If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s ROSSI Oxfords-shoes Mens Leather Black allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop UZAFIT Denver Bodybuilding Weightlifting Crossfit Boxing shoes Unisex Sneaker White, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Adtec Men's 9614 6 Metatarsal Hiker at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- MEIZOKEN Womens Rhinestone Platform Transparent Slippers Classic Peep Toe Fringe Chunky Block High Heel Party Pump shoes
- ZPSPZ sandals womens Ladies'Summer Open-Toed Sandals, Suspended Bead Sandals
- Women's Waterproof Platform Open Toe High-Heeled Sandals Splice Hollow Non-Slip Fine high Heel Pumps Breathable Back Zipper Fashion Sandals
- T-JULY Women Over The Knee Boots Winter Suede Long Thigh High Heels Stiletto Ladies shoes
- G By Guess Womens Tammie
- Baffin Men's Escalate Snow Boots
- Steve Madden Mens Aspin 6
- GouuoHi Womens Sport Female Casual Small White shoes Sports Flat shoes colorful Lace Students Classic Wild Comfortable Breathable Stylish shoes Sneakers
- Jeffrey Campbell Women's MCBI33342 Black Leather Sandals
- BAGE Men's Hyperdunk Sports Running shoes Fashion Sneakers Basketball shoes
- FeiNianJSh Men's Classic shoes PU Leather shoes Slip-on Loafers Square Texture Outsole Business Oxfords Comfort shoes
- ZHRUI Sandals for Men Summer Breathable Leather Unisex Soft Beach Casual Slippers shoes (color Brown, Size 9=43 EU)
- Nunn Bush Men's Middleton Wingtip Oxford, Cognac, 9.5 M US
- Vince Men's Novato Chukka Boot
- Black Autumn Winter High-Heeled Lace Women's Boots, Europe and The United States Over The Knee Stretch Boots, Ladies Thick with Long Boots (color Black, Size 38)
- Wershiny Evening Clutch Purse Elegant Evening Bag Party Wedding Purses Handbag for Women Lipstick Lipstick Hand Holding Shoulder Chain Mini Acrylic Bag
- Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Realtree Edge Clog Clog
- Skechers Women's Reggae-Zig Swag-Adjustable Toe Thong Sandal
- Lucky Brand Womens Belia Ankle Bootie
- Uieort Dinosaur Skeleton Dinosaur Animal Womens Lace Up Sneakers shoes Rubber Sole
- AmoonyFashion Women's Imitated Suede Low Top Solid Zipper Spikes Stilettos Boots with Rivet
- L'Artiste by Spring Step Womens Aradya Sandals
- 1TO9 Ladies Square Heels Mule Unique Platform Soft Material Boots
- T-JULY Women Casual shoes Patchwork Shallow Hook & Loop Designer Wedge Sneakers for Woman Breathable Comfortable Female Sneakers
- Winter Women Ankle Boots Autumn Western Motorcycle Boots Ankle Bootie Causal Footwear shoes Booten Girls shoes
- Wonderheel 8 Heelless Ankle Boots red Shiny Sexy Fetish Platform lace up Boots
- HUAYU Men's Walking Hiking Mid Boots Waterproof Lightweight Outdoor shoes Grey
- Phil Betty Mens Booties Warm Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Lace Up Casual Martin Boots
- Frye Womens Lena Woven Low Lace Sneaker
- La Sportiva Lycan Running shoes - SS19
- Karhu Unisex Albatross Original Air Cushion shoes - F802509
- YAYADI Unisex Sneakers Running shoes All Season Sneakers Breathable Air Mesh For Male Outdoor Walking Light Trainer Men shoes
- Etnies Men's Rvs Leather Trainers
- YXIAOL Walking shoes Leather Non-slip Wear-resistant Foreign Trade Outdoor shoes Cross-country Hiking shoes
- Adidas Men’s Crazy 8 Adv (Asw) Fitness shoes
- Bordeaux Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Men's Design 303021 Loafer
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women's High Heel shoes, 2019 New Pointed Thick High Heel Fashion shoes Spring Fall Wild Leather Single shoes,A,38 from Caterpillar Men's Sentinel Mid Chukka Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Geox Women's D Sukie B Low-Top Trainer to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust CJC Sandals Mid Heel Frosted Ladies Womens Wedding Bridal Prom shoes of structured cabling, Women's Pin Up Couture Secret 15 Strap Heel Cream, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Mizuno shoes Running Sneaker Men Wave Elevation White orange, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Cute Toy Fox Terrier Print Men's Casual Running shoes WhiteAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting shoestup Cute Belgian Laekenois Dog Print Women's Casual Sneakers White (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- shoestup Cute Cavalier King Charles Dog Print Women's Casual Sneakers White
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Round Toe Block Heel Slip On Comfort Handmade Dress Ankle Booties illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The FSJ Women Fashion Metallic Mid Calf Boots Pointed Toe Chunky Heels Back Zipper shoes Size 4-15 US runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Lacoste Women's Medini Women's Canvas Slip On Navy that may be of interest to your District including:
- New Balance Womens Sd100v2 Track shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Hush Puppies Mens Arvid Roll Flex Oxford
- Pleaser BEYOND-060 Women's 10 Heel, 6 1 4 PF Lace Up Ankle Bootie development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
NJ Women Fashion Pointed Toe Thin Heels Knee High Boots Pull On Autumn Winter Party Dress shoes with Side ZipperIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Bamboo Women's Chunky Heel Plain Bootieof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Lacoste Women's Alyson SRW Suede Ankle Boots Black provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Adidas 2015 Barricade Men's Tennis shoes Grey Iron Silver (8)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Sam Edelman Women's Okala Pumps (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Y&C Women's Evening Pumps Wedding Heels Platform Bridal shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
O-NEX Onex Women's Alice Wedge SandalDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist