If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s KAI-Europe and the United States fish mouth shoes shoes a rhinestone sandals square toe scrub woman,yellow,Thirty-nine allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Nine Seven Cow Leather Women's Pointed Toe Block Heel Casual Work Handmade Comfort Ankle Boot, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Adidas Superstar II Mens Leather sneakers shoes - Black at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- T-JULY Mid Calf Boots for Women Round Toe Keep Warm Winter Slip on Dress Snow Boots Comfortable Fashion shoes
- Nine Seven Women's Genuine Leather Closed Round Toe Handmade Mary Jane T-Strap Mid Heel Dress Pump shoes
- Ivanka Trump Womens LYSA Pump
- Men's shoes Knit Fall & Winter Novelty shoes Low-top Sneakers Lace Up Casual Daily Walking shoes Fitness & Cross Training shoes YAN
- Women's shoes Front Zipper Booties European Fashion Pointed High Heels Autumn and Winter Plus Velvet Martin Boots Sexy Stiletto (color Beige, Size 35)
- PREMIER 93245.05 15 Chevron Plus Plain Toe PVC Boot, Size 05, Brick Red Cream
- Loeffler Randall Womens Sydnee (Suede) Pump
- RG Costumes Deluxe Boot Tops, Black
- Souy Mens Leather High Tops Combat Boots Outdoor Tactical Boots For Riding Lace Ups Amry Military Boots Hiking Camping Desert Boots
- Adidas Unisex Kids’ Continental 80 J Fitness shoes
- Nike Men's Air Max Motion Lw Le Low-Top Sneakers
- Green Troadlop Womens Lightweight Athletic shoes Walking Sneakers
- CLARKS Men's Vanek Plain Loafer
- JQfashion Women's High Heel Sandals Sequins Sexy Thick with Roman shoes
- T-JULY Patent Leather Women Sandals Fashion Square High Heel Lady Sexy Party Dress shoes Woman Sandals
- Beautiful - Fashion Women's Tassel Platform Oxford Pump Round Toe Slip On Chunky High Heel Vintage Dress Oxfords shoes
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Womens Brooklynne Espadrille Wedge Sandal
- Flamingo With Crown Womens Flex Mesh Casual shoes For Women
- Karl Conner New Women Square Heel Sandals Platform Slippers Bowtie High Heels Flip Flops Size 32-42
- ERSER Skulls Faces Womens Running shoes Wide Width
- American Rag Womens Marlie Open Toe Casual Gladiator Sandals, Maple, Size 9.5
- WeenFashion Women's Buckle Peep-Toe High-Heels Assorted color Sandals,AMGLX009677
- MIA Limited Edition Women's Valentina,
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointy Cap Toe Chunky Heel Comfort Handmade Ankle Booties
- Naturalizer Women's WHITNEY2 Pump, Black White Tweed
- Sport Sandals Sandals Simple Sports Sandals Summer Non-Slip Beach shoes Outdoor Men's Soft Slippers Casual Vintage Roman shoes (color Black, Size 6.5UK 8.5US)
- ISLO Pumps-shoes Womens Suede bluee
- Adidas Crazy Light Boost 2 - DB1072
- Winter Boots 2018 New Leather Boots Autumn Plus Velvet Waterproof Platform High Heels Female Thick with Small Boots Women
- Kenneth Cole Unlisted Men's String Along
- Rieker Men's 39230 Classic Boots
- Pink Thick Med Heels Cut Out Two-Piece Pumps Summer Lace Up Sandals shoes
- JaHGDU Women Over The Knee Boots Sexy Flat Ladies Casual Girl Fashion Spring Thin Heels Leisure Student shoes Peep Toe High Heeled
- TAOFFEN Women's Ankle Boots with Heels
- Vogar Womens Leather Slippers VG-31 Sheep Wool Lined
- Adidas Unisex Adults' X_PLR Sneaker Low Neck
- Front Stanford Mens Leather Chelsea Boots Tan
- Ariat Work Men's Sierra Shadowland Steel Toe Work Boot
- Xjizm 2018 Summer Sexy Super High Heels 16cm Platform Gladiator Sandals Woman Cross-Tied Rome Sandals Party Ladies shoes 109 White 10.5
- Aerosoles Womens Outer Space Wedge Sandal
- Daya by Zendaya Women's Kyle Ii Dress Pump
- Grasshoppers Women's Reveal Skimmer Fashion Sneaker
- Nine West Womens Fiesty Synthetic Heeled Sandal
- AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Soft Material Open-Toe Kitten-Heels Solid Sandals
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Square Heel Applique Handmade Elegant Pumps
- Wolverine Women's Floodhand Waterproof 6 Soft Toe Work Boot
- K-Swiss Women's Tubes Infinity CMF Black White
- Cambridge Select Women's Western Distressed Side Zip Tassel Stacked Low Heel Ankle Bootie
- Remonte Women Ankle Boots grey, (grey cigar) R1470-42
- K1X - LP Low - 116303060042
- Oboz Juniper Mid B-Dry Hiking shoes - Women's
- Willsky Men's Football Boots, Boys' Football Training shoes Low Help TF High elasticity Unisex Non-Slip Professional Spikes,Green,30
- ZYFXZ Safety shoes Safety shoes men's safety and comfort work shoes steel toe caps anti-smashing anti-piercing site shoes work boots (color bluee, Size 38)
- Pantofola d'gold Men's's Imola Scudo Denim men Low Top Sneakers
- Kentucky Fetlock Boots YH Leather - Size Full
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women's Crystal Diamante Evening Wedding Party Prom Bridal Slip-On Wedge Heel Sandals shoes from Not Rated Womens Gemini Ankle Bootie was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Wonderheel 7 Stiletto Heel Knee high Ballet shoes matt Fetish Lacing Padlocks Ballet Boots to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Women's Martin Boots Leather Round Head Crude Heel mid Heel Ankle Boots Front tie color Flat Comfortable Knit Casual Boots of structured cabling, Lindsay Phillips Brenna Platform Wedge, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Bella Marie Stacy-33 Women's Round Toe Nubuck Mary Jane Squeaky Upper Strap Flat Dancing shoes,color Taupe,Size 6.5, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
TRAVEL TRAIN Man's Leather Dress shoes - TMM5020MS, Black & Brown, US 8-10.5As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Littleplum Men's Fashion High Top Leather Street Sneakers Sports Casual shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Yoki Women's KATTY-81 Side Cut-Out Heeled Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Brinley Co. Womens Odell Faux Leather High-top Distressed Side Buckle Sandals illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Slydes - SS18 Wahiki Floral Men's Slider Sandals RRP 39 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Gnarly Tees Men's Postal Worker shoes High Top that may be of interest to your District including:
- BootsMaster Military Tactical Boots for Women Men Comp Toe Jungle Combat Boots, Genuine Leather Waterproof Martin Hiking Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Newstarshop Men Military Boots Special Force Tactical Desert Combat Ankle Boats Army Work Mesh Casual shoes
- Ben Sherman Mens Bristol Lace-Up Mid Top Chukka development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Nine West Women's Anastagia Sd Pointed Toe FlatIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Bates Men's 6 U.S. Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Bootsof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from HAPPYSHOP(TM Men's Genuine Leather Buckled Moccasin Loafers Driving shoes Comfort Slip-on Penny Loafers Black provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Men's shoes, Spring Fall Leather shoes, Mens Casual shoes,Comfort Breathable Deck shoes,Walking shoes, Lace-up shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Phil Betty Mens Oxford shoes Invisible Increase Lace Up Business Casual Dress shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by PUMA Men's Evopower Vigor 4 Graphic IT, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Dickies Men's DK6222 Work BootsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist