If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Kenneth Cole New York Womens Rory Western Style Bootie Western Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Kenneth Cole New York Womens Shea Pointy-Toe Kitten Heeled Loafer Pump, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new WHL.LL Lady's Transparent Buckle Open Toe Sandals Roman Personality Gladiator high Heels Travel Beach shoes (Heel Height 12cm) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- orange JOYBI Womens Square Heels Strappy Sandals Summer Cross-Strap Lace-Up Flock Comfortable Non-Slip Sandal shoes
- GIY Women's Bohemian T-Strap Thong Sandals with Bow Comfort Summer Glitter Rhinestone Flip Flop Flat shoes
- Fergalicious Womens Ghandi Ankle Bootie
- KemeKiss Men High Top Combat Boots
- WeenFashion Women's Round Closed Toe PU Pull-on High-heels Knee-high Boots
- New Balance Men's Vado V1 Fresh Foam Cross Trainer
- Hey Dude Mens 150144301 Loafers
- Adidas Stan Smith Men's Casual Sneakers
- Cole Haan Men's Aiden Grand Penny II C22771 British Tan
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women Jamaica Resta Reggae Lion King
- SOFIE MARTIN Attractive Women Canvas shoes for Womens Skidproof shoes
- Btrada Women's Rhinestone Flip Flops Wedge Platform shoes Female Beach Casual Playing Slippers Sandal
- RHFDVGDS warm winter boots Ms tube in high heel platform boots high boots Smart wear women's boots
- Women's Ankle High Combat Hiking Boots Waterproof Boot Thick Ankle Boots Frosted Leather Boots British Style of Women's wear Rhubarb Boots Military Boots
- NJPU Women Chunky High Heel Pumps Ankle Strap Open Toe Sandals Evening Dress Dance shoes with Bow
- Steve Madden Womens 'Olivee' Knee-High Boot
- Party Party SERA7012 Comfort Evening Dress Pump, Wedding shoes Women Ballroom Dance shoes High-Medium Heel, Salsa, Tango, Latin, Swing Salsa Tango Swing Latin
- Nike Men's Jordan Grind Wolf Grey White - Valor bluee 10.5M
- TYPOST Men's Winter Warm Sneakers Fashion Casual Non Slip Running Sports shoes
- Women's Latin shoes Ballroom shoes Leatherette Heel Buckle Stiletto Heel Dance shoes Party & Evening (color C, Size 40)
- Women's high Heel Sandals, Black Thick high Heel - Sandals - Dinner shoes - Wedding shoes Fashion shoes (Super high with 8CM or More)
- HRN Men's sandals leather + mesh low cut breathable hiking shoes non-slip wear-resistant shock sneakers outdoor
- Fuxitoggo Men's Fashionable Ankle Boots, Casual OX Leather Lace Up Round Toe Work shoes (color Brown, Size 35 EU) (color Black, Size 37 EU)
- Karhu Men's Trainers Grey Grey
- Emerald Velvet Sam Edelman Women's Loriane Loafer Flats
- New Summer womenmps Pointed Toe Leather Stiletto high Heels Wedding shoes Woman,Purple,14
- COSDN Womens Mens Breathable Mesh Tennis Athletic Fashion Sneakers Walking Road Running shoes
- Sunlome Skulls and pinks Print Women's Leather Tote Shoulder Bags Handbags
- Nike Air Max Flair 50 Mens AA3824-600
- Salomon Men's X Ultra MID 2 Spikes GTX Snow Boot
- BMTH Kid's Girls Round Toe Low Heel Combat Boots Winter Waterproof Mid Calf Buckle Riding Warm Snow Boots(Toddler Little Kid Big Kid)
- AN Womens Tassels Metal Buckles Urethane Boots DKU02402
- HUAN Women's shoes Tulle Summer Breathable Healthy Step Mom shoes Non-Slip Flat Loafers Middle-Aged Walking shoes
- Vince Womens Garrison Slide Slide Sandal
- TNTN Outdoor Winter High Snow Country Thickened Wool Warm Cashmere shoes Cotton Boots for Women and Men Waterproof Snow Sking
- Womens shoes Chunky Heel Mid-Calf Boots Ladies Fall Winter Warm Ankle Boot shoes Black
- Joogo Pointed Toe Back Zipper Fringe Lace Up High Slim Stiletto Ankle Boots Black Camel Suede
- RJ'S FUZZIES Sheepskin Chestnut Womens Flip Flops
- Adidas Men's Cloudfoam Refresh Mid Basketball shoes
- Babolat Mens Pulsion Cushioned Supportive All Court Tennis shoes
- Laura Vita Anna 01 Womens Chelsea Boots
- Bos & Co Womens Belfield
- Walking Cradles Womens Orleans Black Perforated Nubuck 9.5 M (B)
- Zxcvb Men's Walking Sneakers Travel Casual Waterproof Lightweight Running Outdoor Athletic Hiking Brown shoes
- Merrell Men's Hydro Moc Water shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This TSIODFO Men Leather Driving shoes Fashion Slippers Casual Slip on Walking Loafers shoes Summer bluee Size 9.5 (932-bluee-43) from Syktkmx Womens Espadrilles Lace Up Flat Platform Ankle Strap Wrap Summer D'Orsay Sandals was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nike Men's Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Essential Running shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust WeiPoot Women's Blend Materials Assorted color Closed-Toe Boots with Rough Heels of structured cabling, Baretraps Jenifer Women's Sandals & Flip Flops, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Henderson Thermoprene Low 3mm Tropic Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
[email protected] Women's High Heels Spring Wild Fine with The Tip of The Hollow Word Buckle Baotou Dance SandalsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting J Slides Womens Accent Fashion Sneaker (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- shoesmaker's heart Europe and The United States color Diamond High Heels Bride Wedding shoes Korean Restaurant Super Flash shoes Party Single shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This OOFOS Women's Ooriginal Thong Flip Flop illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The MINIVOG Women's Fashion Lace-up Floral Print Leather Platform Oxfords shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Jazame Men's Vintage Plaid Wing Tip Oxford Formal Ankle shoes Lace Up Dress Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- Inov-8 Men's Terraclaw 220 Trail Running shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens Lourie Sneaker
- Hush Puppies Womens AIDI Mocc Slipon Ballet Flat development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Cole Haan Womens Avani Leather Block Heel Dress SandalsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women's shoes Leather Summer Fall Comfort Sandals High-Grade Crystal Female Sandals Stiletto Heel Platform Rhinestone for Wedding Dress Party & Eveningof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Gerry Weber Women Flat Slipper White, (black-Kombi) G32164875 101 describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Vayarta Womens Unisex Slip On Loafer Tile, Sienna 9.5, 10 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Nike Zoom Fly Mens 880848-009 WhiteI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its GouuoHi Womens Slippers Men's Home Cotton Slippers Indoor Slippery and Warm Casual Daily Stylish Printing Pattern Wear-Resistant Non-Slip Breathable Slippers (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Women Ladies Calf Biker Boots，Lace-up Casual Boots Leather Fleece Lined Snow Winter Waterproof Hiking Durable Ankle Boots Fur One Snow Boots, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Winter Women Over The Knee Boots Rhinestone Thick High Heels Nubuck Faux Leather Thigh High Long Boots shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist