If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s shoes Men's Martin Boots Ankle Footwear Autumn and Winter Retro Casual Tooling Military Leather Boots Outdoor Non-Slip Fashion,Yellow-41 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Cougar Women's Totem Winter Boot, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Hi-Tec Mens Wild-Fire Low I Waterproof Walking shoes Taupe Dune Core gold Size UK 12 EU 46 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - SERGIO ROSSI Women's A77990MCAR021000 Black Leather Loafers
- Onewus Women Ankle Martin Boots
- Call It Spring Women's Edenarien Slide Sandal
- Women's Buckle Strap Block Heel Ankle Booties Motorcycle Boots
- Hoxekle Woman Winter Warm Snow Boots Faux Fur Waterproof Fashion Female Comfortable Anti Skid Outdoor Flat Ankle Boots
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Pawpaw Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- WeiPoot Women's Frosted Lace-up Round Closed Toe High-Heels Low-top Boots
- Women's shoes PU Summer Ankle Strap Comfort Sandals Walking shoes Wedge Heel Open Toe Buckle for Dress
- GIY Women's T-Strap Braid Flats Thong Slip-on Wedge Sandals shoes Summer Beach Flip Flop
- Rocky Men's 16 Inch Snake Hunting Boot
- AmoonyFashion Women's Low-Heels Pu Solid Buckle Open-Toe Sandals, BUTLS007276
- GO-SAMSARA heels Genuine Leather Pointed Toe Sandalias Women Sandals Size 34-43 LY424
- Sanita Wave Carbon in Fuchsia (Art 18020311)
- Converse Men's One Star Canvas OX
- BININBOX Men's Flip-Flops Flat Sandal Breathable shoes Slippers Rubber EVA Sole Red
- Nine West Womens Fault Pumps
- SeaVees Women's Sunset Velvet Crush Sneakers
- Marc Jacobs Womens Daisy Slip on Sneaker Sneaker
- Men's Casual Sandals Summer Leather Beach shoes Men Fashion Large Size 38-48 Beach Athletic Walking shoes (color Brown, Size 46)
- Girls Startrite Smart School shoes with Toe Bumper Princess Elza - Black Patent Leather - UK Size 2.5G - EU Size 35
- gold Women's Rome Hollow High Heel Sandals Shiny Rhinestone Alien High Heel Slippers Crystal Diamond Slippers
- JQfashion Ladies'High-Heeled shoes Painted Leather Single shoes Shallow Slim-Heeled Sexy Night Club
- LEDLFIE Men's Dress shoes Business Casual Breathable Fashion Work Lace-up
- JAZZ SHOES BEIGE SAUCONY S70246-8
- Nike Mens Dualtone Racer Mesh Black White Dark Grey Trainers 12 US
- BalaMasa Womens Comfort Solid Glitter Travel Urethane Pumps shoes APL10448
- So Danca Adult 1.5 Character shoes CH50
- Monie Women's Glitter Crystal Salsa Ballroom Tango Dance shoes 3 Inch Flare Heel Black
- LIURUIJIA Summer Genuine Leather shoes Women shoes Woman for Mom Women's Flats Comfortable Handmade Hole shoes5XX-51110
- Fashion Women's Flat Sandals Summer Casual Mesh Breathable shoes Ladies Thick Soled Lace Up shoes
- CYBLING Wedges Sneakers for Women, Fashion Platform High Heel Low-top Walking Sports shoes
- RHFDVGDS European style high with Martin in autumn and winter boots ladies thick waterproof boots round head rivet
- ISNOM STYLE AGIT 2019 Fashion Patent Leather Women Knee high Boots high Heel Side Zip Knee Boot Winter shoes Woman
- AllhqFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Imitated Suede Low-Top Solid Zipper Boots, FBUXD135265
- NAPAPIJRI FOOTWEAR Women’s Naomi Trainers
- Cobb Hill Rockport Women's Pamela-Ch Mary Jane Flat
- Prelesty Leather Casual Slip On shoes for Men Dress Crocodile Loafer Round Toe Comfortable
- Tredters Womens Anice Penny Loafer
- Berry White FOOTSELF Dunion Berry Women's Classic Comfortable Perforated Brogue Low Heels Casual Oxford Daily shoes
- Nocona Boots Women's Vintage Cow Deep Scallop Boot
- Frye Womens Sacha Moto Shortie Ankle Boot
- Puma Men's Future 19.4 Fg Ag Sneaker
- Skechers Men's Go Walk Cool-54651 Sneaker
- XUE Men'S shoes,Snow Boots,Fall Winter shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Casual Walking shoes,Comfort Snow shoes Platform shoes Bullock shoes,Home (color A, Size 42)
- WKNBEU Men's Army Riding Military Combat Black Cow Leather Boot Outdoor Trekking Long Boots Classic Non-Slip Waterproof Tall Horse Boots shoes
- Gaastra Men's Bayline PRS M Derbys
- DeePrint Funny 3D Animal Male Sneakers shoes Sport Safety shoes
- Tirahse Comfortable Women's Buckle Imitated Suede Pointed Closed Toe Low Heels Solid Pumps-shoes
- Anzhuangh Crossdresser Sexy 19cm High-Heeled shoes Woman Stiletto Patent Leather Serpentine Pumps
- Camping Tropical Summer Print With Exotic Leaves Beautiful Women Cool Sports Running shoes
- Purple Wisteria Plant Women's Lightweight Mesh Sneakers Designer Tennis shoes
- Cambridge Select Women's Thong Toe Clear Crystal Rhinestone Slip-On Flat Slide Sandal
- Capezio Girls Daisy - Fit Kit (205FK)
- Women's Fashion High Heel Sandal Open Toe Dress shoes Classic Ankle Strap Fur Pump Wedge
- T-JULY Women Boots PU Leather Flats Mid Calf Boots Winter Sexy shoes for Woman Fashion Lace Up Snow Boots
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This BONGZUO Chelsea Short Oxford Boots, Leather Winter Trends British Style Bullock Carved Men High Boots, YMX86-HX02 from Converse Womens Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Dip Dye Low Top Sneaker Sneaker was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Kenneth Cole New York Mens Randall Driver Driving Style Loafer to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Mizuno shoes Futsal Men Sala Premium in White Lime of structured cabling, Women's shoes Leather Spring & Fall Fashion Ankle Heel shoes Black Zipper Martin Boots Elastic Socks shoes Walking shoes (color Black, Size 37), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, ROMIKA Wendy 02 Ankle Boots in Ocean bluee, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Vince Camuto Women's Edora Fashion SandalsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Ben Sherman Men's Percy Suede Fashion Sneaker (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- [email protected] Women Flat Flat Metal Square Buckle Velvet Noodles Rough High Heel Dress Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Azura Women's Leticia Wedge Platform Sandal Taupe Leather Size 40 M illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The FOREVER VOGUE Multicolor High Heel shoes for Women - Comfort High Heel Platform Pumps - Red Denim Round Toe Stiletto Slip on Pumps runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Meet- fashion Patchwork Leather Suede Ankle Boots Sexy Pointed Toe Female shoes Woman Slip On Footwear that may be of interest to your District including:
- Men Martin Boots Chelsea Boots Round Toe Pure color British Style Carved Tall Bootie Business Casual Leather Boots EU Size 38-44, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Merrell Womens Tremblant Pull On Polar WTPF Ankle Boot
- T-JULY Fashion Women Thick High Heels Mid Calf Boots Pointed Toe Knitting Prom Ladies shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Lacoste Men's Misano Sport SneakerIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Sanita Womens Signature Pro. Puebla Clogof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools The Krafts Indian Ethnic Embroidered Jutti Mojari Ballet Flats Traditional Pump shoes for Women describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Real Spark Men's British Style Suede Leather Diving Car Flats Casual Slip-on Penny Loafers Boat shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Santimon Men's Genuine Leather Oxford Lace-up Business Formal shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its WeenFashion Women's Open Toe High-Heels Soft Material Solid Buckle Sandals (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by GAOY Mens Basketball shoes High Elastic Shock Sneakers Lightweight High Rise Gymnastics Boots Soft and Comfortable Sports shoes,Multi-colord-EU43 UK9 US1010.5, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Bar III Womens Hugo Fabric Low Top Slip On Fashion SneakersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist