If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Women's Round Toe Long Boots Simple Pure color Waterproof Elastic Knee-high Boots Ideal for Ladies Girls Date Shopping Use,Black allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Seychelles Womens Chaparral Ankle Boot, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women's Ankle Boots, Fashion Pointed Thick Heel shoes Autumn Winter Leather Wedding Party & Evening Dress shoes Black Brown (color Brown, Size 36) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Top Moda Women Pack-72 Boots Black
- RizaBina Women Ankle Strap Sandals Flats
- Lydee Women Fashion Thight High Boots Platfrom
- Zgshnfgk - Western Cowgirl Closed Toe Booties - Low Heel Comfortable Casual Walking Booties
- Chaidan Sexy High Heels Embroidered Gladiator Women Sandals Summer shoes Woman
- Baixa 2019 Women Casual shoes Breathable Female Fashion Sneakers Women Lace Up Increasing 6 cm Girls shoes shoes Femme Trainers
- FuweiEncore Men's Leather shoes Spring Fall Formal shoes Pointed Toe Business shoes Lace up Gentleman Wedding Party & Evening (color Black, Size 46) (color Black, Size 37)
- Asics Gel-Solution Speed 3 Grass Rasen Tennis-shoes White Mens Trainers Sneaker shoes
- Dr. Martens Men's Icon Industrial Strength Steel Toe Boot
- MONMOIRA Rivets Motorcycle Boots Women High Heel Platform Boots Women Lace up Martin Boots Ankle Boots for Women SWE0443
- WLJSLLZYQ Women Canvas shoes Autumn Punk Rivet high Women shoes Increased Stealth shoes
- AIWEIYi Womens Peep Toe Buckles Stiletto High Heel Dress Sandals Black
- Gdgydh Fashion Buckle Gladiator Sandals Women High Heelssummer Party shoes
- Cuckoo Womens Block Heeled Sandals Ankle Strap Chunky Open Toe shoes
- Vince Camuto Womens Ballana Leather Pointed Toe Casual Strappy Sandals
- French Sole FS NY Women's Gaga Ballet Flat
- Men's shoes Suede Martin Boots 2018 Fashion Lace Up Deck shoes High-Top Casual shoes Casual Daily Walking shoes Black Beige White
- ILSE JACOBSEN Tulip 139 Platinum Scalloped Sneaker
- Cuckoo Slip On Oxford shoes Men's Black Loafers Dress shoes
- Dr. Comfort Douglas Men's Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth shoes Black
- Reebok Men's Classic Leather Clip Elements Low-Top Sneakers
- Bugatti Men's 321601323200 Classic Boots
- New Balance Men's NB Pro Adjustable Slide Sandals
- Zara Men's Maxi sole sneakers 2208 002
- White HEDDK Summer Women Sandals Casual Student Wild Flat Open Toe Big Buckle with Sandals Beach Sandals Big Size 31-42
- 2019 New Ankle Strap Women Pumps Pointed Toe Stiletto high Heels Wedding shoes Woman Drop Ship,Light bluee,9
- gold Toe Gayle Womens Edema Slipper,Orthodic Clinic shoes,Women's Orthopedic Slippers for Diabetics,Elderly Woman
- Woman's Fashion The Toe Pearl Sandal Slipper Rhinestone Beach shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Pull On Kitten Heels Blend Materials Solid Open Toe Sandals
- Adidas Men's Freak X Carbon Mid Baseball shoes, Core Black, Silver Met, Collegiate gold, 13.5 M US
- Mamamoo Women shoes Platform Women Pumps Thin High Heel Pointed Toe Two-Piece Fashion Women shoes
- Sam Edelman Womens Darian Bow Slide Sandals
- AdeeSu Womens Square Heels Glitter Not_Water_Resistant Suede Boots SXC02483
- Mizuno Women's Wave Lightning Z WOMS BK-PK Volleyball shoes, Black Pink
- T-JULY Fashion Platform Peep Toe Pumps Chunky Heel Ankle Strap Sandals for Women Slip on Sex Comfy Dress Pumps shoes
- Yoki Women's REPLAY-15 Chelsea Boots
- High Heels High Heels Ladies sandals Summer Pointed Stiletto shoes 8.5cm Matte Word with high Heels not Tired shoes Ladies sandals (color Black, Size 39)
- BERTERI Men Casual Fashion Sneakers Waterproof Athletic Sports shoes
- Nike Kids Roshe One (GS) Running shoes
- NIKE SB shoes DUNK LOW WARMTH BLACK IVORY GRAPE
- Nike Women's Lunar Force 1 Sky Hi Royalbluee 654848-400
- Aquatalia Womens Ivory Calf Elastic Ankle Boot
- Men's Leather shoes Oxford Soft Driving Casual shoes Casual Belt Style Flat with Men's Leather shoes Cricket shoes
- Cofra 63570-000.W47 Size 47 Ethyl S3 SRC Safety shoes - Black
- Cofra 00010-042.W42 Safety shoes Galaxy S5 Ci SRC Size 42 in White
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Spring Step Men's Brogan Lace-Up shoes from Athlefit Women's Hidden Wedge Sneakers High Heel Slip On Platforem Loafers was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Dusk Grey Basketball shoes 5 Men US 7 Women US to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Men shoes Martin Boots, Winter Tooling Boots High Top Ankle Boots Leather Fur Lined Boots Cotton shoes Large Size of structured cabling, High-Heeled Knee Boots, Waterproof Platform Round Head Large Size Stretch Thigh Boots Side Zipper PU High Boots Non-Slip Ladies Fashion shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Rieker Women's, N42P6 Fashion Sneakers, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Clarks Womens Cheyn Meryl Ws Fashion BootAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Capezio Adult T-Strap (700) -CARAMEL -9.5 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- British Walkers Men's Playboy Low Cut Oxford shoes, Brown Leather, 12 M
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Women Elegant Chunky High Heels Ankle Boots Velvet Round Toe Comfort Dress shoes Side Zipper Size 4-15 US illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Round Toe Chunky Heel Buckle Mid Calf Handmade Fashion Boot runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Strive Footwear Tropez Stylish Orthotic Sandal that may be of interest to your District including:
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Women Tall Boots Dark Brown pro Slide Size 9 Suede, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nike Women's Free Tr 8 Rise Ankle-High Training shoes
- Women's Boots Elegant Fringed Snow Boots with Block Heel Platform Winter Large Size Boots Black development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Nike Air Huarache Run PRM Mens 704830-700If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Kodiak Women's Maddie CSA Safety shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools 4 color US Size 5-12 Pointed Toe gold Leather High Fashion Dress Mens Lace Up Oxford shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Women's Booties, Fall Winter New Mid Tube Martin Boots Ladies Leather Wild Fashion Boots Black Apricot (color A, Size 38) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Havaianas Men's Sneaker Casual Layers Espadrille Navy blueeI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its ONCEFIRST Women's Pointed Toe Low Heels Embroidery Deco Pump (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Merrell Women's Bondi Stretch AC+ Sneaker, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Diba True Womens Deep Thought Leather Open Toe Casual Gladiator SandalsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist