If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Ollio Women's shoes Faux Suede Back Zip Up Stacked High Heel Tassel Ankle Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Very Fine Women's Salsa Ballroom Tango Latin Dance shoes Style 2707 Bundle with Plastic Dance shoes Heel Predectors, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Melissa Desert Boot Python + Baja East, US Size 6 Black at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Pleaser Womens FLAMINGO-808HP-2 C B-SHG Sandals
- CITYCLASSIFIED City Classified NASA Comfort Womens Strappy Rhinestone Open Toe Low Heel Heeled-Sandals,Silver N,8.5
- High-Heeled shoes Female 2019 Spring New Korean Version of The Pointed Shallow Mouth Women's shoes Fashion Sexy Stiletto shoes Large Size Commuter shoes (color Black, Size 39)
- Steve Madden Mens Noris Loafer
- TDA Women's Wonderful Rhinestones Wedding Party Dress Stiletto Pumps
- Simen Women Sandals Black, (black) 1124A sw
- Jessica Simpson Jhane Burnt Umber Ruby Brown
- NIRA RUBENS Women's NIST42 White Leather Sneakers
- Vans Men's Cerus Rw Trainers
- RLYAY Men's Leather shoes Autumn Driving shoes Handmade Casual shoes Wild Peas shoes
- ZYFXZ safety shoes Winter men's high-top shoes, breathable anti-piercing welder safety work boots, steel toe cap base boots work boots (Size 37)
- ASICS Men's Conviction X Cross-Trainer shoes
- Black Grain Brown Allen Edmonds Men's Nashua Moccasin
- DNJKSA High-Heeled Sandals 2019 Korean Version of Sweet Bow-Knot High-Heeled shoes A Word of Thin-Heeled Baotou
- OLUKAI Kahu 'ILI shoes - Men's
- Material Girl Womens Blaire Fabric Open Toe Special Occasion Ankle Strap Sand.
- FzYRY Pu Material Fashion Ladies Shoulder Bag, Ladies Handbag
- AmoonyFashion Womens kitten heels PU Frost PU Solid Boots Heighten Inside Metalornament, Black, 7.5 B(M) US
- Dia De Los Muertos Skull Slip On Superior Comfort Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Comfortable
- DADAWEN Women's Fashion Star Square-Toe Lace-up Platform Wedge Oxford shoes
- Ellie shoes Women's 181-Silas Combat Boot
- GIY Women's Mesh Walking shoes Lightweight Sneakers Breathable Training shoes Casual Air Running shoes
- B.O.C. Womens Mocho Suede Closed Toe Classic Pumps, Black, Size 8.0
- YDN Women Pointed Toe High Heel Slide Sandals Slip on Clogs Mules Transparent Stiletto shoes
- Hoxekle Knee High Boots Women Simple Zipper Keep Warm Winter Snow Boots Round Toe Fashion shoes Woman
- PUMA Unisex Adults’ Pacer Next Sb WTR Hi-Top Trainers
- Nike Hypervenom Phelon FG Soccer Cleats (Volt HOT Lava Persian purple)
- Sandals High Heel Velcro Waterproof Platform Roman shoes Summer Open Toe shoes (color Brown, Size 37)
- Papillio Unisex Maddie Fringe Metallic Leather Sandals
- Mtxc Men's Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Cosplay Kenway Boots Black
- Pewter Kenneth Cole New York Womens Morgan Kitten Heel Pump Pump
- Monicas-Dream Women's Wedge Slippers Fashion Casual Platform Slippers Platform Sandals Slippers Women's Leopard Knit Slippers
- GLSHI Men England Casual shoes Four Seasons New Dress shoes Fashion Driving shoes
- Hey Dude shoes Farty Linen Rope Slip On Mule UK6 EU40
- Scholl - Bimini 2.0 708362 - Black
- PUMA DISC IGNITE 360946-03 RED FOAM SLEEVE-BLACK
- Red SRY-Fashion shoes Men's Fashion Ankle Boots Everyday Personality Patchwork Patent Leather Highschool Top Boot
- Wirksep Funny Green Christmas Cartoon Womens Fashion Lightweight Athletic shoes Sneakers Shock Absorbing
- Excellent.c Non-Slip Casual shoes Women's shoes Loafers Fashion Flat shoes
- Eleganceoo Ankle Buckle Strap Open Toe Sandals, Women Chunky Block Heel Casual Summer Beach shoes
- Sandals for Women, Summer Flat shoes peep-Toe Sandalias Roman Sandals Woman Casual shoes Ladies Flip Flops Footwear
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes High Top Women Belarus Flag
- Converse Womens CTAS Ox Mono Suede Low Top Lace Up Walking shoes
- Seranoma Women's Indoor Fur Lined Cable Knit Faux Fur Slip On Slippers Clogs
- Womens High Heel Sandals Stiletto Heels shoes Platform Ankle Strap Peep Toe Ladies Party Evening Wedding gold Silver Size 3 4 5 6 7 8
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women's shoes,2018 Fashion Leather Over Knee Boots Women Pointed Toe Elastic Stretch Thick Heel Knight Boots Winter Boots (color Black, Size 34) from Mtxc Women's Lolita Knot Princess shoes a707 1cm Heel was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Adidas - Deerupt Runner Women to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Comfort Handmade Mid Calf Boots of structured cabling, Patricia Nash Women's Sabbia Motorcycle Boots, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, BCBGeneration Women's BG Krush Harness Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Santimon Men's Genuine Leather Causal Leisure shoes Moccasin shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Inorin Womens Casual Canvas Sneakers Low Top Lace up Slip on shoes Flats (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Ryse Women's Delicate Elegant Temperamental Leather High Heels Pointy shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This TECS Mens 9629 Knee High Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Comfortable Summer Sandals Wedge Elegant Heels Sexy Women's Butterfly Rhinestone Beach shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide GIOSEPPO shoes Woman Low Heel Sandals 45344 Black that may be of interest to your District including:
- Bergort Hiking Boots Waterproof Outdoor Sports shoes Mens Trekking shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Ollio Women's shoes Velvet Lace Up Ankle Bootie Combat Boots TWB0109
- Rocky Men's RKK0229 Construction Boot Brown development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Lady Slippers Women 's Home Cotton Slippers Indoor Keep Warm Casual Slippers Mixed color Red Stripe Personality Quality for WomenIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Nine Seven Women's Genuine Leather Pointed Toe Mid Chunky Heel Lace Up Handmade Elegant Two Tone Fashion Dress Ankle Bootsof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools MINIVOG Women's Platform Espadrilles Wedge Leather Sandals describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Women's Fish Mouth Open Toe High Heel Sand Drag Non-Slip Cozy Beach Flip Flop Travel shoes (Heel Height 13 cm) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Women Pointed Leather Boots Autumn Winter Leather High Heel Ankle Boots Fashion Metal Buckle Ladies Party BootsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Ms. Summer with open-toed hollow Roman hollow with a word buckle wild high-heeled sandals (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Lauren by Ralph Lauren Womens Merrie Fashion Boot, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
KENDALL + KYLIE Womens Calla Fashion BootDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist