If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Chaniotakis Women's Tapestry Ribbon Ankle Tie allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Ellie 609-black 6 Satin Strappy Stiletto with Studs, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On OX Leather Low Top Simple Driving shoes (color White, Size 10 D(M) US) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Charcoal bluee Saucony Originals Women's Jazz Original Sneaker
- JIESENGTOO Women Ruffles Sandals PU Square Heel Solid Fashion Buckle Strap Ladies Heeled shoes
- GIY Womens Ladies Flip Flops Slippers Anti-Slip Slip On Dressy Thongs Summer Beach Casual Flat Sandals
- Hanglin Trade Womens Sandals shoes Woman Genuine Leather Flat shoes Fashion Loafers Women Flats
- AdeeSu Womens Hollow Out Chunky Heels Peep Toes Cow Leather Sandals SLC04442
- BININBOX Womens Sandals Stiletto Roman High Heels Cross Sexy shoes 4 colors
- Womens Ankle Boots Mid High Heels Studded Ankle Straps Buckle Leather Slouch Booties for Winter
- U-MAC Women's Flat Hidden Heel Platform Wedge Sneakers Fashion Casual Rubber Outsole High Top Zipper shoes
- Salming shoes 91 handball goalie black gecko
- Danner Men's Lookout Ems csa Side-zip Nmt Military & Tactical Boot
- BZees Women's, Aspire Stretch Slip Ons
- DOUSSPRT Women's Water shoes Quick Drying Sports Aqua shoes
- New Balance - Womens 90s Running WL530V1 Classics shoes
- Pierre Dumas Laurel 82274501 Black
- Corso Como Women's Lowes Slip-On Loafer
- Phil Betty Mens Oxford shoes Lace Up Non-Slip Breathable Comfortable Business Dress shoes
- Santimon Snow Boots Mens Genuine Leather Chealsea Ankle Dress Fashion Black
- Hunter Women's Original Tall Military Red Knee-High Rubber Rain Boot - 7M
- Nike Air Max 1 Premium Women's shoes Obsidian Obsidian Pale Grey 454746-403
- Jincosua Fashion Leather Loafers for Men Driving Slip on Comfortable Classic Large Size Boat shoes (color Red, Size UK 11)
- Brown Naturalizer Womens Cassandra Ankle Bootie
- ZHRUI Men Sandals Casual Leather Slippers Open Toe Summer shoes Outdoor Sandals (color bluee, Size 8=42 EU)
- GLSHI Men Breathable Running Sneakers 2017 Autumn New Flying Lightweight Fitness shoes
- Men's shoes Leather Fashion Western Cowboy Pointed Metal Toe Snakeskin Pattern Slip on Formal Wedding Evening Party Nightclub Size UK 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Vittoria Force SPD Spin Cycling shoes
- WHW Women's Spring Summer Fall Comfort Novelty PU Wedding Party Evening Dress Stiletto Heel Sandals,32,Black
- AIYOUMEI Women's Pointed Toe shoes Stiletto Heel Pumps Ankle Strap Sandals with Pearl
- Step n Style Leather Punjabi Jutti Designer Jutti Mojari Casual shoesflat Jooti
- Clarks Womens Sonar Pilot Sandal
- Gooding life Elegant Slingbacks High Heel Women Pumps Faux Suede Office Ladies shoes Valentine shoes
- Easy Street Womens Santana Fabric Open Toe Casual Sport Sandals
- ERSER Yellow Sunflower Smile Face Running Tennis shoes for Women
- Liu guifang Thin Heels shoes Woman Over The Knee Boots Zipper Ribbon Summer Boots Sexy Lady Fashion Big Size
- J Slides Womens Apostle Sneaker
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointy Toe Stiletto T-Strap Handmade Ladies Sexy Pumps
- Light shoes LED shoes Couple Models USB Charging Ghost Dance Luminous shoes (color A, Size 46EU)
- PUMA Unisex Adults Smash V2 Low-Top Sneakers
- Naturalizer Women's Darena Wedge Bootie
- Dansko Womens Jessie Flat Sandal
- Muck Boot Women's Blaze Tall Boots
- Sandgrens Rio Grande Low Swedish Wooden Clogs for Women
- Etnies Jameson E Lite, Men’s Sandals
- Jincosua AG Football shoes for Men Non Slip Breathable Superlight Sports Training shoes (color White, Size UK 5.5)
- Adidas Men's Terrex Noket Trail Running shoes
- Palladium Boots Baggy Amphibian 75456-P61 Black Green Sheen
- New Balance Men's M2040V3 Run shoes-M
- Blackmatte MRxcff Women Ladies Handmade Fashion Flats Mini Spikes Pointy Patent Leather Party Dress Flats shoes
- Gcanwea Women's Elegant Floral Buckle Peep Toe Platform Ankle Strap High Chunky Heel Pumps Sandals Comfortable Girls Joker Skinny Dress Flexibility Summer Breathable Sweet Beige 4 M US Sandals
- 1TO9 Ladies Spun gold Bowknot Wedges bluee Soft Material Sandals - 8.5 B(M) US
- AllhqFashion Women's Pu Solid Pull On Round Closed Toe Kitten Heels Pumps-shoes
- Coloing High Heel Women shoes Satin Wedding shoes with Rhinestone Bridal shoes Dress(0 0)
- AllhqFashion Women's Pointed-Toe Pull-On Frosted Solid High-Heels Pumps-shoes, Black, 38
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes High Top Women Battle Born Silver State Nevada Flag
- Toughees Womens Rebecca Full Grain Leather Patterned Touch Fastening Mary Jane shoes Black Size UK 9 EU 27
- Wild pink Women's Ganice01 Exotic Heel Toe Ring Sandal
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Fred Perry - Men shoes B5179 266 Shields Badge from Rieker Women's M7917 Low-Top Sneakers was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a IGI & CO 88640 Ladies' shoes Women's Leather Made in to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Men High Top Leather shoes Chelsea Boots Round Toe Bullock Carved Zipper Martin Boots Motorcycle Boots Knight Boots EU Size 38-46 of structured cabling, Women's Fashion shoes Spring Autumn High Heel Pointed Stiletto Stretch Socks Shaped Heel shoes Ankle Boots Walking shoes (color B, Size 39), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Nine Seven Suede Leather Pointed Toe Low Chunky Heel Handmade Casual Back Zipper Lace Up Dress Mid Calf Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Vince Camuto Womens Sathina PlatformAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Nike Women's Air Max Zoom Wildhorse 4 Trail Running shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Adidas Powerlift 4.0 Mens Weightlifting shoes - Black
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Women's Transparent Pointed Sandals Fashion Open Toe Beach Slippers High Heel Day Length Dress shoes (Heel Height 10cm) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Pointed Toe High Chunky Heel Handmade Elegant Side Zipper Falbala Dress Ankle Booties runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide WeiPoot Women's Frosted Solid Closed-toe Boots with Chunky Heels and Non-Slipping Sole that may be of interest to your District including:
- Victoria's Secret Pink New Single Strap Slides, Iridescent, Large, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nike Men's Air Max Advantage 2 Running shoes
- BareTraps Ivalyn Women's Boots Mushroom Size 11 M (BT25099) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Free People Womens at Ease Suede Closed Toe MulesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the ECCO Mens Collin 2.0 Slip On Moccasinof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Jerusalem Sandals Women's Elan Rubber Slide Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
BioNatura Sandals 34 A 825 BeigeI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Camper Womens Neuman K400247 Fashion Boot (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Clarks Bampton Mid - 26127430, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
T-JULY Fashion Spring Autumn Women's Flat Loafers Sneakers Ladies shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist