If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Style Co. Desya Smoking Flats Black allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Ailj Water shoes, Female Rafting River Diving shoes Non-Slip Quick-Drying Barefoot Soft shoes Purple, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new INMONARCH Mens Black Casual Wedding shoes Flower MJ015724 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- CarziCuzin Women Casual Mary Jane Pumps shoes
- Zz&Yladies HIGH Heels Womens Fashion Party shoes
- KemeKiss Women Autumn Winter Extra Size Tall Boots Flat
- Ghssheh Caopixx Women's Fashion Platform Dress Sandal Casual Peep Toe Ankle Strap Work shoes High Heel Sandals White US 6
- Ompson Women's High Heels Solid Buckle Open Toe Platforms & Wedges with Bowknot
- WeenFashion Women's Soft Material Lace-up Round Closed Toe High Heels Low-top Boots
- Adidas Men's Vrx Cup Mid B41479 Hi-Top Trainers
- Men's Nike Free Trainer v7 Training shoes
- Jordan Mens Nike Predo-React Basketball shoes Gym Red White BV1654-601
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Uruguay Flag
- Jessica Simpson Womens Delaine Ankle Boot
- Phil Betty Women Flats shoes Square Toe Slip-On Cloth Bowknot Ballet Comfort Dress shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Solid PU Low-Heels Open-Toe Hook-and-Loop Sandals, FBULC012940
- T-JULY Women Height Increasing Breathable Waterproof Wedges Sneakers PU Leather Casual Platform Slimming Swing shoes
- Naturalizer Women's Jennings Wide Calf Tall Boot
- Report Womens Locke Flat Sandal
- Teva Womens W Foxy Leather Slipper
- TRENDSup Collection Women Pointy Toe Thigh High Single Sole Stiletto Boot
- Nike Jordan Men's Jordan Air Jordan 1 Retro High Decon Sheen White Vachetta Tan Basketball shoes 13 Men US
- CRIS VERGRE' shoes Woman Sandals H5202N Black
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Witter Slip on Loafer
- Men Martin Boots Leather Youth Autumn Short Ankle Boots Non-Slip Lace-up Work Flats Fashion Motorcycle Boots
- Stacy Adams Men's Regent Wingtip Oxford
- LEDLFIE Men's Leather shoes Business Casual Lace-up Men's shoes
- Overcast White New Balance Women's Nergize V1 FuelCore
- Walking Cradles Women's Bean Dress Pump,Black micro,7.5 N US
- AGOWOO Womens Sandalias Open Toe Thong Maternity Beach Mules Sandals
- York Zhu Women's Sandals Summer Cross Dewy Toe Women Platform Sandals Roman Wedge Sandals
- E_LOV Naruto Anime Hand-Painted Canvas shoes High Top Sneakers Anime Painted Cosplay shoes for Women and Men Black
- Nike Mens Air Max 95 Premium SE Vachetta Leather
- Naturalizer Womens Whitney Dress Pump
- Duberess Women's Real Leather Perforated Lace-up Flat Oxfords Vintage Oxford shoes Brogues
- Women Ladies Gothic Rock Punk Buckle Heels Platform Ankle Boots Women Block Chunky Heels Fashion Mid Calf Boots Solid Rivet Short Boots
- Fabulicious Womens COCKTAIL-556 C M Sandal
- AmoonyFashion Women's Solid Frosted Low-Heels Open-Toe Buckle Sandals, BUTLT007465
- Clarks - Womens Arla Jacory Sandal
- Hector Original Indianino with Laces Light Pink
- Wedopus MW877 Women's Wedge Heel Peep Toe Rhinestones Satin High Heel Wedding shoes
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Womens Hayleigh Ii Espadrille Wedge Sandal
- Stacy Baldwin Brown and White Wingtip Vintage Style Two Tone Spectator Leather shoes with Leather Soles
- ECCO Footwear Womens Babett II Slip-On Loafer
- Genuine Leather Glitter Women shoes Flats Loafers Slip On shoes Woman Pearl
- GFP 2018 Men's shoes PU Spring Fall Breathable Comfort Loafers & Slip-ONS Walking shoes,Driving shoes, Business shoes
- New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Cruz V2 Mcruznb2 Trainers
- Adidas Men’'s Ace 16.1 Primeknit Fg Ag Football Boots
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Tayno Walton Men's Vegan Leather Lace-up Oxford Dress shoes from Men's shoes Leather Comfort Slippers & Flip-Flops for Casual Black Brown,Black,40 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a OluKai Kiai II Sandal - Men's to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Giani Bernini Womens Jileese Square Toe Loafers of structured cabling, WLJSLLZYQ Summer Men Canvas shoes Board shoes Cloth shoes Breathable Casual shoes Low-Cut shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Super frist Men's Outdoor Waterproof Trekking Hiking Boots Non-Slip Winter Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Giles Jones Men's Motorcycle Boots Autumn Winter Warm Breathable Soft Snow Combat BootsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting HUF Men's Cromer, White, 7 Regular US (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Ferro Aldo M-19266A Mens Lace Up Plaid Oxford Dress Classic shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Trace Green Trace Green Turbo adidas Originals Men's illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Bugatti Men Lace-Up shoes brown, (dark brown) 311374011100-6100 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Nurse Mates Women's Bryar Slip-On Clog shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Reebok Men's Zprint Running shoes bluee
- Li-Ning 2018 Men Badminton shoes AYTN041-2 Yellow development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
QAR Black Flip Flops Men's Leather Casual Outdoor Non-Slip Slippers flip Flop (color Black, Size 41)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Haadid Outdoor Hiking shoes Walking Sneaker Boating Water & Trail shoes for Menof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Sam Carle Mens Loafers shoes Wear-Resistant Slip-On Round Toe Fashion Casual Driving shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Gentle Souls Women's Larisa Gladiator Ankle Straps Flat Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
DANIELE ALESSANDRINI Scarpa Desert Boot F422KL1613706I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Men's Leather shoes Spring and Autumn New Men's Low to Help Casual shoes Soft Men's shoes Breathable Non-Slip shoes (color B, Size 40) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by MUMUWU xford shoes for Men Formal shoes OX Leather Soft Round Toe with Low Top (color Black, Size 8.5 D(M) US), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Phil Betty Mens Ankle Boots Lace Up Wear-Resistant Non-Slip Comfortable Casual Martin BootsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist