If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Men's shoes Leather Winter New Snow Boots Cotton High-Top Outdoor Battle Boots Non-Slip Comfort Boots Outdoor Work & Safety Boots,Black,41 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Men's Leather Business Stripe Formal Dress Party Tuxedo Metal Toe Wedding shoes Size 38 to 46, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Seychelles Womens One of a Kind Platform at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Santoni Women's WDWL55469HX2RBGNN01 Black Leather Pumps
- Womens High-Heeled Pumps shoes Women Pumps Spring Autumn High Heels Pointed Toe Female Wedding shoes Sexy High Heel shoes for Women
- Shenn Women's Office & Career Stylish Suede Loafers shoes
- Avia Womens Avi-Union Strap Ii Food Service shoes
- Bon Soir Women's Closed Round Toe Buckled Ankle Strap Mid Heel Pump Party shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Watercolor Pineapples Slices Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Phil Betty Women's Pump，Fashion High Heel Summer Non-Slip Black Temperament Fish Mouth Pumps
- Cuckoo Womens Mesh Heeled Pumps Closed Round Toe Stiletto Heel Court shoes 13.5cm Heel Height
- Denim Black Leopard Ankle Boots Lace up Heels
- John Deere Men's 8 Brn Waterproof Steel Toe EH Farm Wrk LU Work Boot
- Slydes - SS18 Wings pink gold Women's Slider Sandals RRP 35
- Women Boots Thin Heels Winter Autumn High Heels Knee-high Boots Pointed Toe Elegant Style Ladies Boots
- ASICS Sneaker T875N-2090 AMPLICA pink
- Cambridge Select Women's 90s Glitter Ugly Dad Lace-Up Fashion Sneaker
- Rainbow Sandals Mens Mocca shoes - Expresso 13
- U-MAC Womens Fashion Bling-Full Rhinestone Strappy Block Heel Slides Wedding Prom Dress Sexy Sandals
- Wedopus MW661 Women's Peep Toe High Heels Platform Buckles Purple Satin Evening Party Prom Sandals
- Frye Womens Gwen Slide Mule
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Retro High-Top Martin Boots Men'S Casual Boots Autumn And Winter shoes
- ZHANGJIA Summer Men'S Sandals,43,Dark Brown 39915
- Beige MAYPIE Womens Toanecd Leather Zipper Ankle Boots
- 10 Pairs of Unisex Multicolor Fluffy Closed Toe Spa Slippers - One Size Fit Most Men and Women, Comfortable and Non-Slip - Perfect for Home, Hotel Or Commercial Use,Purple
- Base London Woburn, Men’s Oxford Lace-Up
- Steel Combat Boots Unisex Men's Ladies Leather Brown Vintage 15 Eyelets Army Punk Toe Cap
- Danner Men's Rivot TFX 8 Work Boot
- Ruiatoo Women Platform Slip On Loafers Comfort Genuine Suede with Tassel Wedge shoes Low Top Moccasins Deep bluee 36
- Crocs Unisex-Adult Bistro Gingham Mule
- Skechers Womens Plush - Go Fetch Ballet Flat
- New Summer High Heels shoes Woman Female Flock Straps Slingback Square Sandals Casual Wedding shoes Pumps
- Propet Women's Stability X Strap Sneaker
- Wallhewb Fashion Womens High Heel Over The Knee Riding Boots Easy to Clean Ladies Shaper Cut Womens Jeans Over The Knee No Griding Feet with Heel Back Long Boots Brown 5.5 M US Riding Boots
- KIM&ZOZI Women's Laver Fashion Sneaker
- Alpro Original Jolly Fashion PU Regular width, bluee M10 43,0
- Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply Women's Mattie Leather Boots [6M] [Black]
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointy Toe Block Heel Elegant Party Handmade Ankle Boot
- L'Artiste by Spring Step Womens Aradya Sandals
- Pour La Victoire Women's Elsie Bootie
- Fizik Tempo R5 Overcurve Cycling shoes, black-36
- Amber Kamik Women's Heidi Rain Boots
- Adidas Women's Superstar Slip On, CORE Black CORE Black Footwear White
- ATLANTIC STARS Woman's Sneaker Vega In Silver Lurex And Fabric
- JHHXW Casual shoes, trend men, sports shoes, breathable, wear-resistant, non-slip
- Hummel Unisex Adults’ Hb Team Low-Top Sneakers
- Steve Madden Men's Luthur Fabric Ankle-High Flat shoes
- LXLA- Men's Comfortable Slip-On Casual Leather shoes Mens Soft Sole Suture shoes for Men (color BROWN, Size 9 US 8 UK)
- Nike PG 2.5 Mens Fashion-Sneakers BQ8452-401_8.5 - Racer bluee Racer bluee-White
- Hjkggd fgfds Casual French Bulldog Sunflowers Pattern Womens Ladies Canvas shoes
- Robert Westbrook Women Sandals Gadiator Sandals Women Summer Platform Sandals High Heels Female Cutout Pink Ladies shoes
- Super frist Women's Ankle Boots Suede Flat Boots Warm Waterproof Winter Boots Martin Boots
- CYBLING Women Wedges Slides Platform Sandals Open Toe Faux Suede Anti-Slip Slippers
- Efbj Black Leaves Unisex Comfortable High Top Canvas shoes Sneakers for Men and Women
- Abby FHL002 Womens Closed Round Toe Sheepskin Buckle Mary Jane Ballroom Block Heel Dignified Modern Leisure Square Dance shoes Lightweight Charm
- Shopkins Little Girls Wedge Flip Flop Sandals (Small (11 12), Lippy Lips)
- INC International Concepts Womens Linaa Fabric Split Toe, Pearl gold, Size 5.0
- FSJ Women Faux Suede T Strap Sandals Closed Toe Low Heel Pumps Stiletto Buckle shoes Size 4-15 US
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Geox Men's Shark A Suede Mocassin Moccasins from PUMA Mens 917 Fun Walking shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Diesel Mens Black Bikkren Rikklub Trainers-UK 7.5 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Cordova Safety Products BST-14 Steel Shank Rubber Steel Toe Boot, Cotton Lined Black, Size 14 of structured cabling, Hot Chocolate Design Chocolaticas Petunia Women's Mary Jane Flat, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Adidas Copa 19.3 Turf shoes Kid's Soccer 12K Off White-Solar Red-White, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
CALTO Men's Invisible Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Black Suede Leather Lace-up Lightweight Trainer Sneakers - T91702-3.2 Inches TallerAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Columbia Men's Bugaboot Plus III Oh Wide Cold Weather Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heel Buckle Elegant Handmade Dress Fashion Boots New Arrival
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Blondo Women's VARCITI Ankle Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The HUAWELL Pair Climbers,H Shape Steel Structure Climbing shoes Climbing H Steel & Cement Pole use in Construction Industry (Red) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heel Handmade Sexy Ankle Boot Large Size that may be of interest to your District including:
- INC International Co Makera Women US 8 Black Wedge Sandal, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- GN Black Men's Height Increasing Light Weight Casual Sport shoes Taller 2.36 inches
- Merrell Women's Ceylon Ballet Flat development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Nine Seven Cow Leather Women's Pointed Toe Block Heel Casual Work Handmade Comfort Ankle BootIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Men's Boots, Fall Winter Leather Martin Boots Outdoor Boots Plus Velvet Walking Boot Hiking Boot Warm Cotton shoes High Boots Comfortable Running Boot XUE (color B, Size 44)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Phil Betty Mens Booties Autumn Winter Warm Non-Slip Lace Up Round-Toe Big Size Cotton shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Maripé Women’s 27504 Slip On Trainers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Dig dog bone Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Classic Low Top Comfortable Big Size Formal shoes(Warm Velvet Optional)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its BalaMasa Womens Solid Platform Spikes Stilettos Urethane Boots ABL12083 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by INMONARCH Mens White Wedding shoes Checks Prined MJ017012, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Kenneth Cole Men's Noble Man Black Ankle-High Leather Oxford shoes - 9.5MDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist