If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Mens Walking shoes Lightweight Hiking shoes Breathable Lace Up Outdoor shoes for Trekking & Hiking Waterproof High Rise Hiking shoes,C,44 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Nike Women's Viale Running shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Men's Perforated Breathable Penny Loafers Summer Genuine Leather Business Dress Wedding Casual shoes Anti-Slip Flat Slip-on (color Yellowish brownperforated, Size 8.5 D(M) US) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Hogan Women's HXW2220N622CRQ896B bluee Leather Sneakers
- Foot Correction Sandals Summer Women shoes Flat Sole Patent Leather Slippers Non Slip Wear Resistant Comfortable Slippers for Orthopedic Big Toe Bone Correction Beach Travel Silver
- Nafanio Hotel Club Supplies Slippers Portable Thick Sole Not Disposable Home Guest White shoes 3Pairs
- CYBLING Fashion Comfort Women Slip On Loafers shoes for Outdoor Casual Walking Soft Soled Flats
- Amiana Women's 12-137014 Platform Pump
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women Fencing Swordsmanship Honor
- PUMA Womens Nrgy Neko Sport Sneaker
- Summer-lavender Lacing Mid Calf Leather shoes Women Vulcanize shoes Sneakers High Heels Platform shoes 2018
- Steel Combat Boots Unisex Men's Ladies Leather bluee Rub Off Union Jack Flag 6 Eyelets Army Punk Toe Cap
- Adidas Men's Marathon Tech Pink Grey G27417
- WESER Zebra Head Pink Background Gym Ladies Jogging shoes NMD
- AllhqFashion Women's Round Peep Toe Kitten Heels Sheepskin Solid Sandals with Chunky Heels
- GEORPE Thigh High Suede Over The Knee Boots High Heel Party Wedding Long shoes
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Low Kitten Heel Cute Handmade Concise Slip On Women Dress Pumps with Pearl
- Franco Sarto Women's Darlis Dress Pump
- Adidas Men's CF Refresh Mid Basketball shoes, scarlet white white, 2 M US
- Demonia DEMONIAW Womens KERA-50 B Boots
- Wallstreet shoes '' Stairway to Heaven '' Pure Leather Slip ons Tussle shoes 41-46(European) CDN 175.00 Brown
- Seychelles Women's Dwelling Ankle Bootie, Taupe Leather
- XUE 2018 New Men's shoes Sandals Microfiber Spring Summer Microfiber Breathable Loafers & Slip-ONS shoes Driving shoes Casual Loafer Beach shoes Black
- Dk Tan Leather Aerosoles Womens Up High Pump
- SCSY-Oxford shoes Fashion Men's PU Leather Block Heel shoes Snake Skin Texture Upper Loafers Slip-on Lined Oxfords
- Ralph Lauren Men's Polo Mason Ii Gen Suede Moccasin
- Sneaker Saucony Jazz Low Pro bluee
- Isotoner Men's Whipstitch Gel Infused Memory Foam Moccasin
- Peony red Women Sandals PVC Crystal Heel Transparent Women Sexy Clear High Heels Summer Sandals Pumps shoes Size 41 42
- Gracosy Flat Sandals, Women's Summer Sandal Comfort Gladiator Flat shoes Beach Thong Sandals Flip Flops
- Hanglin Trade Fashion Bow Pointed Toe Women Flats Woman Flat shoes Ballet Flats for Ladies
- SoftMoc Women's Carred 3 Rabbit Fur Moccasin
- Softspots Womens Salude Closed Toe Mary Jane Pumps
- Womens Ankle Martin Boots Lace up Zipper Booties Slip on Office shoes for Autumn
- SEERTED Fresh Lemon orange Fruits Canvas Sneakers for Women
- Roxy Womens Olena Multi Strap Sandals Slide Sandal
- Converse Men's Chuck Taylor All Star Core Ox Charcoal Sneaker Men's 7.5 (10 US Men 12 US Women, Black)
- T-JULY Women's Cool Riding Motorcycle Boots Low Square Heel Platform Buckle Autumn Winter Slip On Knee shoes
- Adidas Maduro Running Women's shoes Size White Silver Grey
- Men's shoes Spring Fall Platform shoes, Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Hair Stylist Nightclub,Personality Night Club Stage Comfortable for Wedding Party & Evening (color B, Size 40)
- Women pink Crystal Sandals Flip Flop Peep Toe High Heel Transparent Shiny shoes Stilettos Ladies Fashion Pumps Ankle Strap Heel Wedding Party 15Cm
- Hiitave Unisex Trail Running Barefoot shoes Lightweight Gym Athletic Walking shoes for Outdoor Sports Cross Trainer
- Durango Men's DDB0081 Western Boot
- Adidas Women's Swift Run Primeknit Red Knit CQ2035 (Size 5.5)
- WDDGPZYDX Fashion Style adult Non-slip Comfortable Casual shoes Men Breathable sneakers Size 39-44 Men's shoes
- Male Combat Boot Outdoor High Tops Lace Ups Army Military Desert Boots For Men Mountaineering Walking shoes Special Forces Boot
- Madden Men's M-brix Ankle Boot
- Shukun Men's boots Martin Boots Men'S Autumn And Winter Boots Retro Pu Wild Desert Tooling Outdoor Military Boots
- Nike AIR More Uptempo '96 Men's Sneaker 921948-003
- Tan Pu Cambridge Select Women's Back Corset Lace Strappy Buckle Riding Knee-High Boot
- Lucksender Womens Fashion Closed Round Toe High Heel Wedge Soft Material PU Leopard Pumps with Metal Chain
- [email protected] Women's Cartoon Fashion Cotton Slippers Indoor Warmth Slippers
- Fly-consciousness Spring Sandals Top Layer Leather T-Shaped Buckle with Rhinestones Sandals T-Belt (Instep)
- WeenFashion Women'sSpikes-Stilettos Pu Solid Zipper Pumps-shoes
- Chase & Chloe Kona-2 Women's Round Toe Mid Heel Mary Jane Pump (10 M US, Red Patent)
- KR Strikeforce Ladies Capri Lite Bowling shoes- White bluee
- Converse All Star Specialty Hi Charcoal Womens Trainers Size 9 US
- Earsoon Loafers for Women shoes Leather - 2018 Summer Slip on Loafers Ladies Comfy
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Adidas Mens Grand Court shoes Tennis from Steve Madden Womens Java Ankle Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Fresh Hi Sneakers, Back Alley Brick White, 10 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust TOTO - H35011 - 3.2 Inches Taller - Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Black Suede Ankle Boots of structured cabling, Men Leather Flats shoes Slippers Summer Hollow Breathable Slippers Daily Casual Japanese Slippers White Black bluee, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 92 PRM, Black Metallic Silver - Wolf - Grey, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Men's Formal Leather shoes, Newest Business shoes Fashion Casual Korean Version Footwear British Large Size shoes (color Black, Size 41)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Men's Fashion Design Soft Casual Moccasins Slip On Driving Loafer Slipper (color Yellow Brown Hollow Vamp, Size 11 D(M) US) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Clarks - Gilmore Limit - 26133902
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This MNX15 Men's Elevator shoes Height Increase 3.1 MAX White Wedge Sneakers High Heel Sneakers illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Men's Fashion Design Soft Casual Moccasins Slip On Driving Loafer Slipper (color Dark Brown Hollow Vamp, Size 11.5 D(M) US) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide BONGZUO Hand-Knitted Leather Oxford shoes, England Business Dress Square Head Derby shoes Top Layer Cowhide European Version Outer Ear Type Men shoes, YMD86-5314 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Blondo Womens Meggy Waterproof Snow Boot, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Adidas outdoor Mens Terrex Ax2 Cp Hiking Boot
- V12 Men's Tornado Safety Trainers VX004 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Men's Sneakers Spring Fall Mountaineer shoes Hiking Waterproof, Martin Style，Tooling Boots, Anti-Slip, High-Top Sneakers，Studded shoes，Martin Style，England (color A, Size 40)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Nike - JR Tiempo Legend VII FGof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Lacoste Men's Ampthill 119 1 Mid Fashion Sneaker provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Cobb Hill Womens Hollywood 2 Piece Cuff SandalI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its MUMUWU Men's Fashion Ankle Work Boot Casual Comfort Classic winter Fleece Inside Warm High Top Boot Winter (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Dig dog bone Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Soft Aseismatic Light Belt Outsole Formal shoes(Warm Velvet Optional), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
BRIMARTS Oxfords-shoes Mens Leather BeigeDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist