If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Palladium Men's Pampa High-Cuff Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop RF ROOM OF FASHION Women's Western Pointy Toe Low Chunky Heel Back Zip Slim Fit Ankle Booties, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Black T-JULY Fashion Women Over-The-Knee Boots Slip-on Thigh High Heels Party shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Stella McCartney Women's Platform Elyse Sandal shoes Black
- Teachay Fashionable Unisex Lace up Camouflage Work shoes Safety shoes Hiking Boots
- U-MAC Wedge Platform Sandals for Women Luxury Open Peep Toe Fashion Summer Slip On Slippers Casual Anti-Skid Outdoor Walking Beach shoes
- Comfort Platform shoes for Women 3D Galaxy Walking Sneakers Heels Light Shape Up Multi color Junior Girls
- LIURUIJIA Women's Over The Knee Stretch Boot Trendy Low Block Heel shoes Easy Heel Boot GQX4-999-2
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Candy Pattern Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- LEDLFIE Men Suits Business Leather shoes Laces Hollow
- Saucony COHESION RUNNING SHOES - 9
- Rockport Men's Rlii Penny shoes
- Newstarshop Spring Women Flats shoes Women Ballet shoes Soft Flat Heel Knitted Leisure Pointy Toe Shallow Mouth
- YHOOEE Women Snow Boots Winter Non-Slip Casual Warm Fur Mid-Calf Flat Round Toe Ladies Ankle Boots Outdoor Sports shoes
- Menbur Womens Rea Dress Pump
- AllhqFashion Women's High-Heels Solid Zipper PU Open Toe Sandals
- T-JULY Women Winter Flats Boots Thick Fur Snow Boots Over The Knee Lace Up Warm Thigh-high Inside Heel Round Toe shoes
- Monticello shoes Amerie Metallic gold Leather Ballerina Ballet Slip on Flats Size 7
- Mark Nason Mens Caprock Oxford
- Columbia Mens Newton RidgeTM Plus Low Waterproof Hiking shoes
- Women's Booties, Leather Retro Square Head Red Thick Heel High Heel Chelsea Boots Ladies New Fall Winter Fashion Boots (color B, Size 35)
- Saucony Womens Xodus ISO 3 Trail Running
- ARA Tala Grey Snake Leather 10.5 Wide
- Summer shoes Men's Outdoor Water shoes, Fashionable and Comfortable Sandals, Non-Slip PU Leather, Anti-Collision Toe, Lightweight and Elastic
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Autumn And Winter Martin Boots Men'S High Boots Short Boots Leather Boots Cotton shoes Men'S Snow Boots Fashion Tooling Wild
- Nike Abalone Foam AOP T-Shirt Mens
- Saucony Mens DXN Vintage S70369-7 Suede Trainers
- White Patent Leather Over-The-Knee Boots, High-Heeled Large Size Side Zipper High Boots Waterproof Platform Round Head Anti-Skid Thigh Stretch Boots Comfortable Ladies Cotton shoes
- LINYI Womens Ladies High Heel Fashion Catwalk Stiletto Heels Sandals Party
- Gjsonmv Dog Illustration Puppy Animal Pattern mesh Lightweight shoes for Women Comfortable Sports Basketball Sneakers shoes
- Find. Women's Diagonal Weave Mule Sandal Black US 10
- AllhqFashion Women's Solid PU High-Heels Closed Round Toe Lace-up Pumps-shoes
- bluee FeiNianJSh Men's Genuine Leather Casual shoes Slip-On Driving Penny Loafers Suede Moccasins Boat shoes Up to Size 49 EU Large
- Skechers BOBS Plush Fall Delight Womens Slip On Flats
- Hoxekle Women Winter Faux Fur Snow Boots Plus Size Female Casual Platform Flat Lace Up Warm Mid Calf Boots Ladies Leisure
- Go-Go Boot Size 6-10 (6, purple) [Apparel]
- Peony red Summer Lady Runway Outside Sexy Slippers Women Luxury Crystal Rivet Square Toe Flat shoes Female Sandals
- York Zhu Women Boots,British Style Casual Boots Round Toe Suede Leather Short Ankle Boots
- Pierre Dumas Women's Ruth-2 Sandal
- Men's Martin Boot Genuine Leather Pointed Toe Work Outdoor Safety Desert shoes Casual Army Patrol High-Top Boots,Black,41
- Not Rated Womens Jurupa Riding Boot
- Snowman Lee Men's Leather Penny Loafers Breathable Slip-On shoes Fashion Casual Boat shoes
- Dig dog bone Men's Ankle Boots Casual Tie with Magic Button Fleece Lined Martin Boots(Conventional Optional)
- Adidas Women's NMD_CS2 PK W, Grey CORE Black CORE Black Wonder Pink
- Ferrini Womens Raider Western Boot
- ZHRUI Men shoes Fashion Casual Comfortable Leisure Breathable Footwear Running Sneakers (color 8506red, Size 7.5 UK)
- Portwest Workwear Mens 5CX Boot S3
- Dsx Men's shoes Leisure Wild Sports shoes Sneakers Autumn bluee White, white, EU42 UK8.5 CN43
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Spring Step Men Davide shoes color Black Leather shoes from New Balance Men's 373 V1 Athletic shoes Black was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Schutz Womens Zulia Dress Sandal to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Men's Casual shoes, Leather Deck shoes Outdoor Hiking shoes Fitness & Cross Training shoes Walking shoes Driving shoes (color Black, Size 44) of structured cabling, Gabor Women's Women's Amulet Wide Fit Sneaker, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Mens Leather Stylish Beach Flip Flops Sandals Adjustable Touch Fasten Comfort Breathable Sports Sandals Outdoor Leisure Slippers Strap Hiking Fisherman Casual Trend Cool shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Clarks - Rushway Mid GTX - 261378587As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting [email protected] Women's High Heels Rhinestones Pointy-Nosed Wedding Ball shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Azura Women's Leticia Wedge Platform Sandal Taupe Leather Size 40 M
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Via Spiga Women's Vadina Wedge Sandal illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Summer Women's Diamond Diamante Slipper Outdoor Party Toes Casual High Heels Slippers runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Mens Backpacking Boots Charming New England Style Genuine Leather Martin Boots Marten shoes Men Marten Designer Men Motorcycle Boots Size 37-45 that may be of interest to your District including:
- A2 By Aerosoles In Between Women US 6 Nude Flats, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Men's Leather Large Size Combat Boots 36-48 Snow Boots
- T-JULY Women Genuine Leather Winter shoes Natural Wool Boots Plush Ankle Boots Brand Female Platform Boots development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Men's Casual shoes Fashion Comfortable shoes Men Men's shoes Handmade Casual shoes (color Black, Size 46)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Munro Womens Jerrie Purple Suede - 6.5 Wof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Fergalicious Womens Daisy Closed Toe Ankle Strap Classic Pumps describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from XUJW-Sandals, Men's Summer Genuine Leather Beach Slippers Casual Breathable Non-Slip Soft Flat Sandals shoes Adjustable Backless,Perfect for The Beach Or Any Outdoor Scene. provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Vince Camuto Womens Vessinta Wedge SandalI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Silverletic Odorless Germ-Free Breathable shoes Unisex Light Weight Comfortable Slip-on Walking Sneaker Silver (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Cole Haan Womens Original Grand Open Toe Casual Strappy Sandals, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
U-lite Mens Cap Toe Brown Business DressOxford, Open Lace-up Vintiage Bred shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist