If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s APHISON Designer Unique Embossed Floral Cowhide Leather Tote Style Ladies Shoulder Bags Handbags 83588 Yellow allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Genuine 1976 Madison Red Cedar Boots Size 6 1 2, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Ladies Christmas Carnival Sneakers Non-Slip Light Women's Boots Brown 3-6 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Amaretto Sperry Men's gold W ASV Boat shoes
- 2018 Summer Women's Sandals with Heels shoes Plus Size shoes High Heel Sandals
- Choose Your Weapon Gamer Women'S Leisure Canvas Handbag For Travel Work Bag
- Fashion Sneaker For Women Fun Sushi Cat Stylish Lightweight Breathable Mesh Womens Sneakers
- Mobnau Women's Athletic Ankle Strap Beach Hiking Sandals
- AllhqFashion Women's Pull-On Square-Toe Low-Heels Solid Pumps-shoes
- Adidas Gazelle Stitch and Turn shoes
- GCNY Good Choice Womens On Time Flower Sandals
- IGI & CO 2180822 Decolleté Burgundy Woman's shoes with Burgundy Paint
- Kodiak Men's Zane Chukka Boot
- Women's New Plus Velvet Cotton Boots, British Leather Boots Women's Winter Boots Middle Boots Women's Low Heel Boots Platform Women's shoes (color Black, Size 38)
- T-JULY Women Spring Hidden Wedge Heels Casual shoes Female Platform High Heels Casual shoes
- Demonia DEMONIAW Womens CLASH-206 BVL-CA Boots
- Bruetting Unisex Adults’ Skill Low-Top Sneakers
- Diadora Unisex Adults' Pitch Trainers
- FASHION BOOTS Lace shoes Business Breathable shoes wear shoes
- Adidas Adi-Trek Mens Hi Top Trainers Sneakers
- ECCO shoes Men's Kenton Plan Toe Lace up shoes, Mink, 45 EU 11-11.5 M US
- HIAO sandals knitting shoe motion male student jogging spring summer light net Breathable Flying weaving black red bluee splice Leisure Refreshing (color bluee, Size 5.5 UK)
- Gola Men's Equipe Suede Low-Top Sneakers
- Red Vince Camuto Womens Wesher Heeled Sandal
- Axd-Home Woman Pumps shoes High Heels Party Wedding Ladies shoes
- La Milano Men's Leather Winter Boots Wingtip Lace up Classic Casual Comfortable Dress Boot for Men
- IGI Upi 11024, Men’s Loafers
- New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Cruz Decon Trainers
- Msanlixian Large Size Bow Ankle Strap high Heels shoes Mixed color Wedding Sandals Women
- Gjsonmv Camouflage Army mesh Lightweight shoes for Women Casual Sports Bike Sneakers shoes
- LVCSIUE Women’s Casual PVC Leather Handbags European Design Large Capacity Totes
- AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Low-Heels Imitated Suede Solid Sandals, BUTLT006479
- DBDK Women Leatherette Slingback T-Strap Thong Sandal EE84 - Camel
- Women's shoes PU Summer Comfort Slingback Slippers & Flip-Flops Walking shoes Stiletto Heel Open Toe for Casual Dress Party & Evening
- Pointed Thick Sandals Summer Women's shoes Mid Heel Sandals for Women Party shoes Court shoes Word with shoes Dress High Heels Wild Leather (color Brown, Size 33 US4-4.5)
- Women's Latin shoes Sparkling Glitter Sandal Ballroom shoes Heel Performance Professional Rhinestone Sparkling Glitter Flared Heel Party & Evening Black bluee (color A, Size 35)
- Jiang Womens's shoes Academy Sneakers,2018 Fall shoes,Harajuku Style Ladies Casual shoes,for Shopping Running Dating Sneakers
- Marc Jacobs Womens Elizabeth Sandal Dress Sandal
- Hishoes Women's Leather Loafers & Slip-Ons Flats Driving Walking Casual Moccasins Soft Sole shoes
- Phil Betty Mens Oxford shoes Round Toe Slip-On Breathable Business Casual Formal shoes
- T-JULY Womens's Canvas Slip On Espadrilles Flats shoes Comfortable Round Toe Loafers Ladies Casual Flat shoes
- Forest Green Blingbling-honored High end Real Fox Fur Slipper Women Slides Sliders Fashion Spring Summer Autumn Fluffy Fur Lady S6018
- Terra Men's TERRA FINDLAY CSA Work Boots
- Geox Mens Moner Leather Driving Moccasin Moccasin
- Qiusa Men Waterproof Casual Boot Light Weight High-top shoes Men Leather Casual Trainers (color Khaki, Size 8.5 UK)
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low shoes M9697_5 Navy
- golden Retriever Men's 6 Waterproof Work Boot
- SMYTHE & DIGBY Mens Velvet Loafers Fleur De Lis
- Jordan Nike Men's Air XXXI Low White University Red Black Basketball shoes 11.5 Men US
- Disposable SPA Slippers Non-Skid Closed Toe Unisex Linen Slippers For Home Hotel Guest Or Commercial Use,I,10Pair
- GilesJones Loafers Flat Women,Retro Moccasins Round Toe Flat Heel Ballet shoes
- Maxstar Women's C30 Boat Platform Canvas Slip On Loafers
- WeiPoot Women's Kitten-Heels Lace-up Frosted Solid Round-Toe Pumps-shoes
- Wuixkas colorful Puppy Dog Paws Womens Canvas Upper Sneakers Lace Up Comfortable Fashion Loafer Canvas shoes
- Me Too Women's Nya6 Dress Sandal
- VSL Loafers-shoes Womens Leather White
- T-JULY Loafers shoes for Women - Lace-up Lightweight Slip On Flat Round Toe Casual Penny
- LE MARRINE Pumps-shoes Womens Suede Black
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women's Leather Boots Ethnic Style Flower Ankle Boots Autumn Winter Comfortable Flat Mother shoes Casual Daily Walking shoes (color B, Size 40) from Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Side Zip Handmade Two Tone Buckle Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Zip Handmade Buckles Rivets Ankle Boots to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust GUESS Women's Talli2 Active Lady Fabric Hi-Top Trainers of structured cabling, Nine West Women's Deserai Leather Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Ocean Pacific OPP Designer Women's Fashion Leather Work Loafer shoes Comfortable Slip Resistant 2016 Collection, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
DSFGHE Men's Black Brown Lace-up shoes Leather Low-Top Round Toe Breathable Hole Flats Summer Business Formal for MenAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Men's shoes Casual shoes Invisible Height Increase Small shoes Cotton shoes Men's Plus Velvet Warm Fashion Business Travel Outdoor Driving shoes (color B, Size 42) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Easy Spirit Nadette Women US 6.5 Brown Knee High Boot
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Remonte Women's's D5804 Low-Top Sneakers illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Not Rated Womens Jacey Navy 7.5 M runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Nike Magista Onda II Men's Indoor Court Football shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Round Toe Block Low Heel Buckle Designed Handmade Fashion Knee High Riding Boots
- Cole Haan Men's Carter Grand Split-Toe Derby shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Superfeet Olympia Men's Crafted Sport shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the ZC Unisex Steel Toe Work shoes Industrial&Construction shoes Puncture Proof Safety shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Naturalizer Womens Loren Open Toe Casual Strappy Sandals describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Spring and autumn fashion men casual shoes Retro trend low wind sets foot shoes of England provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Lucky Brand Womens Lk-Maisie Dress PumpI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Superga Womens 2795 Artesaw Sneaker (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by LUSTHAVE Women's MG23 Knee High Boots - Winkle Back Shaft - Side Quilted Zipper - Flat Accent Riding Boot Olive SU 8.5, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Dansko Womens Demetra Ankle BootieDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist