If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Reebok Women's R Crossfit Nano 8.0 Sneaker allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Bare Traps Womens Polina Leather Low Top Slip On Walking, Mushroom, Size 8.5, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Charles by Charles David Women's Delicious 2 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Leather Sam Edelman Womens Prina Knee High Boot
- DoraTasia Women's Sexy Pearls Metal Pendant Platform Pointed Toe Mid Chunky Heel Ankle Boots
- Ladies Sexy Sandals shoes Woman shoes De Women‘S Snake Pattern Stiletto High Heels Roman shoes Cross-Strap Sandals
- AmoonyFashion Women's Pull-On Kitten-Heels Frosted Solid Pointed-Toe Pumps-shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Blend Materials Spikes-stilettos Round-toe Boots with Embroidered and Lace Ornament
- Summer Fresh Yellow Watermelon Women's Lightweight Mesh Volleyball Sneakers Hunting Gym shoes
- MINIKATA Women Suede Ankle Boots Western Boots Warm Martin shoes Winter Flat Snow Boots
- Cambridge Select Women's Pointed Toe Open Shank Low Heel Shootie Ankle Bootie
- SAMSAY Women's Low Heels Open Toe Ankle Strap Stiletto Pumps Dress Sandals
- ZHIJINLI Small white shoes running shoes training shoes fitness shoes sports shoes breathable and comfortable, 38.5EU
- WENJUN Small Fresh High Heels Female Pointed Fine with Wild Shallow Princess Sweet Girl One Word Buckle Sexy (color Red with Height 10cm, Size 39)
- Original Intention Fashion Woman Ankle Boots Platform Round Toe High Heel Boots Black shoes for Woman
- GLOBALWIN Women's 18YY06 Black Fashion Boots 7.5M
- TONGPU Womens Waterproof Fashion Rain Duck Boots
- greyport Men’s Crieff High Rise Chelsea Boots
- T-JULY Women Boots Popular Fashion Lace up Ladies shoes Thick High Heels Round Toe Platform PU Soft Leather Mid Calf Boots
- Leather Men's Casual shoes Crocodile Pattern Dress Low Men's shoes (color Dark Brown, Size 41)
- Adidas - Predator LZ TRX FG
- Jomos Carrera, Men’s Oxford Lace-Up
- Men's shoes Feifei Summer Leisure Movement Breathable Running shoes 3 colors(Size Multiple Choice) (color 01, Size EU43 UK9 CN44)
- Black AnMengXinLing Ankle Boot Women Block High Heel Platform Genuine Leather Pointed Toe Back Zipper Dress Flower Chelsea Booties
- SunMMan Women's Lace Bridal High Heel Platform Peep Toe Satin Lace Elegant Lady
- Adidas Eqt Support Adv, Men’s Fitness shoes
- Rockport Mens Jaxson Cap Toe
- Justin Original Work Boots Men's Double Comfort 4760 Work Boot
- Brilliant sun Women Ladies Rumba Waltz Prom Ballroom Latin Salsa Dancing shoes Sandals
- Hoxekle Woman Fashion Ankle Boots Lace Up Round Toe Plush Lining Winter Warm Flat Antislip Female Ourdoor Snow shoes
- Funtasma Women's Twinkle 18G TE Peep-Toe Pump
- WeenFashion Women's PU Ankle-high Solid Lace-up Kitten-Heels Boots
- A-LING Women's Cotton shoes Side Zipper Leather Warm Martin Boots
- 200694 Kids Electro II MJ PS Neon Purple Ultrapurple 5C5
- Spring and Summer New Girls High Heels Net Red Bed Fairy Wind Sexy Pink Wild Single shoes Pumps Women shoes
- Jiang Women's shoes Casual shoes Spring New Flat Sneakers,Academy Breathable Lace-up Deck shoes Sneakers
- Spring Step Professional Womens Ferrara Work shoes
- Reebok Work Womens All Terrain Work
- LACROSSE Men's 5 Premium Two-Buckle Overshoe
- Adidas New Men& 39;s 11.5 Excelsior 6 Low Baseball Cleat White Black Metal Cleats
- Adidas Men's Pureboost DPR LTD, White Black Vapour bluee, 12 M US
- Black, concord-white Jordan Air Jordan 11 Retro Low Big Kids
- Nike Women's Md Runner 2 Running shoes
- Dancine Multi-Function Heeled Sandals,Wedding Ballroom Latin Salsa Tango Dance shoes.Patent Rubber Sole
- LOVDRAM Men's shoes New Four Seasons Men'S Casual shoes Matte Men'S Fashion shoes Extra Large Code 45-46-47-48
- Clarks 124467 Classic shoes Man
- Rockport Men's Slayter Apron Toe Derbys
- Dunlop Acifort A442631.TW Heavy Duty Men Safety Thigh Wader Steel Toe Cap S5 SRA
- black (Black .25y) Pantofola d'gold Men's Ponzano men High Chukka Boots
- WXMDDN Spring Sweet Flat Square Head Student Bow Single shoes Female
- Rongzhi Womens Ankle Boots Lace Up Zip Stilettos Pointed Toe Suede Booties Heels Pumps Black
- AI BAO Women Summer Vintage Letters Portable Party Bag Handbag Shiny Face Fashion Shoulder Messenger Bag Fairy Bag Green
- Sernfinjdr Women's Pride Rainbow cat Casual Canvas Slip on shoes Lightweight Running Sneakers
- Cartoon Cute Cats Faces bluee Background Women's Lightweight Mesh Basketball Sneakers Casual Basketball shoes
- The Fix Womens Zaylie Scrunch Loafer Ballet Flat
- Shower Slippers， Acupressure Slippers, Health Care Indoor Pedicure Massage Home Slippers EVA Plastic Velcro Design (color bluee, Size 37eu)
- Women's Fashion Pointed Toe Ballet Flats Ladies Working Walking shoes Strap Buckle Low-heeleLoafers
- Skechers Women's Empire - Heart to Heart Sneakers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Dr Martens Womens Black Virginia Polley shoes from ARA Womens Kiera Penny Loafer was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Creative Recreation Mens Scafati Fashion Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust European and American Ladies' Rivets Single shoes Foreign Trade color Nails Clasp Pointed Flat shoes of structured cabling, Ladies Booties,Round Head Martin Boots Fall Winter Leather Thick Heel Low-Heel Lace-up Waterproof Platform Women's Fashion Boots (color B, Size 36), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, FLYSXP Pumps High Heels Women's Diamonds Pointed Serpentine Fine Wedding Wedding Bridal Evening Dresses Women's shoes (Size 5.5 US), and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
French Sole FS NY Womens Terrazzo2 PlatformAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting UNIONBAY Men Jackson High Top Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Women's Fashion Boots Leather Fall Minimalism Boots Chunky Heel Round Toe Mid-Calf Boots Black (color Black, Size 36)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Sperry Top-Sider gold Cup Captain's Crepe Suede Oxford illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The New Balance Mrl996 Unisex Suede Leather Trainers 7-12.5 Brown runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Dr. Brinkmann Herren-Pantolette blue 600409-5 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Adidas Performance Mens Predator Malice Control FG Rugby Boots - 11.5 bluee, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- GIANNI MARRA Boots Womens Leather Beige
- Pierre Dumas Women's Tall Side Lace Harness Riding Boots with Inside Zipper Barcelona-2(89828) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
GouuoHi Men Slipper Men's Casual Sandals in Autumn and Winter Indoor Slip Warm Linen Slipper Stripe Soild color Personality BeigeIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the ZC Unisex Steel Toe Work shoes Industrial&Construction shoes for man Puncture Proof Safety shoes for womenof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Boom-moon Sandals Super High Basic Party Zip Sandals Women describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Crocs Women's Busy Day Heathered Flat provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
KEEN Utility Women's Detroit Low Steel Toe Work shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Redden Driving Style Loafer (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Gant - Alma - 15541051G00, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Nike Women's Sock Dart SE Running shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist