If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s - ZOCAVIA Womens shoes Non Slip Mesh Knit Casual Running Gym Athletic shoes bluee 8 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Frye Womens Ivy Shearling Low Lace Sneaker, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new SXD 2.36 Inches Taller Men's Height Increasing Elevator Genuine Leather Casual shoes Lace Up at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Sport Suede Stuart Weitzman Womens Ryder
- Gracosy Women's Leather Casual Loafer, Women's Leather Pure color Flat Loafers,Indoor Flat Slip-on,Driving shoes -Soft,Durable,Anti-Slip,Comfortable
- Women Comfortable Bohemia Ethnic Sandals Flat Heel Summer Woman Sandals
- Mubeuo Women's Leather Ankle Strap Skidproof Thong Wedge Sandals
- Cloudless Women Peep Toe Rhinestones Pumps High Heel Evening Prom Wedding shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Vegetables Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- AmoonyFashion Women's Open Toe High Heels Soft Material Solid Zipper Sandals
- Slipper, Disposable, Thick Non-Slip Portable shoes Household Hotel Bathroom Home Business Travel White Winter
- Summer Wedge Sandals Sexy Extreme High Heels Sandal Luxury Party Wedding Evening shoes
- Salomon Men's Wings Pro 2 Trail Runner
- Charles Jourdan Women's Ocean Sandals
- Very Volatile Women's Hartlee Boot
- GUIDO SGARIGLIA Boots Womens Suede Black
- Diadora Mens Run 505 bluee
- Nene's Collection Women's Dance Fitness shoes Lowtop Sneakers
- Women Bling Casual Platform Wedge shoes Fashion Breathable Hook Shiny Travel Sneakers
- Freepeople Womens Island Time Open Toe Casual Espadrille Sandals
- Walking Cradles Women& 39;s Kerry White Leather 13 WW US
- QIDI Casual shoes Male England Breathable Comfortable Wear-resistant Canvas shoes (color T-1, Size EU39 UK6)
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Large Size Fashion Tooling Martin Boots Cotton shoes Men'S shoes
- White Silver Red Nike Men's Air Jordan 5 Retro Basketball shoes
- Women's Round Toe Fine Heel Ankle Booties, Rhinestone Butterfly Pendant Chain Warm Non-Slip Plush shoes
- Puma Men's's Tishatsu Runner Sneaker
- Puma Suede Mid Big Sean shoes
- Aquatalia Men's Nathan Dress Calf Loafer,
- 1TO9 Womens Beaded Bows Casual Urethane Pumps shoes MMS06285
- Report Womens Zella Flat Sandal
- AmoonyFashion Women's Dacron Casual Zippers Shopping Canvas Wristlets,BUTBS203083
- QueenFashion Women's Sweet Style colorant Match Candy Ankle Boots with Lace-up and Zipper
- York Zhu Women Boots,Slip-on High-top Warm Cotton Flats Winter Snow Boots
- AllhqFashion Women's Soft Material Buckle Open Toe High-Heels Solid Sandals
- Ellie shoes Milla 6 Heel Ankle Boots w Inner Zipper Black Nine
- 2 Lips Too Womens Too Sofia Pump
- Kirabon Sexy Slim High Heel Stiletto Super High Heel Open Toe Hollow Sandals Roman Style Women's shoes (color Wine Red, Size 38)
- JARO VEGA Women's Goatskin Genuine Leather Pumps Slender Block Heel Closed Almond Toe Dress shoes
- Cambridge Select Women's Buckle Sweater Knit Flat Knee-High Boot
- ZLF Men's shoes Classical Leather Lace Up Oxfords Heights Top Ankle Boots for Gentlemen Breathable shoes
- Nine Seven Women's Patent Leather Round Toe Chunky Heel Handmade Glossy Comfortable Winter Ankle Boots
- Taupe Glitter Dust Naturalizer Natalie Pumps
- Irregular Choice Balmy Nights shoes in White and Red
- Light Motorcycle Locomotive shoes Cycling shoes Summer Men's and Women's Racing shoes Boots Breathable Wear Resistant
- XINGF Men's Casual shoes, Round Black Peas shoes, Trend Warm Lok Fu shoes, Autumn and Winter Low to Help Large Size Men's shoes
- Fuxitoggo ShuMade to Casual Men's Ankle Boots Stylish and Comfortable Round Toe Outsole Work Boots (color Dark Brown, Size 41 EU) (color Dark brown, Size 44 EU)
- Rockport Men's Dustyn Slipon Loafer
- Boots Snow, Men's Winter Warmth Plus Velvet Large Size Cotton shoes, Short Tube Waterproof Non-Slip High Help Outdoor Cotton
- Bogs Mens Bedrock Leather 8 Composite Toe Boots
- Fan-Shu Summer Women's shoes Silk Satin Pointed Bow tie Slippers
- D-Sun Womens Casual Lace up Sequins Toe Platform Wedge Sneakers Shape Up Walking shoes
- Victoria's Secret Pink Grey Faux Fur Crisscross Slides- Medium (7-8)
- WeenFashion Women's Round Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos Soft Material Assorted color Pumps-shoes
- Nine West Women's Pruce LIMEN Heeled Sandal,
- Sneakers Casual Running shoes Marble Ink Design Lightweight Breathable Mesh Walking Men Women shoes For Sports Athletic Gym Travel
- Gome-z Pointed Toe Navy bluee Patent Patent Stilettos Women Pumps Dress Bride shoes 6.5 cm Low Heel US Size 5-15
- Leg Avenue Women's Buttons Boot
- JARLIF Women's Road Running Sneakers Fashion Sport Air Fitness Workout Gym Jogging Walking shoes US5.5-10
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Miz Mooz Womens Zelda Sandal from Roper Women's Buzzy Driving Style Loafer Tan was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a ONEMIX Unisex Lightweight Free-Switch Multi Purpose Jogging Fitness Trainer Sneaker to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Square Toe Chunky Heel Side Zip Casual Handmade Ankle High Dress Boots of structured cabling, Pleaser Men's Mega 602 Lace-Up Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, T-JULY Spring Fashion Women Knee-High Boots Sexy Stretch Long Thigh High Heels Knight Pointy shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Men's Outdoor Lace UP Artificial Leather Combat Boots Rubber Soles Tooling Boots,Single shoes & Plus Cotton,Blacksingleshoes,39As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting RageOn Lisa Frank Skye White Sole Premium All Over Print Low Tops (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Newstarshop Men's Work Safety shoes Men Outdoor Footwear Military Combat Hiking Tactical Boots Rubber
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Nine Seven Women's Leather Pointy Toe Stiletto Heel Beige Handmade Pump illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Cambridge Select Women's Tipped Pointed Toe Embroidered Stitched Beaded Block Heel Western Cowboy Boot runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide DANIELE ALESSANDRINI shoes Francesina FORATA F348FK1613500 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Nautilus Footwear Men's N1333 Steel Toe Sneaker Black Grey, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Camper Womens TWS K200620 Sandal
- Frye Womens Lena Harness Slip on Fashion Sneaker development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Dig dog bone Men Business Oxford Leisure Personality Embodying British Style Formal shoes(Black Tie Optional)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Majestic Men's Lace Front Oxford Round Toe Dress shoes Brown Waxiof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools MUMUWU Men's Fashion Ankle Work Boot Casual and Comfortable Faux Fleece Inside Retro High Top Boot (color Warm Black, Size 7 D(M) US) describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Nike Men's Zoom Shift Nylon Basketball shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Men's Leather shoes Driving Casual shoes Low to Help with Flexible and Light Boat Soft Men's shoes (color bluee, Size 11 D(M) US)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Casual Classic Retro color Contrast Comfortable Outdoors Formal shoes Leather shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Men's shoes，Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes，Barber Night Club，Comfort Loafers shoes，Night Club Stage, for Wedding Party & Evening (color A, Size 39), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Clarks Acre Bridge Womens 26139851Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist