If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Hot Chocolate Design Chocolaticas Petunia Women's Mary Jane Flat allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop DC Black Heathrow TX SE Womens shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new JOUSEN Men's Chukka Boots Casual Leather High Top Boot at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Jimmy Choo Women's APRIL120VVXGREEN Green Velvet Sandals
- RizaBina Pointed Toe Boots Thin High Heel Boots Sexy Party Boots Side Zipper Boots
- AZMODO PVC Open Toe Sexy Thin Heels Crystal Women Transparent Heel Slippers Sandals 819-1
- Tirahse Sweet Women's Cute Bows Rhinestone Print Lolita Elegance Barbie Style Platform Wedge Heel Dress shoes
- Eleganceoo Women Platform Chunky Heel Sandal Pumps Open Toe Strappy Slingback shoes
- Lixus Men's fashion canvas shoes, canvas shoes, canvas shoes, men's water washing and retro shoes,Apricot,Forty-two
- Adidas Men's X 16.1 Sg Football Boots
- Men's shoes Men's Boots, Fall Winter Men Boots Big Size 37-48 Vintage Style Men shoes Casual Fashion High-top Lace-up Warm Booties Men's Fashion Boots (color Black, Size 47)
- DC Men's Mason LX Ankle Boot
- Refyds-es Giraffe Silhouette Womens Fashion Slip on Low Top Lightweight Canvas Cloth shoes
- CYBLING Women's Flat Sandals Fashion Bohemian Rhinestones Beads Beach Zipper Slingback shoes Black bluee
- Sensitives 2019 New Sandals Women European and American top 40 Yards Thick with high Heels peep-Toe Brown shoes
- Circus by Sam Edelman Women's Hagan Fashion Sandals
- Drew Toby Women Pumps Shallow Mouth Pointed Toe Sequin Sexy Fashion High Heels
- OTBT Women's Gamine 2 Ballet Flats
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Low Heel Mary Jane Handmade Retro Pump shoes
- Aldo Womens Ariani Heeled Sandal
- Bates Men's Raide Mid Military and Tactical Boot
- Laredo Men's 7 Side Zipper Trucker Boots,Brown,7 EW
- Ecco Women's Exostrike Gore-tex High Hiking shoes
- Softwaves Women Boots grey, (grey-kombi) 6.94.09
- HVSLXM Sandals Summer Beach Mens Comfy Leather Waterproof shoes
- New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Gobi Running shoes
- Men's PU Business Dress shoes Cozy Breathable Wedding shoes British style Pointed Casual shoes Single shoes
- SLATE Joules Women's Kelly Welly Rain Boot
- JaHGDU Women Outdoor Mesh Thick Soled Air Cushion shoes Sneakers Cosy Sport shoes Wild Tight Super Casual Quality for Womens
- Style & Co. Womens Vinniee Round Toe Slide Flats
- Summer high Heeled shoes, Fashion, Rough Fish Mouth, Bow tie, Zipper Night Club Sandals.
- Sanita 'Brown Cow' Print Wooden Clogs (Art 1706199)
- ECCO Men's Cairo Apron Toe Slip-On
- Colnsky Women's Sweet Rhinestone Round Toe Slip-on Work shoes Low Cut Block Mid Heel Pumps
- AmoonyFashion Women's Peep Toe Zipper PU Solid High-Heels Sandals
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Halloween Cat Spider Cobweb Witch Zombie Prom
- Mesh Sandals for Women Fashion Black gold Silver Ankle Boots Ladies Zipper Peep Toe High Heel shoes
- Cole Haan Women's Tali Bow Loafer Loafers
- Peloxhide Women's Chunky Heel Square Toe Wedge Flats Slip-ONS Pumps for Dress Work Comfortable shoes
- CJC Sandals Women's Flats Low Heel shoes Pearl Uppers
- Phoentin wine red lace up women pumps heel shoes pointed toe office concise women heels flower insole shoes
- Soft Style Womens Darlene Flat
- Aldo Womens Elivia-52 Open Toe Special Occasion Strappy Sandals
- Aetrex Women's Lilly Sandalistas-Lynco Footbed
- Women's Booties, Fall Winter Stiletto Heel Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Ladies Wedding Party & Evening Personality Pearl Fashion Boots (color A, Size 37)
- New Balance Womens 847v3 Walking shoes
- XUE Men's shoes Knit Spring Fall Light up shoes Comfort Sneakers Low Heel LED Lace-up for Athletic Outdoor White, Red, Black, bluee, Pink
- PodoWell Unisex Adults Stadia Loafers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This 2018 Mens Oxfords shoes, Men's British Style with Low Top Formal Fashion Leisure Oxford Casual Simpleshoes from Dig dog bone Men's Fashion Ankle Boots Casual Light Comfortable and High-top Embossed Martin Boots(Warm Velvet Optional) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Yellow Box Women's Giovanna Sandal to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Naturalizer Women's Cordey Lug-Sole Boot Black of structured cabling, Men's Peas shoes Men's Leather Lazy shoes Driving shoes Casual shoes (color Black, Size 41), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Skechers Womens Gowalk Lite Cutesy Sports shoes Navy White Size UK 3 EU 36, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
J Slides Capri Women US 9 White Thong Sandal EU 40As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting EMU Australia Tenzing Womens Deluxe Wool Waterproof Boots Black (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Reebok Men's Soquick Running shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Melissa Women's Hailey + Jason Wu Sandals, Black, 10 M US illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Kamik Women's Newyork2 Insulated Winter Boot, Black runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Noble Outfitters MUDS Stay Cool Womens High Boot that may be of interest to your District including:
- T-JULY Fashion Summer Gladiator Sandals Wedges High Heels Genuine Leather Lace-up Women Dress Party Dress Sandals, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Women's Sandals, Rhinestone Superfine Heel Roman Style gold Black 10.5cm (color Black, Size 8 US)
- Irregular Choice Womens Nick of Time Silver High Heel Court shoes Size development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Xujw-shoes 2019 Mens Boots Men's Ankle Work Boots, Casual Classic Pure color Winter Faux Fleece Inside High Top Boot(Conventional Optional)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Agape POST-71 Lightweight Comfort Chunky Platform Heel Sandalof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools SFNLD Women's Sexy Peep Toe Low Cut Hollow Out Stiletto Heel Buckle Sandals with Pendant describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Lucky Brand Womens Lk-lashiya Ankle Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Men's Spring and Autumn and Winter Hiking shoes Leather Outdoor high-top Sports Hiking Waterproof shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Nina Women's Fantina YG Dress Sandal (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Stetson Washed Distressed Worn Brown Mens Boot, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Men's shoes Knit Athletic shoes，Low-Top Sneakers，Comfort Walking shoes，Lightweight Running shoes，Personality Light Soles Tennis shoes，Breathable EVA (color C, Size 43)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist