If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Stetson Washed Distressed Worn Brown Mens Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Giles Jones Motorcycle Boots for Men Autumn Winter Lace-up Non-Slip Shockproof Combat Boots, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new shoes Mens Formal Business Classic Retro Flat Loafer Dress Tassel Leather Oxfords shoes Leather shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- RizaBina Women Fashion Hidden Heel Boots Pull On
- WHW The Department of Peace-keeping operations folder beach sandals women with low with sandals Slope
- Konhill Women's Lightweight Casual Walking Athletic shoes Breathable Mesh Running Slip-On Sneakers, Black, 39
- Gjsonmv Abstract Flowers Berries White mesh Lightweight shoes for Women lace up Sports Athletic Sneakers shoes
- Keds Womens Kickstart Speckled Canvas Sneakers
- Newnorthstar Fashion Bling Leather Breathable Flat shoes Woman Casual Slip-on Female Winter Sneakers
- Grazie Women's Calabasas Flip Flop
- AdeeSu Womens Mid-Calf Rhinestones Bows Urethane Boots SXC02489
- Pierre Dumas Olem Natural-2 CHOblue Taupe
- Keen Targhee Evo Mid Hiking Boot - Men's
- AllhqFashion Women's Peep Toe Cow Leather Kitten Heels Solid Sandals with Studded Rhinestones
- ESSEX GLAM Womens Open Toe Heels Ankle Strap Stiletto Heel Sandals
- Kirkland Men's Signature Classic Athletic shoes Sneakers White Grey 9 M US
- PUMA Mens Enzo Mesh Sneaker
- Phil Betty Mens Booties Lace Up Round-Toe Comfortable Casual Martin Boots
- Dr. Martens Mens Vincent Hook Mid Calf Boot
- KEEN Utility Womens Canby at Wp Industrial & Construction shoes
- Loeffler Randall Womens Claudie-wl Flat Sandal
- Diadora Men's Game L Low White White Black 4 M US
- Adidas Mens 8K Nubuck Trainers
- Claret NZZNB Crocodile Pattern Ladies Bag Fashion Simple Leather Handbag Large Capacity Single Shoulder Bag Top-Handle Handbags
- Fragrancety Women Luxury 10cm High Heels Bridal Butterfly-Knot Satin Pumps Ladies Pointed Toe
- YIXINY Europe Station Black Plate shoes Leisure Comfortable Youth Student Spring And Autumn (Size EU39 UK6.5 CN40)
- Converse Star Player Ox - 159738C
- Nike Air Max Sequent 4.5 Se Mens Running shoes
- Vitalo Womens Chunky High Heels Ankle Boots Zip Up Autumn Winter Short Boot
- Chaqlin Fashion Denim Unisex Canvas shoes High Top US UK Flag Pattern Non-Slip Sneaker for Women Men
- WeiPoot Women's High-Heels Solid Pull-on Dull Polish Round Closed Toe Pumps-shoes
- Fheaven (TM) Women Summer Sandals Bohemia colorful Beads shoes Wedges Middle Platfrom Heel Sandals
- AdeeSu Womens Casual Travel Solid Urethane Pumps shoes SDC06030
- QZUnique Women Foldable shoes Tube Mid-Calf Boots Chunky Heel Grind Arenaceous Suede Ankle Booties
- CHENSIR9 Women's Stiletto Pumps High Heels Open Toe Ankle Strap Platform
- Women's Fashion shoes, Vintage Black Suede Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Mid Rough High Heels Non-Slip Booties Wedding Party Evening (color Black, Size 41)
- New - Ladies North Alabama Lions-Ladies' Sport AnoChrome
- Men's Leather shoes Men's Casual Non-Slip Leather shoes Men's Leather shoes Comfortable and Wearable (color Black, Size 39)
- Tiempo Genio II Leather (FG) Mens Football Boots - Clear Jade
- Imagine Vince Camuto Women's Lavenia
- Women Summer Genuine Leather Fashion Crystal Flat Sandals
- Dusty Pink Imsu Cambridge Select Women's Classic 90s Lace-Up Chunky Lug Sole Combat Boot
- LXLA- Men's Business Wedding Pointed Leather shoes Mens Formal Dress shoes for Men
- MARC ELLIS Women's MA3033gold gold Leather Sandals
- GFP 2018 Men's Leather shoes Business Leather shoes Men's Fashion shoes Party & Evening Work Comfort Lace-up shoes Pointed Leather shoes
- Rockport Men's Global Road Venetian Moccasins
- Y-H Men's Casual shoes, Mesh Comfort Sneakers，Spring Fall Slip-Ons Training shoes，Trekking Travel shoes (color Yellow, Size 43)
- Yxwxz Gym wear for men Safety shoes men's steel head safety shoes work shoes training shoes breathable mesh uppers lightweight pedal walking shoes sports shoes on cloud running shoes (Size 40)
- Black Gym Red White 006 Nike Men's Air Jordan Future Basketball shoes
- LAIGEDANZI Womens Pumps Leather Wedges Platform Stiletto High Heels Open Toe Sexy Party shoes,Black,4
- FANIMILA Women Ankle Strap Pumps shoes
- Dolphin Women's Silver Sexy Open Toe High Heel Sandals with Ankle Strap Wedding Dress Peep Toe Pumps SM00042
- Frestree Breathable Sport shoes for Women Ccanvas shoes
- Pirate Theme Skull Anchor Slip On Rubber Sole Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Casual
- Hoohle Sports Womens Large red Lips Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Stylish Fashion Sneakers shoes
- Designer flip flops summer sandals women shoes 2017 fashion buckle wedges slides big size 35-43 light platform beach shoes
- FINDYOU Pointed Toe Mules Women High Slippers Fashion Slides Small Heel Slippers Mules Close Toe Sandals
- Easy Spirit Women's Exploremap Walking shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Hudson Axminster Mens Brown Calf shoes from Men Military Leather Boots Special Forces Tactical Desert Combat Boats Outdoor shoes Snow Boots 711 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Bates Men's Enforcer 5 Inch Nylon Leather Uniform Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Skelos Ankle Bootie of structured cabling, Men's Casual shoes, Fall & Winter Lycra Elastic shoes Low-top Sneakers Mesh Running shoes Shock Outdoor Walking shoes YAN (color C, Size 37), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Men's shoes，Snow Boots ，Fall Winter Boots Casual Walking shoes ，Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Large Size, Leather，Home，Office，Platform shoes (color A, Size 43), and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Cotswold Mens Lidstone Slip On Slipper Navy Size UK 8 EU 41As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting ZIXUAP Summer Sports shoes Men's Fashion Wild color Burlap Breathable shoes Outdoor Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Casual shoes White (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Vionic Orthaheel Technology Rio Women's Sandal
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This JARLIF Women's Tennis Walking Running Sneakers Breathable Casual Flats Wide Width shoes US6-10 illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Vocni Women Summer Flipflop Bohemian Beaded Flat Beach Wedding shoes Sandals - Beige 11 B(M) US runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Martin shoes British Style Outdoor Desert Tooling High-top shoes Martin Boots Male Desert Boots Suede High shoes Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Outdoor Hiking shoes Mens Professional Trekking Hunting Tactical Boots
- Men Martin Boots Autumn Leather Desert Breathable Chelsea Boots Fighting On Foot Snow shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
WLJSLLZYQ Autumn Winter Bean shoes Add Cashmere Men's shoes Korean-Style Trend Casual shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Uniform shoes shoes Men's Business Oxford Classic High-top Personality Trend Outsole Patent Leather Brogue shoes Leather shoesof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from UBCA-XIANGGUAN Men Hiking shoes Anti-Skid Breathable&Comfortable Walking Sneakers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Joma shoes Soccer Champion Turf CHAW_804 Royal Calcetto ScarpaI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its FOXSENSE Men' s Breathable Pointed Brogue Carved Fringe Loafers shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Nike Jordan Men's Jordan CP3.VIII AE Basketball shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Snowman Lee Men's Flexible Stylish Lace Up Driving Loafers shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist