If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Ted Baker Womens Savei Lthr Af Oriental Blossom Pump allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop MedzRE Men's Formal Wedding Deryby shoes in Leather, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Tinpia Summer Cool Men Slippers Sandals Beach Slippers Comfortable Fashion Slippers Men Flip Flops Men shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Granite Azzura Snake Print Leather Vince Women's Blair 5 Fashion Sneaker
- Summer chunky tassel shoes Leisure Joker shoes
- Smilice Women Velvet Fashion Mid-Calf Boots
- Festooning Men's Slip On Coral Fleece Slipper
- Crystal High Heels Elegant Slingback Rhinestones Women Pumps Wedding Bridal shoes,gold,6.5
- Wanted shoes Women's Jellypop Jelly Sandal White
- Ladies Women MID Heel Boots Heels Fashion Slim Calf Boots 2018 Winter New Short Boots Studded Simple Elastic Cloth Ankle Boots
- Qupid NEUTRAL-02 Women's Cut-Out High Heel Mary Jane Platform Stiletto Pumps
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Womens Sawyer 4 Motorcycle Boot
- Caterpillar CAT Stat P722336 Leather Sneakers Casual Trainers shoes Mens New P722336 Cloudburst
- Fashion shoes Woman Increased High Heels Spring Breathable Comfortable Women Sneakers Wedges Casual shoes
- Womens High Heel Suede Summer Sandals Ladies Stilettos Heel Peep Toe Evening Party Prom shoes
- FLY London Women's Yech189 Leather Open Toe Sandals
- Happy Feet Men's and Womens Officially Licensed NCAA College Sneaker Slippers
- XXHDYR Women's Pointed Shallow Mouth Flat Casual shoes Rivet Fashion T Word with Punk Women's shoes Fashion with Single shoes Women's shoes Women's shoes (color White, Size 39 EU)
- GouuoHi Men Slipper Men's Cotton Slippers Home Warm in Autumn and Winter Solid color Ears Decorative Cute Super Warm Plush Wild Cotton Slippers
- Gailongjunnvxie GLJXG Womens Ladies Stiletto Heel Sandals\ Ankle Strap Sandals\ Open-Toe Hollow Sandals\ Summer Fashion Sandals
- INC International Co Eloraa Women US 9.5 Black Heels
- Unstitched Utilities Men's Next Day Fashion Sneaker
- YAYADI Men Running shoes Trendy Breathable Sports Man Sneakers Mesh Walking shoes Jogging Fitness shoes Lightweight
- Black Dark Grey Cool Grey White Nike Pro Combat Hyperwarm Compression Mock Top
- DoraTasia Women's Faux Suede High Chunky Block Heel Platform Belt Buckle Pumps Size US
- Joma Football shoes TOP Flex Indoor 933 Navy-RED Calcetto Scarpa
- Cotswold Mens Birdlip Waterproof Touch Fasten shoes
- Muck Boots Woody Arctic Ice Extreme Conditions Men's Winter Hunting Boot With Arctic Grip Outsole
- NIGHT CHERRY Women Block Heel Over The Knee Boots Pull On
- Blossom Field 14 Women's Strappy Open Toe Crystal Wedges
- AN Womens Chunky Heels Platform Zipper Leather Boots DKU02152
- AdeeSu Womens Chunky Heels Platform Assorted colors Urethane Boots SXC03236
- Cotswold Womens Swinbrook Sandal Grey Aqua Size UK 4 EU 37
- TARSHIN Single shoes Spring and Summer Mesh shoes Women's shoes Flat Boots
- DoraTasia Velvet Star Rivets Decoration Thick Heel Women's Platform Knee High Boots
- CINAK Women's Flats Comfort Ballet Walking Driving Breath Round Perforated Slip on shoes
- Women Platform High Heel Sandals T-Strap Bow Tie Ladies Sweet shoes Sexy Party Dress Footwear
- Bearpaw Men's Dominic Suede, Sheepskin Fur, Wool Waterproof Boots
- Ellie shoes E-557-Lucky 5 Chunky Heel Green Glitter Maryjane Green 12
- Men's Work Boots Leisure Classic Genuine Leather Casual Breathable Loafers Low Top Lace Up Round Toe (color Yellowish-Brown, Size 8.5 D(M) US)
- Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Chunky Heel Round Toe Full Zip Knee High Boots - Handmade Casual Winter Riding Boots
- Red-Snake CAITLIN-PAN Womens 12cm High Heels Pointed Toe Slip On Stilettos Leather Party Dress Pumps Size 5-15 US
- Hi-Tec Altitude VI I Waterproof Women's Walking Boots - SS19
- Adidas - NMD CS1 PK - AQ0948
- Lvjuzhuangshieur Men's OX Leather Driving Loafers Boat Moccasins Slip-on Style Lightweight Flexible
- Hetai Men's Oxfords Leisure Loafers Round Toe Casual Flat Penny shoes Leather Upper Slip On Walking Driving shoes Lightweight
- Bostonian Men's Dezmin Plain Oxford
- Men's shoes Autumn Casual shoes Men Non-slip Lace Daddy shoes
- Testosterone Men's Drag NET Lace Up Oxford shoes
- Threeflower Slippers High Heels PVC Women Peep Toe Ladies Flip Flops Summer Mules Casual Sandals Stiletto shoes
- Fleet & Foster Womens Canary Summer shoes Grey Size UK 3 EU 36
- Owen Moll Women Black Flats, Pointed Toe Square Heel Bow Slip-On Dress shoes
- PUMA Shintai Runner Womens Running Sneakers - shoes
- Rafters Womens Breeze Leather Flip Flop
- Vans Unisex Adults’ Authentic Slippers
- T-JULY Women's Loafers shoes Fashion Slip On Pointed Toe High Heel Suede Two Tone Modern Penny
- Buteri Vintage Flag Slippers Country Flag Watercolor Non-Slip Quick-Drying Slippers for Womens
- Donald J Pliner Women's Gali
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Side Zip Handmade Basic Designed Ankle Boots from Charles by Charles David Womens Greensbgold Dress Sandal was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Rieker Women's M5212 Trainers, White to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust NXY Men's Metallic Textured Glitter Loafers shoes of structured cabling, Flexible Japanese Geta Sandal By Drill Design - Grey, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Olukai Hokua Sandals (Men's) 8 Onyx, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Adidas Harden Vol. 2 Concrete shoes Men's BasketballAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Square Toe Ankle Booties - Handmade Chunky Mid Heel Side Zipper Comfortable Walking Boots (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Women's Ankle Boots Leather Winter Fashion Boots Boots Square Toe Mid-Calf Boots Zipper Black (color Black, Size 36)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Lady Slippers Ladies Casual Slippers at Home Retro Floral Printed Pattern Elegance Fresh Pastoral Gilish Basic Toung Style Indoor Flip Flops illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The UNICOO - Women's Winter Waterproof Fur Lined Frosty Snow Boots, Women Aspen Winter Boots runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide ASICS Men's Gel-Precision TR Cross-Training shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Female Super High Thin Heel Sexy Over-The-Knee Long Boots Fashion Solid Zipper Ladies Stiletto Leather shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Round Toe Flat Heel Slip On Comfort Handmade Ankle Booties
- Topo Athletic Women's FLI-Lyte 3 Road Running shoes, Aqua Yellow, Size 12 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
CASSOCK Ladies Classic Over-Knee Boots Platform Round-Toe Winter Boots High Heel Thigh-high Boots shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Stacy Adams Forest Men's Oxfordof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools ECCO shoes Women's Gillian Lace Fashion Sneakers, Moon, 37 EU 6.5-7 M US describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from André Assous Womens Noelle Slide Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Women's Plus Velvet Snow Boots, Leather Fur Short Boots, Thicker Winter Frosted Cotton shoes Black, GreyI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its DANIELE ALESSANDRINI MAGLIA GIRO PRINT SFILATA FM51280P3005 grey (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Sbicca Women's Wyoming Snow Boot, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Men's shoes Leather 2018 New Martin Boots Rubber Sole Comfort Loafers Dress shoes Wedding Casual Party & Evening Outdoor,A,46Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist