If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Jessica Simpson Elsbeth Women US Size 6.5 Brown Faux Leather Heels allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop HAPPYSHOP TM Men's Real Leather Anti-Slip Walking shoes Leisure shoes Sneakers Gym shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new HAPPYSHOP(TM Mens Business Suit Derby shoes Pointed Toes Leather shoes Formal Wear Business shoes bluee at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Skechers Women's Breathe-Easy-Simply Sincere Sneaker
- Milr Gile Green Python Snake Skin Print Sneaker Flat Canvas shoes for Womens Stylish
- Ruiatoo Women Platform Slip On Loafers Comfort Genuine Suede with Tassel Wedge shoes Low Top Moccasins Pink 36
- Fashion Heel Womens Low Heel Lace up Handmade Round Toe Classic Ankle Martin Boots Black
- Matisse Womens Millie Flat Sandal
- Women Sexy Slingback Pointed Toe Pumps Gladiator Buckle Low Block Heels Black Faux Suede Dress Court shoes
- Driver Club USA Womens Womens Genuine Leather Nantucket Tie-Bow Loafer Loafer
- Gedigits Women's Lace Pull On High Heel Spring Summer Boots Black(Knee High) 5.5 M US
- YooPrettyz Crystals Strappy Heels Slingback shoes Cut Out Dress Sandals Heels for Women
- Allen Edmonds Men's Ambrosio Loafer
- Sbicca Women's Cleo Wedge Sandal
- Sbicca Women's Cucamonga Wedge Sandal
- Linmatealliance Outdoor&Sports shoes Zhenzu Outdoor Sporting Professional Training PU Short Nail Football shoes, EU Size 38(bluee)
- Franco Sarto Womens Dianora Pump
- ART Sneaker 1340 Memphis TIBIDABO Black
- MEbox Mens Winter Leather Warmth Dress Oxfords shoes
- Lumberjack Women's shoes Boot SW00101-015 D01-M0008 River
- Adidas Boys' Superstar Fitness shoes
- Qiusa Mens Breathable Running shoes Soft Sole Breathable Non Slip Casual Comfort shoes (color Black, Size UK 5.5)
- New Balance Unisex Kids' 574 Velcro Trainers
- black (Black 999) Superga Unisex Adults' 2750-Efglu Trainers
- Womens Sexy Pointed Toe High Heel Fashion Dress Pumps Bridal Wedding Party Basic shoes
- Boxfresh Men's Spencer ICN Lea NVY Trainers
- Xposed Mens Real Leather Black Snake Skin Effect shoes Funky Party Slip On shoes
- Testosterone Men's Cash In Boot
- Orlancy Women's Mid Calf Snow Boots Zipper Platform Wedge Snowflake Winter Outdoor
- Beautiful - Fashion Women's Oxford Loafers Low Heels Round Toe Patent Leather Bowknot Slip On Casual Flat Dress shoes Slip On Daily shoes
- DecoStain Women's Ankle High Nubuck Faux Fur Lace Up Thick Heel Booties
- Women's Super High Heels, Waterproof Platform Stiletto Booties Splicing PU Side Zipper Women's Boots(Black)
- Bella Vida Ediitaly Criss Cross Wedge Heel Sandals, Navy Suede
- HANBINGPO Luxury Brand Women Pumps Pointed Toe Flower Heel Wedding shoes Women Elegant Silk Brand Design High Heels Ladies Pumps,Red Pumps,3.5
- AIWEIYi Womens Retro Style Thick Sole Lace up Fur Warm Winter Boots Black Ankle Booties
- Converse DC Comics Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers
- Cuffed Ankle Boots, Casual Low Tube Martin Boots High Heels Lacing Short Boots Round Head Thick with Knight Boots Waterproof Platform Warm Women's shoes
- Brown Wool Fumak 2018 New Genuine Leather Ladies Short Winter Boots, Wool Warm Snow Boots Women,Big Size 41 42 43 Martin Boots Women
- Ellenhouse Womens Rhinestone Crystal Stiletto Heel Pointed Toe Pumps shoes EH025
- Jeffrey Campbell Kimaya - Coral Green Floral Embroidered Flat Slide Sandal
- Women's Lightweight Trainers Sports Running shoes Walking Casual Mesh Sneakers Ladies Autumn Lace-Up Spell color Classic Flat shoes
- White 600 pairs GZZ Disposable Slippers White Disposable Slippers Hotel Room Foot Bath Shop 600 Pairs of Disposable Slippers to Entertain Guests for Men and Women White Disposable Slippers Each About 40G
- Sofft Womens Alana Slingback Pump
- Irregular Choice 'Liefde' Black Sequin Heart Heels
- Leisure Driving Loafers for Men Round Toe Casual Flat Penny shoes Microfiber Upper Slip On Breathable Walking Boat shoes Lightweight Durable Cricket shoes ( color bluee , Size 9.5 UK )
- KMJBS Men'S shoes Men'S Casual shoes Summer English Top Men'S shoes
- Puma Evospeed w 1.2 , Men's Trainers
- Nike - Lunarglide 6 Junior running shoes (black bluee) - EU 36 - US 4
- bluee shoes Modern Men's Genuine Leather Brogue shoes Wingtip Hollow Carving Lace Up Block Heel Business Lined Oxfords Leather shoes
- SusanY High Heels shoes Women Thick High Heel Pumps Autumn Fall Footwear
- American Rag Womens Emmaline Fabric Closed Toe Mules
- Autumn and Winter Vintage Fringe Short Boots Ladies Boots with Large Size
- Women Pump Faux Suede Basic Sandals Solid colors Slip On High Heels 10 cm Sandals Sexy Pumps
- Skull Heart Crossed Bones Slip On Rubber Sole Loafers Canvas shoes for Women Round Toe
- Hoohle Sports Womens Best colord 90s Guitar Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Print Cross-Trainer shoes
- Karen Scott Women's Lucca Mid Calf Boot
- Womens Sandals Sexy shoes Ankle Buckle Strap Elegant Party High Heel Sandals
- Adidas Women's Cosmic 2 SL Running shoes Wht Slvr 8 M US
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This CALTO - G18270-2.8 Inches Taller - Size 7.5 D US - Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Black Boots from STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Lourdes-c Ballet Flat was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nine West Women's Amethyst Fabric Pump to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust GUESS Men's Gm-Jahim Fashion Sneaker Black of structured cabling, Bemy Leisure Sports Men's shoes Outdoor Ventilation Men's Running shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Katy Perry Womens The Raina Ankle Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
XHD- Classic shoes Men's Comfortable Leather shoes Slip on Casual Loafers shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Bogs Mens Hudson Webbing Stripes Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Phil Betty Mens Martin Boots Autumn Winter Plus Velvet Warm Round-Toe Booties
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This 2018 Men's New Football shoes Long Spike Non Slip Training shoes High-Top Academy Boots Soccer shoes Running Sneakers,C,41 illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Men Casual shoes Microfiber Spring & Fall Outdoor Running shoes Breathable Non-Slip Fitness Athletic Sports Casual Fashion Sneakers YAN (color Black, Size 44) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- VANGELO Men Tuxedo shoes TUX-5 Fashion Square Toe for Wedding Formal Event Black Patent 8W, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- MIXSNOW Men's Quick Drying Aqua Water shoes
- OTZ shoes Otz300Gms Linen S O development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Annie Womens Lara Dress SandalIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Men's Sandals Closed-Toe Workout shoes Summer Beach shoes Casual Breathable Non-Slip Hiking Walking Sandals,c,41of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Chaussure Plus Velvet Warm Multiple Men Doc Martins Choice Black Six Holes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from DILN UNbox Men's Suede Cork Footbed Slides with 2 Strap Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Phil Betty Mens Martin Boots Autumn Winter Warm Non-Slip Round Toe Lace-Up Casual shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its JINTOHO Fashion Casual Men shoes Genuine Leather Male shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by XHD- Classic shoes Winter Vlevet Retro Men's Boots Comfortable Zipper Casual Le, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Autumn and Winter Men's shoes Casual Cotton shoes with Hiking BootsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist