If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s ZLQ Men's Business shoes Smooth Splice Matte PU Leather Lace Up Breathable Lined Oxfords Breathable shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Thick Fringed Character Sets Foot Patent Leather Formal shoes Leather shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford British Pointy Slip-Proof Thick Base Solid color Brogue shoes Leather shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Sammitop Women's Pointed Toe Genuine Leather High Heels Pumps Horsehair Leopard Dress shoes US7
- Sperry Top-Sider Women's A O 2 Eye orange Sparkle Suede Cognac Boat shoes 11 M (B)
- Saucony Women's Grid Cohesion 10 Running shoes
- Circus by Sam Edelman Womens Sarah Heeled Sandal
- Amblers Safety Mens Mens Fs40c Safety Sneakers Black Microfibre
- A1 FASHION GOODS Womens Real Black Leather Bag Multi Zip Top Designer Dress Shoulder Handbag A288
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Men's Crisis Agreened Boot
- Danner Men's Acadia 8 200G Boot
- KALENDS Ladies Genuine Leather Plus Size Low Heel Work shoes
- DSFGHE Men Boots Chelsea Black Leather Boot Autumn Breathable Martin Boots Jobs Fighting Snow Boots
- Casual shoes for Men Athletic Sports Sneaker Lace up Genuine Leather Walking Running shoes Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 9.5 UK)
- Men's Fashion Retro Martin Boots Snow Boots Warm Lining Business Casual Dress Derby shoes
- Leopard Combo Aerosoles Women's Final Exam Wedge
- Sandals Female 2019 Summer New Thick with Pointed French Girls high Heels Korean Version of The Word Buckle Fairy shoes,A,US5.5 EU36 UK3.5 CN35
- STONEFLY 107670 bluee shoes mid boots man leather laces
- FANIMILA Women Fashion Platform Winter Boots with Height Increasing
- 2019 New Spring Women Pumps High Square Heel Pointed Toe Embroider Fashion Sexy Ladies Women shoes
- AN Womens Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Tassels Imitated Suede Boots DKU02157
- INC International Concepts Womens Yaffa Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals
- WENNEW Fashion Women's Sandals Summer Prosperous Women's shoes Platform shoes
- Ladies Summer Stiletto Heels, Fish Mouth Sandals Roman shoes Rhinestone Nightclubs Comfortable and Wearable Sexy 4.5
- Dance Class Women's GB601W Spandex Gore Jazz shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Buckle Closed-Toe High-Heels Pu Solid Sandals, AMGLX010221
- Premier Standard - Women's Platform Ankle Strap High Heel - Open Toe Sandal Pump - Formal Party Chunky Dress Heel
- Women's Commuter High Heel Waterproof Platform Thick with Round Head Pumps Office Ladies Clothing Simple(Heel Height 11-13cm)
- Vince Camuto Womens Fauna Dress Sandal
- Pleaser Women's Adore-3000 W M Boot
- AlmaDanza Women's Practice Dance shoes A264304 Brown
- Cycleur de Luxe Mens Bilbao
- Mephisto Women's Lison Lacer Sneakers
- bluee Adidas Stellasport Yvori Stella McCartney Womens Fitness Sneakers shoes
- Shiney Women's Boots Heeled Suede Pointed Toe Nubuck Leather Boots Chunky Heel Autumn Winter
- AADDIN Leather shoes Men'S Black Dress shoes Leather shoes Business shoes Wedding shoes
- Men's Sport Sneakers Fashion Comfortable Running Sneakers PU Leather Breathable Lightweight Platform Sport shoes Lace-up Anti-Slip Cricket shoes
- Oudan Men's shoes Smooth Leather Upper Zipper Mid Calf Combat Boots for Men (color Black, Size 45 EU) (color Black, Size 40 EU)
- Reebok Crossfit Speed Training shoes Mens bluee Yel Gym Fitness Trainers Sneaker
- ECCO Men's Jack Perforated Slip on Fashion Sneaker
- KingRover Women's Trendy Rhinestones Mask Shape Decorations Pointed Toe High Block Heel Ankle Strap Pumps
- Aslipper Womens and Mens Summer Outdoor Water shoes Aqua Socks for Beach Swim Surf Yoga Exercise (XXS(US Little Kid 12-13), Ocean bluee6)
- AN Womens Toggle Smooth Leather Non-Marking Urethane Sandals DIU00811
- 1TO9 Womens Charms Solid Nubuck Urethane Boots MNS03141
- Keds Womens Kickstart Diamond Mesh Sneaker
- SENERY Women Winter Ankle Boots Fashion Zipper Pantent Leather Comfortable Low Heel Round Toe Autumn Booties
- Hoxekle Women Snow Boot Flat Warm Plush Fur Round Toe Platform shoes Black Beige Concise Clasic Female Outdoor Footwear
- Freewaters Womens Sky Trainer Knit Sneaker
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This COSDN Men's Fashion High-Top Non-Slip Basketball shoes Sports Athletic Running Walking colorful Sneakers(US：6.5～11 from WeiPoot Women's Solid Closed-Toe Boots with Zippers and Thread was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nike TIEMPO GENIO LEATHER FG MENS SOCCER Volt Hyper Punch Black Volt US sz. 6 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust PUMA Mens Nrgy Neko Knit Sneaker of structured cabling, Mens Sandals, Leather Outdoors Sandals shoes Beach shoes Walking shoes,Soft Sole Comfort Driving shoes Hollow-Out shoes,Black,38, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Gola Women’s Bullet Mirror Trainers Black gold, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
HUL Men's shoes shoes Outdoor Sports shoes Male Casual Wild Heighten Running shoes Non-Slip Breathable CasualAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting GFP 2018 Spring Fall New Leather shoes, Men's British Business Casual shoes, Flat shoes,Walking Driving shoes, Men's Fashion shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Sam Carle Men's Oxfords Summer Anti-Slip Comfortable Black Brown Driving Peas shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This CFPPX Outdoor Military Boots Tactical Boots Non-Slip Hiking shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Lace Up Style Microfiber Leather Round Toe Low Top British Style Oxford shoes for Men Formal shoes (color Black, Size 8.5 M US) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide XUJW-Sandals, Men's Summer Casual Thong Flip Flops shoes Genuine Leather Beach Slippers Non-Slip Handwork Soft Flat Sandals that may be of interest to your District including:
- HUAN Men's shoes Microfiber Spring Fall Formal shoes Comfort Oxfords Lace-up for Casual Office & Career Black Khaki, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- 3G Mens Cruze Bowling shoes- Black Red
- SoftMoc B&B Men's Siraj Slip On Dress shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Daya by Zendaya Womens Salem Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap SandalsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Men's shoes Knit Spring Fall Outdoor High-Top Lace-up Sneakers Hiking shoes Comfort Light Soles Athletic shoes Light Soles Running shoes Breathable Fitness shoes Personality (color C, Size 41)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools TFO Men's Air Cushion Outdoor Sports Non-Slip Hiking shoes Athletic Running Climbing Trekking Sneakers describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Summer Spring Breathable Genuine Leather Flats Loafers Men Casual shoes Slip On Driving shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Star Wars Imperial Symbol Black Stainless Steel 8.25 Men's Link BraceletI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Yan Men's Casual shoes Loafers Slip On shoes Boys Leather Driving shoes for Wedding Casual Party & Evening (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Geox Men's U AYLER C Sandals, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Propet Men's TravelFit Strap Walking shoes, Grey, 9.5 3E USDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist