If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Men's Genuine Leather Moccasins Slip on Suede Insole Loafer (color Light Brown Breathable Style, Size 9 D(M) US) allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop shoes Dryer Timing Telescopic Deodorizing Germicidal Uv Dryer (Black),Mechanicalstandardozone, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Men’s shoes, Breathable Non Slip Sneakers, High-top Shockproof Basketball shoes, Academy Running shoes, Outdoor Hiking shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - JOSHUA SANDERS Women's 10699HYDRODIANA Pink Leather Sneakers
- OIPVBDSEXZ Yellow red camo Camouflage Women Casual Sneakers Canvas shoes Breathable Sports shoes
- Ina Fers.Slide Sandals For Women colorful Ice Cream And Dots Indoor Bath Slipper Anti-Slip House Sandal
- Betsey Johnson bluee by Women's SB-Lucy Dress Sandal
- AllhqFashion Women's Buckle Kitten Heels Patent Leather Solid Open Toe Sandals
- Maison Jules Womens Tassel Ties Peplum Blouse
- T-JULY Spring Autumn Wedges Black White Platform Sneakers Women Vulcanize shoes Tenis Feminino Casual Female shoes Women
- Dailyshoes Women's Warm Snow Booties Up Ankle High Cashmere Collar Duck Padded Mud Rubber Rain Boots
- CAI&HONG-CAI GHH Snow boots winter men's boots warm plus velvet
- Skechers Men's Flex Advantage 2.0 Gurn Trainer,Black White, 9.5 D(M) US
- Jessica Simpson Women's Tanysha Pump Black
- WENJUN Shallow Mouth Pointed shoes High Heels Fine with Social shoes Female Temperament Small Sexy Fashion Wild Single shoes Professional shoes (color Zebra, Size 37)
- Hoxekle Women Over The Knee Boot Thin High Heel Pointed Toe Leather Black Fashion Winter Sexy Casual Outdoor shoes
- [email protected] High-Heeled Fish-mouthed Women's shoes Silk tie Waterproof Sandals Wedding Party shoes Party Prom Dress shoes
- MEIZOKEN Women's Open Toe Chunky Heel Sandal Ankle Cross Strappy Fringe Pump Party Wedding Sandals
- Betsey Johnson Womens SB-Jilly Heeled Sandal
- Donald J Pliner Women's CORIN2 Pump
- Ipanema - Anat Temas VIII - 825209127
- Men's Pikolinos, Tarifa Slide Sandal CUERO 4.6 M
- Sports shoes Fly Woven lace Casual shoes Breathable Sports Fitness Running shoes-green-37
- Pink DATAIYANG Sexy Pointed Shallow Mouth High Heels Nightclub was Thin Temperament Single shoes
- Men's air cushion sports shoes casual running shoes student training shoes (color Black, Size 43EU)
- WZG New increase in winter shoes men 's suits business shoes lace work shoes , brown , 42
- Mens cycling shoes biking cleated trainers lightweight Road cycling shoes cycling shoes bicycle self-locking shoes
- OLUKAI Men's Nohea Mesh Slip On Casaul shoes Dk Shadow 11 M US
- GIY Rhinestone Strappy Flip Flops for Women Sparkly Summer Beach Thong Comfort Flat Sandals Purple
- Sanuk Womens Yoga Salty Metallic Flip-Flop
- Step n Style Womens Magenta color Khussa shoes Juttis Flat Flipflop Hipi Indian Juti
- Aerusi Women's Coral Jones Floppy Straw Hat and Foam Sandals Bundle Set Flip-Flop
- Wuixkas Puppy Dog Background Womens Lightweight Mesh Sneakers Cute Basketball shoes
- Skechers Womens Go Walk Lite - 15393 Ballet Flat
- Kenavinca Womens New Sexy Knee High Boots Round Toe Flock shoes Slip On Square High Heels Motorcycle Long Boots
- Sigerson Morrison Women's Seley Mid Heel Sandal, Black
- Not Rated Womens Geronimo Ankle Bootie
- Skechers Pouring Womens Rain Boots
- Jordan Air 1 Mid - US 11
- PUMA Women’s Basket Heart Patent WN's Low-Top Sneakers
- Lucky Women's LK-Pembe Knee High Boot
- Feather High Boots, Waterproof Platform High Heel Stiletto Martin Boots Round Head Knee Boots Side Zipper Anti-Skid Elastic Boots Boots Women's shoes
- VISCATA Handmade in Spain Estreta 3 Clog, Soft Canvas, Slip-on, Closed Toe, Espadrilles Heel
- Sandals Sandals Summer Leather High Heel Sandals with A Flower Stiletto Open Toe Rhinestone Sandals Dating shoes, High Heels 8.5cm (color gold, Size 37)
- CHENDX shoes, Men's Fashion Style Carving Low-top Business Oxford Casual Patent Leather Brogue shoes (color Black, Size 8 UK)
- Salamander Men's's Dino Closed Toe Sandals
- INMONARCH Mens Bisque Wedding shoes Bollywood MJ014195
- Adidas Performance Men's Speed 2 Wide Cross-Trainer shoes
- 5.11 Men's XPRT 2.0 Desert Tactical Boot-M
- Low Top-Yellow WateLves Mens Womens Snow Boots Winter Anti-Slip Ankle Booties Outdoor Slippers Slip On with Warm Fully Fur Lined
- JQfashion Women's High-Heeled Sandals Mules shoes Transparent Sexy Outdoor Fashion Slippers Pointed Stiletto
- Uirend Professional Nurse shoes Women - Ladies Soft Leather Platform Casual Work shoes Moccasin Loafers Flats Comfortable
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Flats shoes Slip-on Pointed Toe Ladies Classic Office Working Moccasins
- Easy Street Womens Brilliant Heeled Dress Sandal with Back Zipper Pump
- Summer shoes Women Flats shoes Buckle Open Toe Leisure Sandals Sweet Outdoor shoes,Pink,4
- AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Solid Hook-and-Loop Soft Material Peep-Toe Sandals
- SUSIMODA Loafers-shoes Womens Leather Black
- T-JULY Sandals for Women Peep Toe High Heel Chunky Buckle Slingbacks Sexy Party Ladies shoes for Summer
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Whitnie Flat Sandal from Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Casual Simple British Style Formal shoes Leather shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Z.L.F shoes Men's Oxfords Flat Heel Pointed Toe Lace up Brogue Pattern Business shoes Leather shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Dig dog bone Men's Business Boots Casual Classic British Style High Top Pointed Toe Back Zip of structured cabling, Z.L.F Men's Lace Up shoes Hollow Carving PU Leather Upper Business Rubber Sole Oxfords, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Pearl Izumi Women's W EM Road M 2 SL PG Running shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Gola Women's Harrier 50 Leather White Pastel Pnk TrainersAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting JiYe Driving shoes Mens Casual Fashion Breathable Oxfords shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Eclimb Men's Lace- Up Steel Toe Industrial and Construction Work shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Steve Madden Men's Gionni Oxford illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The SALOMON Women's Hime High Snow Boot runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Rasolli Women's Professional Closed Back Clogs that may be of interest to your District including:
- Mens Hiking Boots Outdoor Trekking Backpacking Boot Mid Hiker Boot Work Boots Waterproof Leather Winter Outdoor Snow shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Men's Cgoldnado Acapulco ( 31138) color Black Men's Ankle Boots Square Toe
- MUMUWU Men's Driving Loafer Round Toe Flat Heel Solid color Splice Vamp Slip on shoes (color bluee, Size 10 D(M) US) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
R & B R-303 Men's Rain Boots Black Rubber Waterproof Knee Slip-Resistant Snow Work shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Sam Carle Men's Formal Oxfords Soft Leather Slip-on Classic Black Dress shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Hiking shoes Men Military Tactical Combat Hunting Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Badgley Mischka Womens Tasha Heeled Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Breathable Driving shoes Comfort shoes Sport Running shoes Increase Mountaineering Camping Trekking Travel Climbing (color B, Size 39)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its GAOLIM Summer Comfort Women shoes Shallow Mouth Single shoes Pro Tip Thin Black High-Heel shoes Women To Work. (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by New Balance Men's Leadville MT1210V2 Trail shoes bluee Yellow, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Bettie Page 4 inch Closed Toed HeelDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist