If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s MRxcff Summer Women Genuine Leather Sandals Comfortable Leather High Heeled Breathable Sandals Lady shoes Woman allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Women Bridal Wedding High Heel Pumps Peep Toe Stiletto 13Cm Platform Buckle Size, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Rieker Damen Schnuerhalbschuhe red, 961617-41 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- White Prada Women's Leather Flat Sandals shoes
- Be fearless 2019 Spring Women Flats shoes Women Genuine Leather Flats Female Cutout Slip on Ballet Flat Loafers,orange,4.5
- BalaMasa Womens High Heels Thigh High Solid PU Thigh Boots
- FIRST DANCE Fashion Floral Print Martin Ankle Boots for Women Low Heel Lace up Outdoor Walking
- Women's Platform Buckle Sandal - Open Peep Toe Fashion Chunky Ankle Strap shoes
- Zarbrina Womens Wedge Sandals Beach shoes for Ladies Teen Girls Pearls Peep-toeLeisure Flat Roma shoes
- Nike MercurialX Vapor XII Club TF
- Y-H Men's Formal shoes, Microfiber Spring Fall Tide Flow Personality Wedding Night Club Office & Career Party & Evening,grassgreen,44
- MTS Sicherheitsschuhe M City London S3 Flex 19102, Unisex Adults’ Safety shoes
- WeenFashion Women's High-top Zipper Frosted High Heels Round Closed Toe Boots
- T-JULY Womens Pointed Toe Slide Bowknot Sandals Mid Heel Slip on Stiletto Pumps Beach Slippers
- J. Adams Corby Platform Sandal - Low Heel T-Strap Open Toe Flatform Ankle Strap
- SANOMY Pointed Toe Stiletto Booties for Women Fashion Zip Back Pu Leather Ankle Boots, Warm Plush Lining
- Women's shoes Woman Boots Fashion Winter High Heels Knee-high Boot Woman Spike Heels Round Toe shoes
- Aravon Women's Revsolace Flat,Black,7 B US
- XIDISO Men's Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
- Roper Women's Short Stuff Western Boot
- Style & Co Mitzee Women US 8 Red Wedge Sandal
- Sanita 'Puk' Milled Leather Clog Boots (Art 456451)
- SAS Women's Walk Easy Casual shoes
- Calzados Robusta Men's Safety shoes grey Grey Pearl
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Blake Cap Toe Lace Up Oxford
- Wyre Valley Mens Outdoor Boots Trent
- Giasco C7154N-45 Spider O1P FO Safety shoes with Composite Midsole - Black bluee, Size 11
- Silver Comfortable and beautiful ladies sandals Sandals Rubber Sole Summer Female Fashion Open ToeSilver White High Heels
- PilotageAuto Winter Home Sneakers Down-Cotton Casual Indoor shoes Pantufa Soft Plush Warm Slipper
- Women Boot,Women Leopard Print shoes Waterproof Boot Winter Over-The-Knee Boots
- Womens Wedge Sneakers Mesh Breathable Casual Soft Sole Lace Up Low Top Sport Running Fitness Walking shoes
- AN Womens Assorted colors Fur Collar Urethane Boots DKU02050
- New Balance Men's 442 Pro V1 Classic Soccer shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Beautiful Boho Dreamcatcher Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- U-lite Women's Dragonfly Decoration Low Heel Comfy Slip-on Loafers
- bluee-shore Women Thin Heel Sandals Women Mixed color Buckle Sandalias Pointed Toe High Heels Ladies
- GIY Women's Fashion Slip-On Block Heel Sandals Open Toe Backless Ankle Strap Low Heel Dress shoes
- White Criss Cross Platform High Heel Sandal
- T-JULY Summer New Brand Mules shoes Chunky High Heels shoes Woman Buckle Slip-on Woman Pumps Plus Size
- Adidas Tubular NOVA PK - BB8406 - Size 8.5
- Nike Dunk High Mens Basketball shoes 317982-126
- Genuine Leather Outdoor Boots for Men Casual Durable Non Slip Breathable Boots (color Khaki, Size CA 9)
- Dr. Martens Unisex Linnet SD Non-Metallic Steel Toe 4-Eye shoes
- Men's Mountain Bike MTB Spin Cycling shoes with Buckle Compatible Road Bike
- MOA Women's MCGLCAK000005046E White Leather Sneakers
- Lace Up Style OX Leather Anti-collision Toe Hook&Loop Strap Sandals For Men Fashion Slipper shoes Cricket shoes (color Khaki, Size 9 UK)
- Adidas 2018-2019 Olympique Lyon Home Football Shirt
- Puma Mercedes AMG Petronas Drift Cat 7S Ultra Men's Trainers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This HAPPYSHOP(TM Men's Suede Leather Tie Mens Slip On Comfort Loafer Moc Moccasin EUR Size 38-45 Black from KEEN Womens Hush Lea CNX Clog was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Dig dog bone Men's Ankle Boots Canvas Vamp Casual High Top Comfortable Simple Fleece Lined W to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Alfani Mens Jason Leather Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots of structured cabling, Puma X Stampd Trinomic Woven Mens White Textile Athletic Running shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, H By Hudson Women's Apisi Boot Tan, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
PUMA Mens Sneakers Tsugi Netfit Training shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting XINBONG Men's Dress shoes Lace Up Increase Within Casual Business Oxfords (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- MUMUWU Walking shoes For Men Casual Leather Upper Comfortable Sneakers Low Top Anti-Slip Round Toe Lace Up
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Avec Les Filles Womens BAHA Flat Sandal illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Demon&Hunter WA-OI Series Men's Fashion Sneaker C402539 No.III runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Mountain Warehouse Aspect Mens IsoGrip Boots -Waterproof Hiking shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- ASICS Women's Gel-Nimbus 18 Running shoes
- GTVERNH-The New Female Spring The Snakeskin Light And Thin With Single shoes Wedding shoes Wild Tip 9Cm High-Heel shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Ollio Womens shoes Slip On Ethnic Floral Tribal Sneaker Canvas Flats VINCE01 (6 B(M) US, Black)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the TD S8815 Men Leisure Sand Drag Outdoor Manual Sandals Breathable Wild Trend Men's shoes (color White, Size EU42 UK8.5 CN43)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Phil Betty Mens Oxford shoes Lace Up Internal Increase Breathable Business Formal shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from ASICS Men's Aaron Gymnastics shoes bluee provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Lacoste Men's Avance 119 2 SMA Trainers, BlackI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its CLEECLI Women's Ballroom Dance shoes Latin Salsa Dance shoes T-Strap Sandals ZB01 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by CJC shoes Men's Footwear Casual Leather Loafers Business Flat Driving Uniform Wedding Walking Office Moccasins Breathable (color T2, Size EU40 UK7), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Original Swat S118201 Classic Series Dress Oxford BlackDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist