If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Pointy Toe Cover Foot Patent Leather Rivet for Formal shoes Leather shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Z.L.F Oxfords for Men Round Toe Loafers Stylish Suede Splice Patent Leather Formal Slip-On Dress shoes Durable Abrasion Resistant, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Men's shoes, Mesh Lightweight Slip On Mesh Sneakers Fitness & Cross Training shoes, Outdoor Athletic Running shoes Casual Sport shoes Black YAN (color Black, Size 37) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Women's Peep Toe Heeled Sandals Slingback Stiletto Heel Ladies Suede Beige Wedding Party Prom Pumps Bridal shoes
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Women's Supernova Trail Sneakers
- Summer Men's Fashion Trend Casual shoes Men's Slippers Breathable Versatile Comfortable Men's shoes
- Bostonian Kompass Route Mens Leather Oxfords shoes
- Lazy shoes Lightweight Driving shoes Casual shoes Leather Men's Peas shoes (color bluee, Size 43)
- HUAN Men's shoes Leather Loafers & Slip-ONS Comfort Oxfords for Casual Office & Career Party & Evening
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens Stun-ning View Slip-On Loafer
- AADDIN Leather shoes Men Leather Dress shoes Pointed Toe Business shoes Male Leather shoes Men Flat Lace-Up
- RENMEN Spring summer casual shoes men's shoes breathable flying woven shoes student tide shoes sports shoes 39-43, black
- Puma Men's Evopower Vigor 1l Graphic Fg Football Boots
- Rockport Men's Classic Loafer Penny Cognac
- - Hot Chocolate Design Chocolaticas Lady Poker Women's Mary Jane Flat
- Portable 10L Liter Car Heating and Cooling Box Hot and Cold Car Refrigerator Car Mini Refrigerator Family Car Small Refrigerator
- Zombie Jessica Low Heels Sandals Women Ankle Strap Summer shoes Female Plus Size Heels Women shoes Casual Sandals
- Showudesigns Sport Running shoes Women Outdoor Walking Sneakers Fashion Design
- Jedi fight back Womens 7 Flashing color LED shoes USB Rechargeable Light Sneakers
- August Jim Womens Flats shoes,Vintage Style Shallow Slip on Office Lady Casual Single shoes
- Edv0d2v266 Men Women Slip On Waterproof Outdoor Anti-Slip Fur Lined Ankle Snow Boots
- WeiPoot Womens Closed Round Toe High Heels PU Imitated Suede Solid Boots with Bowknot
- Women's Fashion Heeled Sandals Ladies Sexy Straps Mesh Dress shoes Peep Toe Crude Heel
- RHFDVGDS increased in the winter snow boots thick real rabbit fur boots Scrubs platform high heel Lady boots
- AllhqFashion Women's Open-Toe Buckle Frosted Solid Low-Heels Sandals, FBULD015196
- T-JULY Women Flats Mesh Breathable Platform Wedge Heels shoes Autumn Casual shoes
- Pleaser Womens Ado1008sq G Gch Boot
- Imagine Vince Camuto Womens Dashal Heeled Sandal
- Steve Madden Mens Noland Chukka Boot
- Rieker Women's M3706 Low-Top Sneakers
- ECCO shoes Womens Soft 7 Woven Slip On Fashion Sneakers
- Tony Lama Womens Francita 12 Height (TC1002L) Foot Choco Saigets Worn Goat Brown Cowboy Leather Boot Made in USA
- Yiwu shoes Men Sports shoes Casual shoes Student Invisible High-heel Plate shoes Men's shoes Trainer Men's shoes (color Black, Size EU41 UK7.5-8 CN42)
- XUE Men's shoes Spring Summer，Running shoes，Low-Top Sneakers，Casual Walking shoes，Hiking shoes，Breathable Fitness shoes，Lace Up，Academy (color A, Size 39)
- Light bluee Women Sexy Stiletto Denim Over The Knee High Boots Zipper High Boots Women Peep Toe Pumps
- Franco Sarto Womens Amoretta Dress Pump
- KemeKiss Women Fashion High Hidden Heel Pull On Knit Boots shoes
- Hanglin Trade Women's Heeled Sandals Ankle Strap Dress Sandals Stilettos Open Toe High Heel for Wedding Party Evening shoes
- FuweiEncore 2018 New Leather shoes, Fashion Business Formal Dress shoes, Casual Pointed Toe, Trend Set shoes, (color Red, Size 42) (color Red, Size 44)
- Ferrini Mens Maverick Square Toe Boots
- Navy MARTINELLI Men's's Ocean 412-2114xyp Moccasins Navy
- Step n Style Punjabi Jutti Khussa shoes Flat Traditional shoes Bridal shoes Mojari Black
- Jean Sche Sweat Women's Pull On Frosted Round Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos Solid Pumps-shoes
- Skechers Womens Keepsakes High - Quilted Clog Clog
- WANGZHAO Women's Bag Satchel, Shoulder Bag, Chain Badge
- Women's Fashion shoes Winter New European Belt Buckle Ladies Boots Mid-Heeled shoes Rider Boots Wedding Casual Party & Evening (color Black, Size 43)
- Irregular Choice Womens Little Peaches Mint Green Pink Glitter shoes Size
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Square Toe Low Chunky Heel Cute Handmade Concise Buckle Ankle Strap Women Dress Pumps with Crystal
- gold Cloud Women Lady Girl Many Rhinestones Flip Flops Wedge Platform Sandals Thongs Casual
- Nine West Women's Haldi Suede
- ASICS Women's Gel-Flux 3 Running shoes
- CINAK Military Combat Boots for Women- Winter Autumn Comfort Outdoor Waterproof Zipper Martin Booties Mid-Calf Motorcycle shoes
- Rieker Women's Felicitas 71 Bootie
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Woman's Sneaker Ultraboost T Nera
- Skechers Men Haniger-Casspi Low-Top Trainers
- Paolo Vandini Chuck Chelsea Boot Navy
- ZHRUI Mens Slip on Chelsea Boots Soft Sole Non Slip Breathable Fashion Ankle Boots (color Black, Size UK 7)
- GAIQIN Casual shoes Lace-up Tide shoes, Wild Running shoes, Students, Trend, Casual Sports shoes (color White, Size 42)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Converse Men's Star Street ll 148808C from Adidas Performance Kids' X Tango 17.3 in J was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nike Genio Leather TF Turf Soccer Cleats (Soar bluee) to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust MUMUWU Casual Driving Loafer for Men Fashion Oxfords with Metal Buckle Flat Dress shoes PU Leather Lightweight (color White, Size 9 D(M) US) of structured cabling, XIANGBAO-Personality Drive Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style OX Leather Metaldecor Convenience Half Dragged, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Alfani Mens Luxton Leather Buckle Dress Oxfords, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Static Footwear Travis 05 Women Military Lace Up Thigh High Combat BootAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Z.L.F shoes Men's Oxfords Flat Heel Solid color Lace Up PU Leather Formal Modern shoes Leather shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Reebok Classic GL 6000 HM Mens Sneakers shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This So8ooa Lady Boots Women's Retro Leather Flat shoes Round Toe Lace-up Long Tube Knight Martin Boots Fashion Leisure Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality for Womens illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Kyle Walsh Pa Mens Hiking Casual Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Slip On Sport shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide GALAX Mens Suede Desert Ankle Red Grey Brown bluee Boots shoes Smart Casual Leather Laced that may be of interest to your District including:
- Men's Vionic, Tide flip flop Sandals, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- ASICS Mens Matflex 5-M Wrestling shoes
- Snow Boots Waterproof Non-slip fur Lining is Very Warm Men Women Classic Outdoor shoes 4 colors Optional development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Station Men's flip Flops Men shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the KMJBS-Breathable Sports shoes Half Palm Men's shoes Mesh Large Running Shock Absorptionof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Superb Zone Women shoes Motorcycle Boots New Lace Up Proof Platform Thick Heel Boots Women,Black,6.5 describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Bearpaw Women's Camila Fashion Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Adidas Men's Originals Superstar Boost shoes (10.5 D(M) US)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Men Light Running shoes 2017 Autumn Winter Athletic shoes Outdoor Fitness shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by ECCO Womens Trace Lite Boot Boots, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Feifei Men's shoes Winter Outdoor Thickening Keep Warm Cotton shoes 3 colors (color 01, Size EU43 UK9 CN44)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist