If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Y&C Women's Evening Pumps Wedding Heels Platform Bridal shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Skechers Mens Larsen Sento Ankle Bootie, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women's BOC, Breezy Wedge Heel Sandals at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Bougainvillea SeaVees Women's Monterey Sneaker Standard
- Pink White Flower Summer Luxurious Sandals Women Flat Snake Punk Rhinestone Flat Heel Wedding Party shoes
- Avia Womens Avi-Execute Ii Sneaker
- Nerefy Big Size 34-43 Cut Outs Little Bow Tie Med Heel Wedges Summer shoes Women Platform Casual Sandals
- Maxstar C5 6Holes Synthetic Leather White Platform Canvas Sneakers
- Autumn and Winter Pu Europe high Heels with a fine tip Side Zip Code Boots
- Aerosoles Womens Saturday Ballet Flat
- PUMA Unisex-Adult Suede Classic Mono Reptile-u Fashion Sneaker
- Mad Rock M5 Climbing shoes
- Holy Land Market Unisex Leather Biblical Flip Flops (Jesus - Yashua) Shepherd's Field II
- Pointed Rivet Women's shoes Kitten Heels for Women Mid Heel Sandals for Women Short Women's shoes Summer Women's Party shoes Court shoes, Fashion, Elegance (color Pink, Size 37 US6.5-7)
- Liliana DF61 Women Leatherette Open Toe Gilly Tie Zip Stiletto Sandal - orange
- Caterpillar Women's Bruiser Engineer Boot
- Exing Womens's Boots, Fall Winter Ladies Leather Boots Round Head Fashion Boots B
- Jambu Womens Cherry Blossom Mary Jane Flat
- Snowman Lee Men's Mid-top Leather Causal Winter shoes Smooth Upper Fashion Sneaker Black
- Charles by Charles David Womens Greensbgold Dress Sandal
- Very Volatile Women's Teaparty Boot bluee
- Lucky Brand Women's Roquee Ankle Bootie
- Soldini 20132 V U72 Classic shoes Man
- White Wood Low Heels Slippers Woman Women Slides shoes Female Round Toe Cow Leath,
- Sanita Womens Dalaton Closed Closed Toe Mules
- ZHRUI Boy's Men's Rubber Sole Slip-on Light Brown Synthetic Penny Loafers UK 6 (color -, Size -)
- Henley Comfort Men Black Leather 'Thomas' Derby shoes
- CLARKS Men's Un Trail Form Sneaker
- Gcanwea Women's Sexy Rhinestone Butterfly Open Toe Cut Out Mules Chunky High Heel Slide Sandals Sweet Skinny Soft Antiskit Durable Girl Fashion Beige 4 M US Sandals
- Theshy Sexy Women's Pointed Toe Snake Skin Pattern Transparent High Heel shoes Sandals
- 1TO9 Womens Dance-Ballroom Charms Solid Urethane Pumps shoes MMS06368
- Ladiamonddiva Sandals Pumps New Ladies Platform Sandals Summer Open Toe Sandals Women's shoes Slope with Platform Wedge Sandals Pink Black White Red White 8
- FEWW11 Women Fashion Lightweight shoes Sneakers Christmas Xmas Trees Snowflakes Pink Breathable Running Lace-Up
- Eastland Womens Blair Fashion Boot
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Womens Lynn Ankle Bootie
- JaHGDU Household Slippers Ladies Warm Faux-Leather Indoor Slippers Pink Mall Soild color Personality Creativity for Women
- Bueno Women's Ireland Flats in Darkstone
- Spring Step Women's Adorable Sandals color Black Leather Sandals
- Keds Women's Champion Seasonal Spring 2016 Fashion Sneaker Black
- Vitalo Womens Platform Stiletto Thigh High Heel Over The Knee Lace Up Boots
- Via Spiga Womens Tricia Ankle Bootie Ankle Boot
- Hoxekle Women Faux Leather High-top Sneakers shoes Woman Wedge Height Increasing shoes Female shoes for Student
- Winter Women Black Soft Leather Chunky High Heeled Knee High Ladies Fashion Slip On Long Boots shoes
- Paradox London Pink Women& 39;s Sabrina
- NAN Unisex Water shoes Fast Drying Breathable And Comfortable Barefoot Swimming Diving Surf Water Sports Swimming Pool Beach Walking Yoga shoes (color White, Size 36)
- Adidas Men's Element Refine B44239 Low-Top Sneakers
- Fugu Sa-Ba Japanese Ankle High-Fashion Work Boots (color & Size Options)
- shoes Autumn Outdoor, Hiking, Women's Waterproof Walking, Non-Slip, Sneakers, Men's
- Prada Men's Nylon Tech Trainer Sneaker, Black 4E2942
- Beige Heels Addict's Women’s shoes Open Toe Suede T-Strap Suede Wedge Heeled Platform Sandals
- Gcanwea Women Fashion High-top Platform shoes Spring Wedges High Heels Casual shoes Black 7 M US
- CarziCuzin Women Fashion Slip On Sandals shoes Platform
- Yellow shoes - Dylan - Women's Classic Chelsea Boots
- Black Velvet Open Toe Strappy High Heel Pump Dress Sandal shoes, Size 6.5
- Uieort Army Camo Military Womens Lace Up Canvas shoes Lightweight
- Sam Carle Women Boots, Fashion Belt Buckle Slip On Thick Heel Round Ankle Wool Boots
- Women's Booties, Autumn Winter New Rhinestone Chunky Heel Boots Women's Leather Boots British Martin Boots Female Boots Korean Women's shoes (color B, Size 37)
- T-JULY Ladies Peep Toe Wedges shoes Summer Beach Leather Sandals High Heels Slippers Stilettos with Bowknot
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women's Leather shoes Fall Winter Fashion Boots Ankle Boots Martin Boots Bootie Boots Thick Heel Pointed Boots Ankle Boots (color A-Single shoes, Size 36) from French Sole FS NY Women's Obtuse Ballet Flat was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Women's Pumps High Heel shoes Block Shaped Heel Chunky Heels Court shoes Pointed Closed Toe Summer Dress Party Evening Black Beige to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Women's Crystal Diamante Evening Wedding Party Bridal Prom Decorated Block Cone Heel Slip-On Sandals Slipper of structured cabling, Men's shoes Outdoor Non-Slip Leather Men's Sandals Beach shoes (color Black, Size 42), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, [email protected] Women's High Heels Hollow Rivets Cool Boots Boots Pointed Dance Dress Black Dr, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Womens Boot Suede Fall & Winter Lady's Martin Boots Black Snow Lace Up Hiking Durable Outdoor Ankle Boots (color Black, Size 35)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Jiang Women's shoes PU Spring Summer Comfort Sandals Platform Open Toe for Dress White Black Sandals (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Comfort Formal shoes Business shoes British Style Gentleman European Version of Leather shoes Handmade shoes (color Brown, Size 39)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Fly London Womens WEND764FLY Penny Loafer illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Men's Formal shoes Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable Round Toe Low Top Outsole Slip-On (color Black, Size 8.5 D(M) US) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Women's Thick Heel Sandals Fashion Sandals Sweet Square Head Front and Rear Strap Buckle Rivets Heel Buckle(Heel Height 6-8cm) that may be of interest to your District including:
- Men Leather Sandals Closed Toe Weaving Comfy Footwear Fashion Beach Summer Outdoor shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- WLJSLLZYQ Fashion Women's Boots Chunky Heels Short Boots in Winter Martin Boots Womens Boots
- GUESS Fmcha4Sue12 Mens Suede Leather Trainer in Grey bluee development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
The Flexx Women's shoes Moccasins A158 43 Call ME ICEIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the EXEblueE Enly Winter Snow Boots Slip-on Water Resistant Booties for Men Women, Anti-Slip Lightweight Ankle Boots with Full Furof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools YUBIN Summer Youth Thick with Sandals Female Wild Metal Leather Word Buckle with Women's shoes Baotou Hollow shoes (color Brown, Size 39) describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Lugz Men's Vet Denim Fashion Sneaker provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Women Charming Over The Knee Boots 2018 Winter High Heel Sequined Knight Boots Size 32-43I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Marc New York by Andrew Marc Mens Neptune Fashion Sneaker (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Phillip Dudley New Summer Men's Genuine Leather Flip Flops Buckle Slippers for Men Beach Slippers Real Leather shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Simple Classic British Fashion Breathe Formal shoes Leather shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist