If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Womens shoes 8 cm High Heels Ladies Genuine Leather Pumps Pointed Toe Pearl Thin Heel Designers Party Pumps shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Chaco Women's Pineland Moc Moccasin, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women Pointed Boots 2018 Autumn Winter New Metal Chain High Heels Large Size Black at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- White Stylish Mid Calf Boots for Women Soft Knitting Round Toe Winter Snow Boots Comfortable Med Heels shoes Stretch Boots Comfortable Joker Sexy Fashion Dress No Grinding Feet Black 4 M US Boots
- CHENSIR9 Women's Gladiator Slide Sandal Summer Slide Flat
- Animal World Yellow Beaded Starfish Womens Sandal
- bluee-shore Gladiator Sandals Women Sandals Casual Summer shoes Woman Beach Flat Sandals shoes
- Ghssheh Women's Trendy Square Toe Buckle Strap Cut Out Low Block Heels Sandals Brown 5.5 M US
- AIMONT 52003-48 MEINA Safety Boots, Black, 48
- Dream Horse Mens Canvas shoes High-Top Casual Sneakers Couple Fashion Sport shoes The Ten
- Vagabond Men's Johnny Chelsea Boots
- Josef Seibel Men's Rudi 43 Low-Top Sneakers
- T-JULY Women Flats Candy color Loafers Lady shoes women Summer shoes Fashion Sneakers for Spring or Autumn
- SOFIE MARTIN Young Women Training shoes for Womens Lightweight shoes
- Btrada Women Summer Peep Toe Sandals Square Pearl Anti Skid Ladies shoes Fashion Casual Flats Beach shoes
- Super High-Heeled Pointed Stiletto Sexy Back shoes Summer with Rhinestone Wedding shoes Shallow Mouth Wild Single shoes Women Pumps
- Women's Booties, Metal High Heel Side Zipper Fashion Boots Ladies Fall Winter Pointed Stiletto Heel PU Ankle Boots (color D, Size 39)
- Marc Fisher Sesame Wedge Sandal Women
- Harley-Davidson Kira Womens Ladies Leather Biker Boots
- Nike Men's Fly.by Low Basketball shoes
- Adidas - Tubular Viral W
- GFP Men's Leather shoes, Formal Business shoes,Pointed shoes, Spring Fall Mens Casual Leather shoes, Wedding
- Stegmann Womens Woolfelt Polyflex Navy Clog
- Camper Womens Peu Cami 46104 Sneaker
- Lotto Men's Running shoes Green Green
- London Brogues Lincoln Buckle Mens Leather Sole Monk shoes
- XIANG GUAN Men’s Outdoor Low-Top Oxford Lightweight Trekking Hiking shoes
- Dark Red Fabric Ivanka Trump Womens Sayida Faux Suede Ankle Dress Boots
- IDIFU Women's Trendy High Chunky Heels Platform Ankle Boots Motor Booties with Zipper
- Gjsonmv Cute Sharks mesh Lightweight shoes for Women Dad Sports Walking Sneakers shoes
- Deer Stags Womens Birch Moccasin
- GXIAO Bath Mirror Lamp Light LED Bathroom Mirror Front Light Makeup Mirror Front Lighting Bath Wall Lamp European Style Safety Energy Saving (color White, Size 40CM)
- White (White bluee 19) Saucony Men's Jazz O Vintage Cross Trainers
- ElegantPark EP11064-IPF Women Satin Pumps Peep Toe Platform High Heel Pleated Rhinestones Wedding Bridal shoes
- Heeled-Sandalspvc Transparent Leopard Grain Pumps Heel Stilettos High Heels Womens Party shoes Nightclub Pump Sandals 35-42,Leopard Grain1,5
- Women's Sneakers Running shoes Spring Hiking shoes Casual Outdoor Single shoes Non-Slip Thick-Soled Wear shoes,Black,38
- R-Anketsy Women shoes Woman Genuine Leather Wedges Ankle Boots Warm Snow Boots
- Aodicon Waterproof shoes Covers Women Thicken Slip-Non shoes Cover Flat Overshoes Reusable Over shoes Rain Yellow
- Chuck Taylor All Star Oxford Black Monochrome - Footwear Men's Footwear Men's
- PUMA Womens Suede Platform Celebrate WN's Sneaker
- LFL by Lust for Life Womens L-Cayenne Fashion Boot
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Jack Knee High Boot
- FOXSENSE Wool high Cotton shoes Square Scalp Business shoes for Men
- Ruanyi Leather Beach Slippers, Summer Cow Leather Beach Slippers Non-Slip Male
- Nira Rubens Woman's Cosmopolitan Aluminum Leather Sneaker with Pearl Star
- Newton Gravity 8 Women's Running shoes - SS19
- Men's shoes, Men's shoes PU Spring Fall Formal shoes Comfort Oxfords for Casual Office & Career Party & Evening White Black,shoes
- Puma Tsugi Shinsei Raw Trainers bluee
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This PADDERS Leo 614 Tan shoes from Casual Men's shoes Leather shoes Men's Driving Set Foot Peas shoes (color Brown, Size 44) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Skechers Mark Nason Men's Holt Fashion Sneaker to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Mamamoo Ladies Exotic Dancer Gothic Scarpin Pumps 12 44 Crossdresser Big Size Round Toe high Heels of structured cabling, Rieker Women flat Slipper bluee, (ozean black) L178114, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Adidas Ace 17.1 FG Womens Leather Soccer Boots Cleats, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Tassel Zipper Handmade Ankle BootsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Twisted X Women's Diamond Driving Mocs Moc Toe (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Mens Adidas LA Trainer II-UK 11.5 EUR 46 2 3 US 12
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Men's shoes Spring New 2019 Trend Brock Tide shoes England Korean Casual shoes Men's Suit shoes Men's Wedding shoes Men Heightening shoes (color Black, Size 7 US) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Stegmann Magic Felt AT719 Slipper, black brown runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Josef Seibel Women's Large Low shoes Big shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Jennjuli Dearfoams Womens Slippers - Comfy, Warm Bedroom Slipper Boots with Memory Foam - Fun, Furry House Slippers for Women + Free Bath Bomb Bundle, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- LIJUN Mens Snow Boots with Fur Warm Snow shoes Winter Fashion Rubber Ankle shoes（Size：40X44）
- Cover Plus Size 5-12 New gold Genuine Leather Dress Loafers Mens shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Womens Leather Cross Body Multi Use Camera Organiser Shoulder Bag H8101 BrownIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Puma Alexander McQueen Tabaka Women's shoes Black White 355935-01of 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from ASICS Mens Gel-Lyte III Casual Athletic & Sneakers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Demonia Womens CHARADE-110 BVL-RBVEL BootsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Joie Womens Dewey Fashion Sneaker (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Columbia Bajada III Women's Trail Running shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Chaco Z Cloud 2 - Womens Solid BlackDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist