If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s UZAFIT Denver Bodybuilding Weightlifting Crossfit Boxing shoes Unisex Sneaker White allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Puma MCQ Joust Mid IV 7, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Salming Viper 5 Black Pink Women's Indoor Court shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Saborz Over The Knee Boots for Women High Heels Round Toe Platform Knight Boots
- Cocey Women Slip-on Bling Materail Dressy Pumps
- Qiopw rtw Bathroom Shower Non-Slip Sandal Pineapple Mood Pattern On Pink Background Indoor Slipper shoes for Womens
- Sandals for Men Fashion Slipper shoes Slip On Style Nylon Cloth Fashion Woven Elastic Rope Convenient Snap Cricket shoes
- Mens Chelsea Boots Martin Ankle Boot Classic Leather Round-Top Desert shoes Holiday Gift Work Utility Footwear
- Vans Unisex Adults’ Sk8-hi Slim Open Back Slippers
- Mens Outdoor Armed Tactics Boots Desert Mountaineering Military Police Army Combat Lace-Up Leather Footwear Jungle High Top shoes
- Salomon Men's X Crest GTX Trail Running shoes
- KingRover Women's Pointed Toe Sequins pumps Wedding Party pumps shoes
- Yyixianma Women Wedge Sneakers 2018 Korean High Top Side Zipper Lace Up Canvas shoes Female Platform Height Increasing Wedges shoes Woman 04 Pink 10.5
- Leaf Desert Camo Womens Lace Up Loafers shoes Lightweight
- Amy Q Women Fretwork Pointed Toe Shallow Mouth Slip On Stiletto Heel Pumps for Party Dress shoes
- CCBubble Lace Wedding Women shoes High Heels Platform Peep Toe Ladies shoes
- Genuine Grip Women's Black Jogger Work shoes Black
- Jim Hugh Fashion Women Mid Calf Boots Round Toe Mid Heels Flock Autumn Winter Boots
- NJ Women Stylish Ankle Strap High Heels Sandals Open Toe Buckled Party Evening shoes
- Gino Romano Brogue shoes for Men - Premium Leather Upper and Imported silverinian Leather Sole Brown
- Via Spiga Womens V-prim Dress Sandal
- Men's Boots, Leather Fall Winter Trends British Short Boots Men's Retro Leather Boots Wild High to Help Desert Tooling shoes Casual Boots Trend High-Top Desert Boot Running Boot Walking Boot XUE
- MedzRE Men's Leather Lace up Derby Formal Dress shoes
- Reebok Men's Ridgerider Trail 3.0 Cross Trainer, Black Ash Grey, 10 M US
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Paulina Sandals Women
- Cofra FW060-000.W47 Size 47 S1 P SRC New Adriatic Safety shoes - Beige
- Red_2 Wonesion Mens Womens Water Sport shoes Quick Dry Aqua Socks Barefoot Outdoor Beach Swim Surf Pool Yoga shoes
- Lucksender Womens Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Platform Pumps shoes
- Clarks Men's Norsen Lace Brogues
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Leather Casual shoes Men'S Breathable Peas shoes A Pedal Lazy shoes Spring Simple Driving Men'S shoes 4647
- NIKE Alpha Pro 2 TD Football Cleats (13.5, White Black)
- Nike Mens Air Jordan Spizike Basketball shoes Black Gym Red-Anthracite 315371-006 Size 10.5
- Terrcmaily New Women's Ethnic Style Leather Flats Sandals Sexy Stud Flat shoes
- Champagne pink gold Metallic Ankle Strap Bow High Heel Wedding shoes Women's
- BETANI Women's Faux Suede Stiletto Ankle Bootie Black Taupe
- Bowknot Women Thin shoes Chromatic Slipsole High Heel Plus Size white 39
- Skechers Womens Sure Track Atrium Health Care & Food Service shoes
- T-JULY Sandals for Women Summer Round Toe with Pearl Square Heels Ankle Strap Ladies shoes
- Roxoni Women's Winter Slippers; A Ladies Comfort and Cozy Clog Great for House and Outdoor Black
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Ellie shoes E-603-Teagan 6 Metallic Calf Boot 10 gold from black Giardini shoes Woman Slippers with Wedge P805660D 672 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Brinley Co. Womens JENA Faux Suede Side-Slit Peep-Toe Ankle Booties to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Diesel Women's Magnete Expo-Zip W Sneaker of structured cabling, Bugatti Women's 422404021449 Trainers, 3490-pink-Metallics, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, L`Artiste by Spring Step Women's Leather Sneakers MEA Taupe EU Size 36, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
shoestup Cute Sirocco Parred Print Men's Casual Sneakers WhiteAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting shoestup Cute Boston Terrier Paws Dog Print Women's Casual Sneakers White (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Call It Spring Women's Travisano Boots
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Winter Women's Snow Boots Simple Fashion Warm Thick Flat Sole Booties Ladies Girls Indoor & Outdoor Daily Wear,Female Gift illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The CLARKS Women& 39;s Gracelin Lola Ballet Flat runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Crisscross Strappy Ankle Tie Chunky Stacked Block Heel Sandal that may be of interest to your District including:
- ASICS Women's Womens Gt-2000 5 Running shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Caterpillar Men's Ridgemont Steel Toe Work shoes
- Women's Pointed Closed Toe High Heel Sand Drag Fashion Splice Transparent High Heel Flip Flop Beach shoes (Heel Height 10 cm) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
NJ Women Western Over The Knee High Riding Boots Round Toe Mid Stacked Heel Pull On Suede Winter shoes Side ZipIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Webb Perkin Women Pointed Toe Female Sexy shoes Double Zipper Elegant Boot Lady Ankle Boots Thin High Heelof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from YDN Women Peep Toe High Heels Akle Stiletto Boots Faux Suede Cutout Dress Winter Office shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Nike Force Zoom Trout 5 Pro Mens Ah3372-010I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Crocs Women's A Leigh Crisscross W Wedge Sandal (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Skechers Mens Larsen Sento Ankle Bootie, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
New Ladies Bow Female Shallow Mouth with Single shoes Work shoes Tide Spring New Women's shoes Korean Version of Rhinestone Commuter shoes (color Black, Size 34)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist