If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Nine Seven Women's Genuine Leather Pointed Toe Chunky Mid Heel Handmade Side Zipper Lace Up Short Comfortable Ankle Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Round Toe Chunky Mid Heel Handmade Casual Easy Side Zipper Walking Dress Mid Calf Boots, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Tassels Eleagnt Handmade Ankle Boots at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Transparent Rain Boots Women Waterproof Ankle Booties Lace Up Zipper Platform Flat Fashion Sneakers
- Material Girl Womens Landrey Almond Toe Ankle Fashion Boots, Black, Size 11.0
- Reebok Men's Classic Leather SG Casual shoes
- Men's Microfiber Fall Winter Comfort Boots Keep Warm Booties Ankle Boots Fashion Casual Leather Boots shoes
- Brinley Co. Comfort Womens Wedge Pumps
- El Naturalista Womens NF80 Pleasant Rice Field Black Leather shoes EU 40
- Premiata White Lucy D 3666 Sneaker
- GHFJDO Men Outdoor Hiking Trekking Sandals,Summer Closed Toe Hook Loop Mesh & PU Upper Adjustable Heel Strap Sandals,Walking Beach shoes
- Mens Genuine Leather Oxford shoes Business Lace Ups Round Toe shoes For Work Party Wedding Formal Dress Size 37-45
- Kappa Unisex Adults’ Flap Low-Top Sneakers
- Naot Mens Scout Round Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- Black White Red Skechers Womens Solei St. - Groovilicious Sneaker
- Florsheim Men's Sabato Wing Tip Oxford
- Lelehwhge Women's Stylish Sequins Block Medium Heel Platform Short Martin Boots Round Toe Lace Up Ankle Booties Pink 4 M US
- Sekesin Mens Women Leather Desert Army Boots Lace-Up Combat Patrol Boots Safety Military Breathable Outdoor Hiking Boots
- Inc Womens Gabbye Solid Ankle Strap Dress Sandals, Pink Bloom, Size 10.0
- LIAOYLY Women's flip-Flops Toe Slippers Fox Fur Soft Slippers Flat Sandals Multicolor
- shoesmaker's heart Pointed High-Heeled shoes New Words with Baotou Sandals Coarse Heel
- Ailj Water shoes, Men and Women Quick-Drying Diving shoes Summer Outdoor Barefoot Soft shoes Yoga shoes 2 colors
- Khombu Women's Alta Mid Mid-Calf Leather Snow Boot
- GIY Women's Waterproof Snow Ankle Boots Winter Warm Fur Zipper Short Boots Flat Casual Rain Snow Bootie
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens Ariel-nl Pointed Toe Flat
- YDN Women Fashion Low Heels Mules Sandals Pointy Toe Loafer Slip On Casual shoes
- Jordan AJ 13 Black CAT TEE Mens Fashion-t-Shirts 833952-010_XL - Black White
- Skechers Women& 39;s Go Walk Evolution Ultra-Amazed Sneaker
- 2018 New Men's shoes Leather Martin Boots Novelty shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Fashion Dress shoes Business shoes,Black,40
- Arizona Birko-Flor Patent Two Tone Espresso
- Saucony shoes Men Low Sneakers 2044-256 Jazz Original
- MAISON MARGIELA Mm6 Woman's 40() - 10(US) White
- Dublin Elevation Zip Jodhpur Boots Brown 9
- HYLFF Men Martin Boots,leather Executive Zip Boots Comfortable High Top Chelsea Ankle Boots Work Martin Boots Cowboy Biker Boots Single shoes
- Black&bluee Heels Addict's Women’s shoes Peep-Toe Patent Leather Sling-Back Wedge Heeled Platform Sandals
- Gcanwea Women's Stiletto High Heel Sexy Buckle Platform Sandals Dress Stylish Flexibility Comfortable Ladies Non-Slip Soles Skinny Breathable Fashion Red 4.5 M US Sandals
- RizaBina Women Heels Boots Pull On
- Jupiter10 Womens Evening Sandal Rhinestone Dress-shoes
- ZHRUI Boy's Men's Fashion Slip-on Spring Casual Penny Loafers (color Black, Size 9 UK)
- Lacoste Men's Ampthill 119 3 CMA Hi-Top Trainers
- Irish Setter Work Men's Marshall 83929 Work Boot
- Azura by Spring Step Womens Apolonia Ankle Bootie
- Univeglow Men and Women's LED shoes Musical Note colorful Light Couple Sports and Casual shoes
- Bearpaw Casual shoes Womens Brooklyn Microsuede Sandal Cork 1768W
- The small cat Women Canvas shoes Denim High Heels Rivets shoes Fashion shoes Laces Sneakers Women Short Boots
- Ktyyuwwww Womens colorful Printing Red Evil Skull Running shoes
- Btrada Women Casual Slippers Wedges Platform Flip Flop Cork Sole Summer Comfortable Flat Slide Sandals
- T-JULY Ladies Wedges Sandals Ankle Strap Fisherman High Heels Summer shoes Women Platform Daily Office Lady Footwear
- DREAM PAIRS Bruno Marc Moda Prince Men's Classic Modern Oxford Wingtip Lace Dress shoes
- ZOCAVIA Men's Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Street Gym Sport Walking shoes Casual Sneakers
- PUMA Women’s Platform Kiss Ath Lux WN's Low-Top Sneakers
- Insun Men's Vintage Leather Lace Up Oxford shoes
- El Naturalista Unisex Adults' Ne08 Soft Grain Viajero shoes Green
- Geox Women's D BREEDA B Sneakers
- Gola Men's Varsity Twill Trainers
- Dickies Mens Liberty Work Boots Black Size 10
- Columbia Men's REDMOND LEATHER OMNI-TECH Hiking shoes
- Chatham Men's Sperrin Boat shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Emporio Armani Womens Low Top Fashion Sneaker Sneaker from Men's shoes Outdoor Autumn and Winter Walking Warm High High Cross-Country Sports Leisure Travel Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Extra Large Cotton shoes Old shoes (color A, Size 43) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Pajar Women's Varsovie Snow Boots to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Laura Biagiotti - 5116L Black 39 of structured cabling, Blossom Women's Collection Eko-13 Peep Toe Pumps Fashion shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Adidas Ultraboost X Womens Cg2978, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Men's shoes Novelty Leather shoes 2018 Spring Fall Winter Hair Stylist Slip-ONS & Loafers Trend Breathable Night Club Bar Formal shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting New Balance Womens 574v1 Varsity Sport Sneaker (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Material Girl Priyanka Women US 7 Black Over the Knee Boot
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This KEEN Women's Terradora Mid Wp-w Hiking shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The V Italia 1041Z Kiki Camel runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide T-JULY Women's Super Thin High Heels Ladies Mid Calf Girls Boots Office Elegant Leisure Stretch shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Nine Seven Nubuck Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Buckle Handmade Ankle Boot Plus Size, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Z.L.F shoes Men's Modern Business Oxford Casual Simple Classic Round Toe Formal shoes Leather shoes
- Crova Mens Womens Snow Boots Winter Lightweight Anti-Slip Waterproof Fur Lined Cold Weather shoes Black development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Adidas Combat Speed 5 Men's Wrestling shoes, Royal Dark Royal, Size 6.5If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Adidas Performance Women's Triple Cheer shoesof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from CJC High-Heeled Sandals Open Toe High Heels Thin Heels Rhinestone Suede Fashion Sexy (color Black, Size EU38 UK5.5) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
PUMA Mens Cali-0 Diamond Supply SneakerI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Ladies Booties, Fall Winter Slim Leather Butterfly Knot Elastic Middle Boots Women's Thick Heel Fashion Boots (color B, Size 33) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Women Booties, Fall Winter Leather Scrub Fashion Boots Ladies Comfortable Mid-Heel Martin Boots (color Black, Size 36), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Cougar Canuck Women's Winter BootDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist