If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Nike Men's Ctr360 Libretto Iii Tf allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Nike Women's Zoom Condition Tr Ankle-High Fabric Training shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new HAPPYSHOP(TM Men's Leather Fashion Slip-on Boat shoes colorant Match English Slacker Flat shoes Wine Red at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Nine Seven Women's Patent Leather Pointed Toe High Exquisite Heel Handmade Two Tone Ladies Party Dress Pump shoes
- LingGT Leather Boots Women Flower Print Vintage Flat Zipper shoes (color bluee, Size CA 11)
- Nike Hbr Track Jacket Mens Style 502643
- Geox Womens Vivyanne Mid 1 Croc Embossed Pump, 2 Heel Pump
- ZOCAVIA Mens Sport shoes Summer Breathable Tennis shoes Running Sneakers Green 12 D(M) US
- DIMAOLV Men's shoes Pigskin Summer Comfort Sneakers for Casual Black Red Green,Black,US5.5-6 EU37 UK4.5-5 CN37
- Cole Haan Men's Warren Apron Oxford Oxfords
- HCBYJ Socks shoes Lazy summer men's shoes couple men's socks casual shoes wild shoes comfortable socks shoes
- Reebok Classic GL 6000 Trail Mens Trainers shoes
- Guess Men's Boots Brown Brown
- Desi Hangover Men's Pure Leather Handmade shoes Tycoon Brown
- orange Girls Long shoes Pointed Toe Thigh High Boots Vintage Genuine Leather shoes Women Long Knight Boots
- Bates Men's Enforcer 11 Inch Paratrooper Boot
- Monicas-Dream New Women Pumps Cross-Tied High Heels Platform Wedge Sandals Ladies shoes Woman Summer Sandals
- Pretty Women Cute Seals Pattern Slip on Beach Sandals and Anti-Slip Shower Slipper Comfort Sandals
- Ellie shoes ELLIE 402-LUAU 4 Heel Women's Sandal with Flower, Multi-color, 10 Size
- Womens Pointed Toe High Heel Pumps Slip-On Sequins Pumps Wedding Party Pumps shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Summer Beach Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Red Phoenix Embroidered shoes Flat Ballet Cotton Loafer Women Casual Loafers ( color Red , Size 35 )
- AnMengXinLing Women Over The Knee Boot Comfortable Block High Heel Suede Leather Round Toe Riding Boot Rhinestone Stretchy Thigh High Booties
- Bea-life Women Flat Spring shoes for Woman Genuine Leather Flats Brogues Vintage Loafers
- NCAA Womens Glitter Low Top Canvas shoes
- Women's Sandals Women's Tips Ankle Strap Mid Heel Mary Jane Special Fabric Sandals
- CHENXD shoes, Men's Slip-on Boat shoes Driving Loafers Suede Genuine Leather Penny Moccasins
- 361 Men's 361-Rambler Running shoes Grey
- Leather Men's Sandals, Teenage Sandals, Men's shoes, Young Men's shoes
- Gentle Souls Women's Haddie Low Wedge Lace up Sneaker
- Nike Air Zoom Ultra White Photo bluee Obsidian Men's Tennis shoes
- Dr.Martens Womens Aimelya Brando Leather Boots
- XHD-Men's shoes Men's Simple Business Oxford Casual Personality Fashion Show Off The color Pointed Toe Patent Leather Formal shoes
- ZJ Men's Basketball shoes, Spring Fall, Outdoor Athletic shoes, High-Top Sneakers, Comfort Running shoes, Hiking shoes Casual Walking shoes (color B, Size 47)
- Clr black Pleaser Women's Adore-708vlrs Sandal
- GIY Women's Winter Suede Ankle Boots Non-Slip Warm Fur Lined Snow Boot Casual Lace-Up Short Plush Booties
- Turquoise Glitter Maid of Honor Ivory Wedge Flip Flops 3.5 inch Heel
- AdeeSu Womens Non-Marking Mini-Size Water_Resistant Urethane Sandals SLC03831
- Bostonian Men's Andover Cap-Toe Oxford
- Base London Men's Charlton Boots, Brown
- Josef Seibel Men's Raul 19 Dress Sandal
- AIYOUMEI Women's Pointed Toe Zipper Stilettos Booties Autumn Winter Ankle Boots with Lace and Buckle
- MINIKATA Women's Neoprene Rubber Snow Boots for Ladies Winnter Warm
- WeenFashion Women's Cow Leather Assorted color Buckle Open Toe Kitten-Heels Sandals
- CYBLING Women's Thigh High Stretch Boots Sexy Over The Knee Chunky Block Heel Boots
- Aerosoles Womens Times Square Dress Pump
- Gnarly Tees Women's Knitting shoes High Top
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Lanette Pump, Black, 6.5 B US
- E COUTURE PRO BACK PACK - Black Silver - STD
- Callisto Womens Franklin Wedge Sandal
- Adidas Messi F10 Indoor bluee Red White ( G97725 )
- T-JULY Mature Warm Fur Round Toe Slip On Med Square Heel Platform Mid Calf Snow Boots Buckle Women Girl Fashion shoes Size 34-43
- Nine West Womens Kimmy 40th Anniversary
- PALOMA BARCELO' Woman's Paloma Barceló Lydia Black Leather Wedge Sandal.
- Men's Summer Brown Real Leather Sandals Outdoor Vacation Leisure Beach Surf shoes Pool Party Non-slip Open toe sandal And Slippers (Black Khaki),B-5 UK 38 EU
- Comfortable Black and White Spring and Autumn Bean shoes
- DLBJ Men's Snow Boots Autumn and Winter New Leather Martin Boots Outdoor Non-Slip Warm Casual shoes
- Nike Air Max Ivo Mens Running Trainers Cd1534 Sneakers shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Men's Ankle Boots, Casual Classic Round Top High Top Cotton Warm Outsole Work shoes (Conventional Optional) (color Wark Dark Brown, Size 10.5 D(M) US) from Skechers Lifestyle 65173 Men's Wallen Folt shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a MR-DV Men's Open Toe 3 Buckle Strap Casual Athletic Cork Sandals to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Fheaven Women Belt Buckle Rivet Block High Heel Thick Short Boots shoes Leisure Ankle Boots of structured cabling, Cole Haan Men's Zerogrand Stitchlite Thong Sandal, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Fashion Retro Contrast color Pointed Lace Patent Leather Formal shoes Leather shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Emeril Lagasse Mens Quarter Slip-on Food Service shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting KENDALL + KYLIE Women's Brandy Sneaker (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Baffin Men's Trapper Canadian-Made Winter Boot
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Men’s Sneakers Spring Fall New Knit shoes Heighten Men shoes Fashion Casual Sports shoes Light Soles Student Running shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The XIAFEN Men's Fashion Style Lace-Up Breathable Casual Oxfords shoes for Autumn runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Jack and Jones Classic Black Faux Leather Sneakers that may be of interest to your District including:
- Nautilus Safety Footwear Men's 1804 shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Bernie Mev Women's TW 05
- VANGELO Men's Tuxedo shoes TAB Dress shoes Oxford Wrinke Free Black Patent development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
New Balance Mens Mx40v1 Cross TrainerIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Yan Men's shoes Formal Business shoes Leather Lace-up Pointed Toe Heighten shoes Fashion Spring & Fall Office & Career Dress (color F, Size 40)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Z.L.F Men's Genuine Leather shoes Fashion Classic Slip-on Loafers Breathable Perforation Lined Oxfords shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Adidas Originals Mens Tubular Doom Sock Trainers - Khaki provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
SPLNWTFHCNWPCB Men's Fashion shoes Casual Sports shoes of EnglandI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Stacy Adams Men's Dayton Wing-Tip Oxford (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by blueEYE QYH Ins Popular Oxford shoes for Men Genuine Leather Classic Business Dress Wedding Driving Fashion Loafers Anti-Slip Flat Slip-on Vegan Round Toe, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Gracosy Leather Pumps for Women, Block Heel Pumps Round Toe Slip On Mid Heel Handmade Printing Splicing shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist