If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s YALOX Water shoes Men's Women's Outdoor Beach Swim Aqua Socks Quick-Dry Barefoot shoes for Surfing Yoga Pool Exercise(8080-bluee,44EU) allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Converse Karmaloop The Chuck Taylor All Star Core Hi Sneaker Black (11 B(M) US, Black White), Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new HUAN Men's shoes Pointed Toe Spring Fall Driving shoes Formal shoes Comfort Loafers & Slip-ONS Rhinestone Rivet Flower for Wedding Party & Evening at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Alexander Wang Ava Women's Sandals & Flip Flops
- Unm Women High Heels D'Orsay Sandals Ankle Strap
- Onewus Women Mid-Calf Cowboy Boots
- KKEPO& Fashion New Womens Platform Pumps Sexy High Heels Party shoes Wedding Black
- Zioso TMZ382 Women's Square Toe Satin Bridal Wedding Evening Formal Party Pumps shoes
- Cute Pink Pig Mom with Piggy Kid Women's Designer Lightweight Sneakers Gym Outdoor Running shoes
- Converse Chuck Taylor Women's Light Optical White High Top
- ERSER Pugs Dog Beach Ball Running shoes Women Wide
- shoes Mountain bike sneakers, redating buckle lock-free breathable cycling, men's and women's lightweight casual hiking, suitable for outdoor sports riding ZDDAB
- Newton Running Men's Distance 7
- GIY Women's Pointed-Toe Blocked Heels Ankle Boots Slip On Casual Side Zip High Heels Booties
- CYBLING Women's Comfort Metallic Sneakers Hidden Heel Fashion Sports Outdoor Lace up Wedges shoes
- Saucony Womens Redeemer Iso-w Running shoes
- Muck Boot Women's Muckster Clogs
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Liliana Slide Sandal
- Converse Unisex Jack Purcell Mid Basketball shoes
- FRAU Suede Pepe - 73H4
- Nunn Bush Men's Shawn Plain Toe Oxford Black 12 W US
- SERAFINI Women's MCBI13643 Beige Leather Sneakers
- Boxfresh Men’s Barkow Sh CNVS NVY Loafers
- Pink goldsmyth Summer Woman Crystal Low Square Heels Slippers Genuine Leather shoes Woman Sandals Open Toe shoes
- Skechers Men's Sport Pier Brown Trainer
- Palladium Ax_eon Ar Mid, Men’s Ax_eon Ar Mid
- TD Road Running Casual shoes Casual shoes New Spring And Autumn Men's shoes High shoes Men's shoes Casual shoes Men (color RED, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
- CK Jeans Men's Iona Sneaker
- Lucksender Womens Back Zip Round Toe Chunky Low Heel Platform Ankle High Boots
- GenePeg Summer Heeled Sandals for Women Sexy Chunky Wedge Rhinestone Butterfly Slip-On shoes
- Sunlome Squirrels Cherry Painting Print Handbags Women's PU Leather Top-Handle Shoulder Bags
- Columbia Women's Vulc N Vent Lace Canvas II Casual shoes
- ELLIE 105-SADDLE 1 Heel Women's Saddle shoes
- Two Lips Women's Tempted Thong Sandal
- Btrada Women Fashion Rivet Crystal Platform Slides Sandals Flips Flops Summer Wedges Style Sandals shoes
- JQfashion Open Toe Summer Wedges Female Sandals Super High Heels Cover shoes Casual Party Flock Platform Sandals Woman Sexy Crystal
- SHAKE Women's Cold Weather Waterproof Snow Boots for Women Lightweight Insulation Winter shoes Fur Lining
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Womens Glennie Loafer Flat
- HUMGFENG Table Tennis Non-Slip Breathable Wearable Professional Training Sports shoes for Men
- HUAN Mens Casual shoes Leather Outdoor Exercise Sneakers Lace-up Flat Loafers Trainers shoes
- Official D555 Zenon Pump Trainers Mens Athleisure Footwear shoes Sneakers
- New Balance Men's MW847 Health Walking White Navy
- Aigle Mens Parcours 2 Vario Rubber Boots
- Pleaser Womens Bej3019rsf-7 Bpu Srs Boot
- Mens Premium 100% Leather Dealer Chelsea Boot - Slip On All Day Comfort
- RW by Robert Wayne Mens Paco Paco Black Size 9.5 M US
- Geox U Nebula B Men Low-Top Trainers
- Fila Men's Vulc 13 Sneaker
- Men's Derby shoes Full Brogue Lace-up shoes Casual shoes Men's Dress Business shoes Work shoes
- Black Women's Sandals Flip-Flops, Summer shoes, Large Size Wedges, Platform Clip Toe Sandals,Suitable for Home, Beach, Daily Wear, Leisure, Vacation, Travel, Casual
- BEST WISH-slipper shoes Woman Straw Weaving Slides Fringe Slippers Low Heel Mule Hollow Out Square Toe Sandals Loafers shoes women Black Apricot
- Avec Les Filles Womens Caila Open Toe Casual Ankle, Pink Champagne, Size 6.0
- Velardeeee Glittering Beaded Bohemia Women Beach Sandals Rhinestone Flip Flops LadyDiamand Platform Wedge shoes
- INC International Concepts Womens Sammee17 Low Top Slip On Fashion Sneakers
- Report Womens Deena Ankle Boot
- Top Moda Tail-3 Women's Buckle Stacked Block Heel Chelsea Ankle Booties
- Cambridge Select Women's Low Top 90s Satin Lace-Up Chunky Platform Flatform Fashion Sneaker
- YUKILO Ladies Fashion Pointed High Heels Sexy Single shoes Thick with Women's shoes (color Aprikosen, Size 36)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Vionic Women's Minna Ballet Flats in bluesh from Men's Sports Casual shoes Spring Fall New Knit Socks shoes Single shoes Comfortable Fashion Sneakers (color B, Size 38) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Laura Vita Delphine 178, Women’s Low-Top Sneakers to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Lujke Men's Slip-on shoes Water, Comfort Walking, Beach or Travel shoes Black of structured cabling, Men's Cgoldnado Acapulco ( 31138) color Black Men's Ankle Boots Square Toe, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, XIANGBAO-Personality Casual Sports shoes for Men Outside Mesh Weaving Run Breathable Sneakers Light-Weight Troll Head Relax Walking shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Bravo Vangelo Men's Tuxedo shoes Tux-3 Wrinkle Free Dress shoes Formal Oxford Black & White PatentAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting DIMAOLV Men's shoes Nubuck Leather Spring Fall Comfort Sneakers for Casual Black Red bluee,Black,US9.5 EU42 UK8.5 CN43 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Spring Step Women's Brilliance Dark Red Multi boots 41 M
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This GAOLIM The Water Drilling Thick Sponge Cake Waterproof Taiwan High With Slotted Fasteners, Thick With Sandals Female Summer illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Adidas Women's Originals Crazy 8 ADV shoes CQ2846 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide MUMUWU Men's Fashion Ankle Boot Casual Classic Engraving Brogue Winter Faux Fleece Inside High Top Boot Winter that may be of interest to your District including:
- Bearpaw Women's Camila Fashion Boot, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Men's Follow My Lead Slip-On Dress shoes Black
- XINBONG Men's Dress shoes Pointed Toe Classic Black Oxford shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Adidas Men's Predator 18.3 Fg Footbal shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Yan Men's Casual shoes Loafers Slip On shoes Boys Leather Driving shoes for Wedding Casual Party & Eveningof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from PUMA Men's Match Vulc Classic Sneaker provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
KMJBS-Blade Mesh Sports shoes Summer Men Breathe Freely Light.Black Forty-ThreeI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Men Hiking Trekking Sandals,Summer Leather Closed-Toe Slipper Adjustable Straps Outdoor Athletic Sandals (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by EVER BOOTS Predector Men's Steel Toe Industrial Work Boots Safety shoes Electrical Hazard Predection, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Dickies Fury Super Safety Hiker (FA23380A)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist