AIWEIYi Womens Winter Snow Boots Footwear Fur Warm Snow Boots Thigh High Boots Black
- Nerefy Slide Sandals Women Luxury Slipper Genuine Cow Really Leather shoes Flats Slippers Women Fashion
- Hoxekle Spring Autumn Women Boots Ribbon Solid Mid Calf Half Boots Boots Height Increasing shoes
- Cambridge Select Women's Retro 90s Ugly Dad Iridescent Lace-Up Chunky Platform Fashion Sneaker
- Very Volatile Women's Bolten Heeled Sandal
- Badgley Mischka Womens Ginger Wedge Sandal
- Vionic Brisk Pace Mary Jane Grey
- New Balance - U410SD - U410SD
- TOTO - D5612 - 2.4 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Black Lightweight Casual shoes
- Qiusa Running shoes for Men, Sneakers Trainers Lace-up Flats Flip Flops Thongs Espadrilles Wedge Sports Gym Outdoor Walking Hiking Workout, Boys Breathable Canvas Slip-On
- GJLIANGXIE Men'S Sandals Vacation Beach Summer Word Drag Beach Letters Outdoor Leisure Large Size Korean Version Of Wild Wear Sandals And Slippers Men
- Skechers Performance Men's Go Train-Endurance Walking shoes
- Adidas Originals Vengeful M Boost Running Grey Men Trainers Sneaker shoes
- Black T-JULY Keep Warm Snow Boots Fashion Thick Fur Platform Mid Calf Winter Boots for Women shoes Footwear Size 30-52
- Popular Ins Fashion Brand Daddy shoes Women's Genuine Leather Sneakers bluee Patchwork Weave Leisure Muffin shoes
- Bamboo Seashore 22S Women's Strappy Open Toe Buckle Sandals
- WeenFashion Women's Pull On No Heel Blend Materials Solid Peep Toe Flats-Sandals
- WeenFashion Women's PU Round-Toe Kitten-Heels Pull-On Solid Pumps-shoes
- Warm Black Men's Ankle Work Boot Casual Simple and Comfortable Faux Fleece Inside Retro High Top Boot Cricket shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Birds Leaves Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- HeaBea Body Women Ballet Flat Genuine Leather Ballerina Portable Travel Flats Pocket shoes + 2 Pairs Freebie of Ballet Flat Socks
- FLYSXP Women's High Heel Sandals Summer New Pointed Cross Buckle with Thin High Heel shoes Wedding shoes 35-40 Yards Women's shoes (color Apricot, Size 40)
- MARHE Women's Pointed Toe Slip on Stiletto High Heel Patent Leather Dress Office Party Usual Pumps
- Sexy Very High Stripper 8 Inch Slip On Platform
- T-JULY Women Platform Flip Flops New Summer PU Leather Slipper High Heel shoes Ladies Big Size Slipper
- KUVV Comfortable Men's Comfort shoes PU(Polyurethane) Spring & Summer Loafers & Slip-Ons Breathable White Black Dark bluee
- Vans Unisex Adults’ U Authentic Sneaker
- Men's Sandals Leather shoes Summer Casual Sandals Breathable Beach shoes Boating,a,39
- Nike Men's 812870 Ankle-High Basketball shoes
- 5.11 Mens Fast-tac Waterproof 6 Tactical Hiking Boot Military and Tactical Boot
- Roper Women's Dylan Brown Leather Boot 5 M
- ZHRUI Mens Driving shoes Genuine Leather Loafers shoes Fashion Handmade Soft Breathable Moccasins Flats Slipe On shoes (color bluee Hollowed, Size 6.5=40 EU)
- Etonic 901424 Men's G-Sok Sport shoes, 13 Wide
- Puma Speed Ignite Netfit Champs Mens Running shoes - bluee
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Mojo Moxy Women's Palacio Western Boot from Mzq-yq Mens Sports Sandals Outdoor Closed Toe Hiking Leather Sandals Athletic Sandals Summer Casual Beach shoes Soft Anti Collision was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens Victoria Dress Sandal to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust DSFGHE Men Boots Hiking Tactical Boots Mountaineering Lightweight Work Boots High Help Lace-up shoes Breathable Snow Boots of structured cabling, ASICS Women's Gel-Nimbus 18 Running shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, PUMA X Diamond Basket Sock Lo Mens Black Textile Lace Up Sneakers shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
YYIN Neutral Waterproof shoes Hiking Outdoor Climbing Sandals Sports Running Wading shoes shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Hi-Tec Mens V-lite Wild-Life Mid I Water Resistant Hiking Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Men's Leather Rivetboots Martin Boots Driving shoes Platform shoes Comfortable Sparkling Glitter Studded shoes Personality Party & Evening Night Club Stage
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Reebok Men's Ridgerider Trail 2.0 Running shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Phil Betty Mens Oxford shoes Slip-On Round Toe Breathable Business Casual Dress shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Men's running shoes Sports Leisure shoes Wear-resistant anti-slip shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Cole Haan Men's New Harbor Venetian II Loafer
- Nike Hyperchase Mens Basketball Trainers 705363 Sneakers shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Men Boots Plush Keep Warm Top shoes Outdoor Casual Winter shoes Autumn Boots Motorcycle BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the QAR Black Casual Large Size Flip Flops Men's Outdoor Rubber Soles Comfortable Sandals flip Flop (color Black, Size 41)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Phil Betty Mens Casual shoes Round-Toe Breathable Wear-Resistant Flat Loafers shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from WLJSLLZYQ Men's Summer shoes Linen Lazy Loafers air Pedal shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Mens Reebok Realflex Run 2.0 Running-UK 8 EU 42 US 9I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its LIYUAN Men's MULINSEN Lace-Up Oxford shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by VIISHOW Serene 2017 Retro Mens Leather Fashion Casual shoes Lace Up shoes for Mens, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Men's Leather Oxford shoes Wedding shoes Lace up Cap Tuxedo Formal Dress shoes - Black Brown (color Brown, Size 39 EU)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist