If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Easy Spirit Women's Loungin 2 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Whitnie Flat Sandal, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new XINBONG Men's Casual shoes Fashion Comfortable Oxford shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Charismatic-Vibrators Women Sandals Casual Women shoes Kid Suede Fashion All Match Pink Square Heel Summer Sandals
- Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Pointed Toe Flat Chunky Heel Handmade Glossy and Comfortable Pumps
- Volcom Men's Fathom Synthetic Leather Flip Flop Sandal
- Joules Women's Molly Welly Rain Boot
- New Balance Women's 410 Lifestyle Fashion Sneaker Black
- Ecco Women's Soft 8 Slip On Trainers
- EUDNLMEIM Leather Sheepskin Pointed Sandals,Stiletto Heels,Baotou, Candy-colord Sandals-Red Foot Length=24.3CM(9.6Inch)
- TWIN-SET Women's MCBI29868 Grey Leather Flats
- Shuperb Jersey Mens Faux Leather Loafer shoes Brown
- GLSHI Men's Fashion Leather Formal shoes Mesh Breathable Lace-up shoes Dress shoes Formal Business Work
- Reebok Men's Jj Ii Low Cross Trainer
- shoes Autumn and Winter Retro Black Matte Martin Boots, Leather Couple Leather Boots
- Black Elsa Wilcox Women Flat Low Heel Patent Leather Platform Slip On Comfort Dress Oxford shoes Classic Penny Loafers
- Sandals Slippers Pointed Toe Half Slippers Female Mules Loafers shoes Square Heel S24
- Nike Men's 844397-018 Football Boots
- Easy Street Women's Sportster Clog
- WBeauty Men Casual shoes Breathable Light Flats shoes,Black,12
- AmoonyFashion Women's Closed Toe Pointed Toe High Heel PU Frosted Solid Sandals, Red, 7.5 B(M) US
- Casual Sneakers for Womens Quick-Drying Run shoes
- Summer Sandals Women shoes Cross-Tied Block High Heels shoes Sexy Buckle Open Toe Party Sandals,Pink,5
- FINDYOU Fashion Bling Women Pumps shoes Pointed Toe Sexy High Heels T-Strap Nightclub Thin Heels Female shoes
- Btrada Women's Ankle Boots Thick Plush Female Lace Up Casual Boot Winter Vintage Warm Ladies Snow shoes
- Wild Diva GA84 Women Velvet Pointy Toe Ballet Flat
- Women's Mesh Sneakers,Comfort Damping Trainers shoes,Light Breathable High-top Hip-hop Sports Boots,Spring Summer Autumn Fall Winter Camping Walking Park (color A, Size 36)
- UB-ONEMIX Mens Lightweight Air Running shoes Breathable Gym Outdoor Unique Walking Sneakers
- Lady Boots Women Square Heel shoes Martain Boot Leather Slip On Round Toe shoes Solid color Wild Tight Casual Quality Super Elegant Leisure for Womens
- HAPPYSHOP(TM Men's Cow Leather Pointed Toe Business shoes Moccasin Loafers Comfort Lace-up Penny Black
- Leather Men's shoes Set Foot shoes Men's Peas shoes Casual shoes (color Yellow, Size 41)
- LESSMORE Men's Leather Classic Chukka Boots Lace up Black
- G. DI G. Women's MCGLCAT000005179E Black Suede Heels
- Black Nbpu Cambridge Select Women's Oversized Buckle Slingback Platform Mid Wedge Sandal
- Bejoin 2019 Leather Summer shoes Solid color Ankle Strap Buckle Black White Women Sandals
- Men's shoes Summer Breathable Old shoes Leisure Motion Flying Weaving Coconut shoes Student Large Size Wear Resistant Outdoor Running shoes
- Ailj Canvas shoes, Male Summer Single shoes Canvas Upper High-top Men's shoes Casual shoes Couple shoes (White)
- Y-H Men's Formal shoes, Spring Fall New Leather Retro Martins Boots, Unisex High-top Large Size Tooling Boots Slip-Ons Desert Combat Boots (color Yellow, Size 40)
- Easy Go Shopping Outdoor Running Sneakers for Men Genuine Leather Confortable Breathable Athletic shoes Anti-slip Round Toe Elastic Cord Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 6 UK)
- Warm Black BND-SHOES ,Men's Fashion Ankle Boots Casual British Style Simple Anti-slip Outsole Lacing Boots(Warm Velvet Optional) Durable,Stand Wear and Tear (color Warm Black, Size 5 UK)
- CarziCuzin Women Sparkly Kitten Heels Pumps
- La Auténtica K100R - Desert Boot Italian tip Coloured Ribbon, Unisex Adult, Navy bluee - red
- Beslip Women's Cute Memory Foam Slippers Non - Slip Indoor Slipper Winter Warm Cozy Clog House Slippers
- WeenFashion Women's Low Heels Frosted Low-top Solid Pull-on Snow-Boots
- AdeeSu Womens Unique Platform Pointed-Toe No-Closure Suede Pumps shoes
- BoShi Women's Pearls Bridal Heels Platform Bridesmaid Party Pumps
- Pleaser Womens Dre412 Bnb Dress Sandal
- Women Embroidery Ankle Boots 6Cm Chunkly Heel Zipper colormatch Dress shoes Court shoes EU Size 35-40,Black,40EU
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Xujw-shoes 2019 Mens Boots Men's Casual Hidden Heel High Top Fashion Ankle Boot Lace Up Leisure Boot from COSDN Men's Stylish High-Top Performance Non-Slip Basketball shoes Sports Running Tennis Walking Sneakers(US 6.5～12 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a WeiPoot Women's Solid Closed-Toe Boots with Zippers and Thread to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Cambridge Select Women's Round Toe Mary Jane Strap Wrapped Wedge of structured cabling, Northside Men's Renegade 400 Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Men's Sandals Sports Baotou Outdoor Sandals Men Closed Toe Summer Sports Casual Leather Beach shoes Hiking Outdoor Anti Collision Korean Wild Casual Sandals (color A, Size 38), and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
ECCO shoes Womens Shape 45 Pointy PumpsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Men Hiking Sandals,Outdoors Closed Toe Hook Loop Mesh & PU Upper Adjustable Heel Strap Sandals,Walking shoes Summer Beach shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Solid color Fashionable Metal Button Soft Light Patent Leather Formal shoes Leather shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Adidas D Howard 5 Mens Basketball Sneakers shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The 2019 Men Slippers Men's Closed Toes Slippers Genuine Leather Rivets Closure Tightly shoes Summer Beach Sandals (color Yellow, Size 11 D(M) US) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- R & B R-303 Men's Rain Boots Black Rubber Waterproof Knee Slip-Resistant Snow Work shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Black Knight Reactor Indoor Court shoes
- Chelsea Boots Men Suede Casual Dress Boots Ankle Boots Formal shoes by Santimon Black Brown Grey development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Polo Ralph Lauren Mens Faxon Low Fashion SneakerIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Men's Athletic shoes Knit Lightweight Walking shoes Comfort Running shoes Outdoor Hiking shoes Lace-up shoes Low-Top Sneakers Light Soles Breathable EVA (color A, Size 41)of 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from MUMUWU Men's Lace Up Casual Fashion Ankle Boots Black provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Yan Men's shoes Leather Comfort Loafers & Slip-ONS Walking shoes 2018 Spring Fall Driving shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Goodtimeshow Leather Waterproof High-top Outdoor Mountaineering Men shoes Sports Skid-Proof Cross-Country shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Men's shoes Winter Plus Velvet Thickening Keep Warm Leather shoes High Help Lace-Up Formal shoes,A,46, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Mizuno Women's Wave Lightning Z4 Volleyball shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist