If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Papillio Womens Arizona Platform Birko-Flor Sandals allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop ISOTONER Women's Microsuede Cool Memory Foam Hoodback Slipper, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Z.L.F Men's Formal Business shoes Fashion Matte PU Leather Upper Lace Up Breathable Lined Oxfords shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Charcoal Aquatalia Womens Layla Metallic Calf Motorcycle Boot
- ANDTUN-sandal Men Cow Leather Sandals Outdoor Handmade Breathable Casual shoes
- Nafanio Plush Zombie Winter Slippers Warm Funny Home shoes Cartoon Memory Foam Unisex Bedroom Boots
- Aerusi SEP111041 Men or Women's Adult Teddy Bear Slippers, Pink, 9-10
- Pelle Moda Women's Yago Platform Pump
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women Alaska Flag
- Bella Marie Women's Rhinestone Criss Cross Strap Platform Wedge Sandal
- Sexy Buckle Ankle Strap Summer Women Sandals Open Toe High Heels Party shoes Classic Black Platform Sandals
- Longbao 2019 Fashion Women s Genuine Leather Women Slippers Shallow Sandals Woman Party Casual shoes
- Puma Men's Bolt Evospeed Sprint Ltd Track shoes
- CYBLING Women's Lace-up Flat Oxfords Vintage Plaid Slip On PU Leather Oxford shoes
- Clarks Women's Lucette Holly Waterproof Boot
- Sparrow White Pearl bluee Rhinestone Bridal Wedding shoes Elegant Women High Heels Mother of The Bride shoes
- Skechers Women's GO Step - Marina-BKW Boat shoes
- Hugo Boss BOSS Men's Solar Slide by Boss Green
- SO Brand New Women Classic Tall Boot Tan 2341 Original
- [Thin Cotton Optional] New Casual shoes Men's shoes Winter shoes Plus Velvet Warm Cotton shoes Outdoor Men's Snow Boots (color Black, Size 40)
- CUSHY DR.BRINKMANN Damen Halbschuhe, Stiefel, brown, 990813-2
- Servus 22148-13 By Honeywell Size 13 Neoprene III Copper Tan 12 Neoprene Boots With Neo-Grip Outsole, Steel Toe And Breathe-O-Prene Removable Insole (1 PR)
- Z.L.F Men's Formal shoes Burnished Smooth Abstract Painting PU Leather shoes Classic Lace Up Loafers Lined Oxfords shoes
- Brown Ariat Women's Terrain Hiking Boot
- GIY Women Casual Double Strap Sandal Low Flat Heel Slip On Slides Sandals for Indoor Outdoor
- Yxwxz Gym wear for men Men's hiking shoes waterproof breathable hiking shoes sports shoes non-slip lightweight shoes sports shoes outdoor Climbing rock running on cloud running shoes (Size 37)
- Boots for Mens Classical Zipper Dress Leather Ankle shoes Black Red
- Twisted X Men's Driving Slip-On Moccasin shoes Moc Toe
- AGOWOO Women's Ankle Strap Buckle Gladiator Thong Wedge Sandals
- Aerosoles Womens Trust Fund Slip-On Loafer
- Super explosion Women's Pointed Toe Soft Stretch Sock Style Chunky Block Heel Ankle Bootie
- WeenFashion Women's Lace-Up Round Closed Toe High-Heels Blend Materials Ankle-high Boots
- Brilliant sun Suede Warm Snow Mid Calf Boots Women Square Heel Round Toe Hairball shoes
- LingGT Women's Bohemian Boots Mid Calf Fur Lined Beaded Low Heel shoes (color Beige, Size CA 6)
- Women's Ankle Straps Suede Stiletto Heel Sandals
- S.Oliver Women's 23615 Low-Top Sneakers
- Top Moda Ferry 3 Womens Chunky Heel Strappy Slingback Open Toe Faux Wood Platform Dress Sandals
- GAIXIA Men's Leather shoes Fashion Business Dress shoes Casual Dress shoes Oxford shoes 39-43 Yards Men's Leather Boots (color Black, Size 39 EU)
- Naturalizer Womens Avril Heeled Sandal
- ENVAL SOFT shoes men low sneakers 3240800 blue
- Palladium Pampa Hi 92352-238 Canvas Womens Boots - Sahara - 39.5
- Black Hot Pink Morning Breeze Skechers Graceful 2.0 Magnificent Journey Walking shoes
- Skechers Womens On-The-go City 2 - Adapt Winter Boot
- Nike Womens Air Max 1 Sneakerboot
- JIALUN-shoes Men's Simple Business Oxford Casual Lightweight Comfortable Low-top Lace-up Plain color Formal shoes
- Puma Evopower 1.2 Mixed Sg, Men’s Football Training
- GanSouy Mens Buckle Belt Martin Boot Side Zip Motorcycle Combat Boots Punk Rock Calf Boot Horse Riding Movie Fancy Dress shoes Ankle Boot Utility Footwear
- NANXZ Men's Retro Bullock Leather Straps High Top Handmade Boots Outdoor Leisure
- Black JUJIANFU-shoes Men's Classic Driving Loafers Hollow Vamp Penny Boat shoes Soft Sole Leisure Moccasins
- Tasbon for Women Cute Penguin Star Iceberg Red and bluee Scarfs Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Athleisure Walking shoes
- Brinley Co Womens Keelan Faux Leather Buckle Double Wrap Thong Sandals
- golden Road G.N.D Women Fancy Rhinostone Slide Flip Flops Flat Sandal Slippers 296
- 1TO9 Womens Bows Solid No-Closure gold Suede Flats shoes - 7.5 B(M) US
- 1TO9 Womens Chunky Heels Buckle Pointed-Toe Black Suede Pumps shoes - 6.5 B(M) US
- Summer tip Ultra-Thin with The Ladies Sandals with Large, Baotou Women shoes
- Yosi Samra Women's Samara Soft Leather Flats Navy
- T-JULY Bling Slide Sandals for Women Summer Wedges Platform shoes Slip on Crystal High Heels Slippers
- Aerosoles A2 by Womens Chlean Start
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This New Men's Cap Toe Plaid Checkered Lace Up Modern Dress shoes Azar Black from Palladium Women’s Pallabrousse Baggy Femme Hi-Top Trainers, Grey was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Men's Formal shoes, Low-top Casual shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Wedding Party & Evening Dress shoes (color Black, Size 44) to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Nike Genio Leather TF Turf Soccer Cleats (Soar bluee) of structured cabling, Bella Vita Womens Nerissa Ankle Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Dig dog bone Men's Ankle Boots Casual Comfortable High Top Flat Heel Classic Leisure Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
PUMA Mens Nrgy Neko Knit SneakerAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting MUMUWU Men's Fashion Sneaker Flat Heel Soft Genuine Leather Classic Design Oxfords Fashion (color Brown, Size 9.5 D(M) US) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- UBCA-ONEMIX Mens Lightweight Athletic Running shoes Breathable Sport Cushion Walking Sneakers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This DSFGHE New Men's Casual shoes England Trend Wild Leather shoes Leather Manual Driving shoes Leather Men's shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Adidas Performance Women's Adizero Attack W Tennis shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Step n Style Punjabi Jutti Indian shoes Flat Flop Flop Khussa shoes Jaipuri Sandals that may be of interest to your District including:
- KingSize Men's Big & Tall Canvas Slip-On, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Clarks Men's Tilden Plain Lace up Leather shoes
- Jimmetfrend Leather Men Casual shoes Handmade Fashion Comfortable Breathable Men shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Mens Sandals, Men's Casual Thong Flip Flops shoes Genuine Leather Beach Slippers Non-Slip Soft Flat Sandals Black,Perfect for The Beach or Any Outdoor Scene. (color Black, Size 8MUS)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the GAOLIM The Ultra-High-Like Women'S shoes Low shoes shoes Single shoes Side Empty Sandals Princess shoes Summer Sandalsof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Outdoor High-Top Sneakers Hiking shoes Comfort Light Soles Athletic shoes Light Soles Running shoes Lace-up Breathable bluee (color A, Size 39) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Crisscross Strappy Chunky Platform Wedge SandalI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its DSFGHE Sports shoes Mens High Rise Hiking Boots Trekking shoes Climbing Sneakers Outdoor Fashion Wearable Non-Slip Field Run (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Board shoes casual shoes Mens sports shoes Wear breathable shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
ECCO Womens Soft 5 Mary Jane Mary Jane FlatDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist