If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s ONEKE Snow Boots for Men Insulated Waterproof Work Boots Hiking shoes Hunter Boot Durable Outdoor Ski Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Phil Betty Mens Booties Autumn Winter Plus Velvet Warm Round-Toe Non-Slip Cotton shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Nature Breeze pinkmarie-01 Womens Metallic Sparkling Bling Glitter Bomb Fashion Sneaker at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Paul Parkman Men's Wingtip Tassel Loafers Green
- Easy Street Womens Britney Dress Sandal
- MTNG Women’s 69337 Low-Top Sneakers Black
- Winter Knee High Boots Fashion Women Over The Knee Boots Autumn shoes Female Thigh High Boots shoes
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Pumps Sandals Single Strap Pointed Toe Stiletto Ladies Classic Elegant High-Heel shoes
- ABSOLUTE FOOTWEAR Ladies Womens Summer Holiday Beach Millie Flower Sandals shoes Flip Flops
- QLX Couple shoes, Summer Hiking shoes, Women's Hiking shoes, Non-Slip Sports shoes, Outdoor shoes, Breathable Men's and Women's shoes, Cross-Country Running shoes
- Men's Hollow Casual shoes Non-slip Hasp Driving shoes Cozy Breathable Sleeve Loafers Low-top shoes
- Nike Air Max 95 OG Mens Running Trainers AT2865 Sneakers shoes (UK 4 US 4.5 EU 36.5, String Total orange 200)
- WeenFashion Women's Buckle High Heels Blend Materials Solid Open Toe Sandals
- Drew Toby Women Snow Boots Winter Short Tube Warm Non-Slip Cotton shoes
- Longbao Classic shoes Women s Genuine Leather Square Heel Autumn Office s Retro Women shoes
- Reebok Womens W O Lo Plus Iridescent Walking shoes
- Geox Women's Arjola E Metallic Suede Sneaker shoes
- Qupid Women's Lace-Up Closed Round Toe Chunky Stacked Block Heel Ankle Bootie
- PUMA Unisex Adults Wired Low-Top Sneakers
- Sport Sandals Sandals Summer Beach Roman shoes Fishing Breathable Casual shoes Outdoor Camping Slippers Non-Slip Walking Men's Sandals (color Black, Size 9UK 11US)
- PUMA Women's Sirena Summer Pack Low-Top Sneakers
- Ted Baker Hann - Tan Leather (Brown) Mens shoes
- White Vittoria 1976 Evo Cycling shoes
- Easy Go Shopping Strong Antislip Sandal Summer Water Beach shoes Lace up Microfiber Leather Breathable Perforated Open Toe Men's Sandals Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8.5 UK)
- Puma Ibiza Mid, Unisex-Adults' High-Top Trainers
- Kelme Precision Indoor Trainers Mens Lime Wh blue Football Soccer Fusbal shoes
- Y-H Men's Martins Boots, Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes Formal shoes Retro Plus Velvet Booties Tooling Boots Formal Business Work (color B, Size 41)
- 2 goldsmyth Black Low Slippers Summer Ladies New Leather Wedge Heel Outside Slides Flat Sandals
- Gcanwea Women's Warm Fur Faux Suede Buckle Straps Round Toe Flats Slip On Short Snow Boots shoes Overcoat Highten Increasing Mental Decoration Winter Warm Down Pile Black 4 M US Short Boots
- TAOFFEN Women's Snow Boots Lace Up shoes
- Kanf saysfg Christmas Snowflakes Image Fashion Running Sneakers for Women Lightweight Breathabl Running shoes
- Boots Stretch Fabric Pointed Toe Sexy Stiletto Pumps Black Sock Bootie shoes Woman 35-40,Black,4
- PUMA Ignite Evoknit (En black)
- Jocbinltd Women shoes Rivets Flats Pointed Toe Ladies shoes Slip On Flat Heels Casual shoes Summer Women shoes Black
- Aerosoles Womens Sing Along Sneaker
- ERSER Christmas Penguins Winter Running shoes Women
- Shiney Women's Short Ankle Boots Mesh Leather Metal Buckle Red Black Brown Autumn Winter Stiletto Heels
- Haflinger 311013 Hausschuhe, Filztoffel Flair Smily, Jeans
- 12.5cm Wedge Heel Martin Boot Cross Straps Platform shoes Women Comforty Round Toe Rivets Zipper Casual Ankle Bootie EU Size 34-39
- Men 's Home Cotton Slippers Brown shoes Mixed color Indoor Keep Warm Casual Slippers Personality Quality for Men
- Buganda Women's Short Rain Boots - Waterproof Non Slip Ankle Rain shoes Elastic Chelsea Booties
- DIMAOLV Men's shoes PU Spring Fall Comfort Sneakers for Casual orange Black White Dark Green,orange,US7 EU39 UK6 CN39
- Badgley Mischka Women's Sabine II Pump
- Clarks Women's Media Storm Boot
- Badgley Mischka Women's Signify Platform Sandal
- Men's shoes FEIFEI Winter Warm Sports And Leisure Students Trend Board shoes Running shoes (color 01, Size US9-9.5 EU40 UK7 CN41)
- Adidas arkyn W, Women, Colour, Women, Ftwbla Ftwbla Percen
- Mens Waterproof Safety Boots Brown Steel Toe Cap Work Boots Laced Amblers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Cofra Small Men's Work shoes, Black from Santimon Men's Genuine Leather Classic Ankle Boots Plain toe Dress Boot with Side Zip Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Bar III Womens Daphne Fabric Almond Toe Knee High Fashion Boots to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Phil Betty Mens Booties Non-Slip Round-Toe Comfortable Casual Martin Boots of structured cabling, Sneakers for Men and Women Lightweight Athletic Walking shoes Casual Sneakers Lace-up Running Sports shoes SPT001-W5-41 Mint, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, ZLQ Men's Slip-on shoes Smooth PU Leather Upper Loafers Gentlemen Business Oxfords Breathable shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Bogs Mens Johnny Chukka II Chukka Boot Black Size 11.5As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Sam Edelman Womens Jenna Heeled Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Franco Sarto Womens Layola Pump
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This MUMUWU Men's Driving Loafer Round Toe Flat Heel Solid color Splice Vamp Slip on shoes (color bluee, Size 10 D(M) US) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The GOMNEAR Hiking Boots Men High Top Trekking shoes Outdoor Non Slip Ankle Support Backpacking Climbing Big Size Sneakers runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Men's shoes Spring Fall Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Platform shoes Hair Stylist Nightclub,Personality for Wedding Party & Evening Night Club Stage Comfortable, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Adidas Men's Superstar Fashion Sneaker
- High Rise Hiking shoes,Hiking shoes,Northwest Territory,Breathable, Soft, Comfortable,Northwest Territory development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Men's Formal shoes, Fall Microfiber Leather Business shoes British Loafers & Slip-Ons Sparkling Glitter Wedding Party & Evening YAN (color Black, Size 41)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Adidas Powerlift 3 Weightlifting shoes - SS18of 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Mens Casual shoes Mesh Fall New Breathable Slip-On Sport Walking Running Performance shoes Trainers Comfort Hiking shoes YAN (color White, Size 39) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Sbicca Womens Arioso Ankle BootieI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Sperry Top-Sider Bermuda 3-Eye Sneaker (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by MUMUWU Fashion Sneakers For Men Lace Up Microfiber Leather Round Toe Ankle Athletic Sports shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
UB-ONEMIX Lightweight Outdoor Breathable Mesh Sport Running Walking shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist