If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s shoestup Cute Cavalier King Charles Dog Print Women's Casual Sneakers White allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Call It Spring Women's Travisano Boots, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Victoria Fashion White Glitter White Sneaker at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Melady Fashion Mid Heel Ankle Boots Pull On
- Be fearless New Women Flats Boat shoes Brand Spring color Match Single Casual Flat shoes
- Rocket Dog ICEE Butter Womens Winter Snow Boots
- RizaBina Women Low Heel Pull On Snow Boots Collar Cuff Bowknot
- Edv0d2v266 Womens Running shoes Breathable Athletic Casual Sneakers for Sport Tennis Walking Gym
- Sperry Womens Crest Vibe CVO
- ZYFXZ Work shoes Steel head gas deodorant predective shoes, electric welding anti-smashing and puncture safety shoes safety shoes (color A)
- Saucony Men's Jazz Original Vintage Low-Top Sneakers
- Dapper shoes Co. Men's Toe Cap Double Monk Strap Modern Classic Dress shoes
- New Balance Women's PureAlign Athletic Rafter
- Clarks - Womens Cabrini Cove Boot
- Very Volatile Womens DeSoto Heeled Sandal
- Hipster Owls Leisure Casual Running shoes Women Net Cool colorful
- Ellie 709-STACK 7 Pointed Stiletto Sandal
- Nike Women's WMNS Flex Experience RN 5, Anthracite Pink Blast - Black
- Opportunity shoes - Corso Como Womens Ramona Ballet Flat
- Nike Men's Force Savage Shark Football Cleat
- Naturalizer Womens Eve Leather Cushioned Smoking Loafers
- Florsheim Men's, Matera II Cap Lace up shoes
- ARIAT Women's Venttek Ultra Western Boot
- GLSHI Men England Casual shoes Four Seasons New Dress shoes Fashion Driving shoes
- Hey Dude shoes Farty Linen Rope Slip On Mule UK6 EU40
- Scholl - Bimini 2.0 708362 - Black
- PUMA DISC IGNITE 360946-03 RED FOAM SLEEVE-BLACK
- White, white Adidas Originals Men's Primeknit NMD_R1 Running shoes (Black)
- Reebok Women's Hexaffect FIRE 2.0 Size 8 US
- Tuoup Womens Fashion Leather Thong Ladies Sandals Summer Sandles
- AmoonyFashion Womens Closed Round Toe High Heel Platform Patent Leather PU Sandals with Assorted colors, Yellow, 7.5 B(M) US
- AmoonyFashion Women's Solid Frosted High-Heels Buckle Closed-Toe Pumps-shoes
- bluee Green Skechers Performance Go Walk Sports
- ZHOUZJ Summer Women shoes Leather Flat Sandals Casual Open Toe Sandals
- GOGO 3 Stretch Knee Boot, Fushia Patent-Size 9
- AmoonyFashion Women's Soft Material Open Toe Kitten-Heels Zipper Solid Sandals
- Cambridge Select Women's Closed Pointed Toe Slip-On Comfort Low Kitten Heel Pump
- Miz Mooz Women's Mimi Ankle Boot
- VIKINGBRANDS Viking Women's Rubber Boots
- Hoka One Women's Arahi Black Peach Amber Ankle-High Running shoes - 6.5M
- Propet Womens Taneka Ankle Bootie
- Delta Plus Miami Camoflague Camo Canvas Slip On Steel Toe Safety Trainers Sneakers (US 7.5)
- Nike Men's Air Max Dynasty 2 Running shoes
- Nike Men's Sock Dart Running shoes
- Geox Loris AMPHIBIOX Men's Real Leather shoes Black U44C6A 00043 C9999
- Men's shoes FEIFEI Winter Casual Fashion Thick Warm Non-slip High-top shoes (color BLACK, Size US8 EU39 UK6 CN39)
- Nike Dart 10 Eu, Mens Running shoes
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Winter Men'S shoes Casual Wild Men'S Sports shoes Leather shoes Fashion Running shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Ladies Booties,Fall Winter Retro Embroidery Three-Dimensional Flower Leather Boots Casual Flat Women Fashion Boots (color B, Size 35) from Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Pointed Toe Mid Chunky Heel Handmade Casual Strap Buckle Comfort Winter Walking Dress Ankle Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Women's Booties, Wedge Casual Zipper Fashion Boots Ladies Fall Winter Leather Pointed Martin Boots Fringed Boots (color B, Size 35) to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust The North Face Storm Mid Wp Leather of structured cabling, A X Armani Exchange Womens Patent Combat Boot Combat Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Frr Black Men's Napa Leather Shearling Sheepskin Slippers, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
NJ Women Western Over The Knee High Riding Boots Round Toe Mid Stacked Heel Pull On Suede Winter shoes Side ZipAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Women's Boots Snow Boots Autumn and Winter in The Tube Hair Ball Warm Women's Cotton shoes Fashion Winter Boots Wild Casual Boots (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Women's Pumps Block Low Heels Mary Jane Ankle Strap Court shoes Closed Toe Buckle Ankle Strap Wedding Dress Party Evening Black
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Irregular Choice Womens Wanderlust Red White High Heel shoes Size illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The YDN Women Comfy Mid Calf Fully Fur Lined Winter Snow Boots with Buckles Flats shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide LizForm Women Open Toe Stiletto Sandals Cutout Dress Sandals Sparkle Slipper Heels Sandal shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- LIJUN Mens Snow Boots Mens Snow Boots Warm Fur Waterproof Upper Antiskid Outsole Boy Winter Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- KENDALL + KYLIE Women's Suede Leather Ankle Boots
- 2 color Size 5-12 New Embroidered Genuine Suede Leather Dress Loafers Mens shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
BUENO Women's Kina in Yellow Leather W Brown ToledoIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Nina Women's Stasy Platform Pumpof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Sneakers HAIZHEN, Men's shoes, Spring PU Casual shoes Low Boots with Zipper shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Bamboo Juliana Womens Open Toe Chunky Heel Faux Wood Platform Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
GouuoHi Womens Slippers Ladies Casual Autumn Winter Warm Super Soft Plush Cotton Slippers Bow and Pearl Decoration Outdoor and Indoor Universal Super Soft Plush SlippersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Sanita Womens Professional Passion Work shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Comfort Formal shoes Business shoes British Style Gentleman European Version of Leather shoes Handmade shoes (color Brown, Size 39), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Syktkmx Womens Mary Jane Pumps Block High Heel Platform Ankle Strap Closed Toe Work shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist