If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Burgundy Nike Men's LF1 Duckboot '17 Casual shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Charcoal Flash Coral Flash Yellow ASICS Women's GT-2000 4 Running shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new bluesh Badgley Mischka Womens Giona Heeled Sandal at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Pink magenta dupioni Sam Edelman Womens Rumi Mule
- CHENSIR9 Ladies shoes Low Heel Women Over The Knee Boots Scrub Black Woman Motorcycle Boots
- Women Sandals Open Toe High Heels Hollow Out Pumps Women Dress shoes
- Naughty Monkey Womens Killion Dress Pump
- WeenFashion Women's Open-Toe Pu Low-Heels Buckle Solid Sandals, CA18LA03504
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Piper
- Adidas Men's Freak X Carbon Mid Baseball shoes, Maroon, Silver met, FTWR White, 8.5 M US
- Nike Men's Air Force 1 Mid '07 Lv8 shoes Gymnastics, Brown (Muted Bronze Metallic gold Summit White 200), 6 UK
- Black XIANGBAO-Personality Simple Men's Loafers Lace Up Genuine Leather Business Oxfords
- WeiPoot Women's Blend Materials Solid Closed-Toe Boots with Metal Buckles and Winkle Pinker
- BOKEN Women's Quick Drying Aqua Water shoes Lightweight Sneakers
- CERLYRUAN Pink Flamingos and Palm Flower Canvas Chukka Canvas Women's shoes
- Women's Slip-On Loafer Closed Pointed Toe Driving Smoking shoes Ballet Flats
- Brinley Co. Womens Sequin Faux Leather Piping Mary Janes
- Womens Luxury Leather Backpack A59 Red Rucksack Sports Hiking Organiser Bag NEW
- PUMA Men's One 17.3 FG Soccer shoes
- Boots Men's Real Leather Boots with Leather Soles. in Black and Brown,Casual Leather shoes
- Vintage Sheepskin + PU Leather Lace Up Stacked Heel Knee High Casual Boots shoes
- Ted Baker Womens Leihana Ankle Boot
- Ladies Fashion Leather Boots, Women's Winter Heeled Pointed Martin Boots, Versatile Fashion Boots, Over-The-Knee Boots (color Beige, Size 34)
- GAOLIXIA Men's shoes Leather Four Seasons Comfort Loafers & Slip-ONS Split Joint for Casual Office & Career Party & Evening Dark Brown Light Brown Black
- Skechers Dynamight 2.0 Mens Bungee Lace Trainers
- shoes the Bear Men's's Arnie L Chelsea Boots
- Bostonian Men's Narrate Vibe Oxford
- Legend Ink Legend Ink Raw gold Adidas Men's Ultraboost
- Roper Women's Gems Toe Ring Sandal
- FANIMILA Women Fashion Stiletto Pumps Easy Wear
- VLLY Women's Warm Plush Fleece Soft Indoor Slipper Slip On Boots (FBA)
- Charles by Charles David Women's
- Black HYF Oxford shoes Formal shoes Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style OX Leather Classic Embossed Texture Dress shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Valentine Day Hearts Shape Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Marco Tozzi Ola 28704 - Navy Pat Combi (Man-Made) Womens Sandals
- PRETTYHOMEL Women's Closed Round Toe Kitten-Heels Soft Material Low-Top Solid Boots
- Women Sandals PU Leather Square High Heel Slingback Sexy Peep Toe Buck,
- Lafoo gold Crystals Sexy Stilettos High Heels 12cm Pointed Toe Women Pumps
- Clarks Deva Mae Sandals Woman Heel Black Leather
- CHENXD shoes, Men's Fashion Personality Oxford Casual Splicing Patent Leather Rivet Decoration Thick Heel Formal shoes
- Skechers Men's Expected - Avillo Loafers
- Mens Casual Suede Leather Oxford Dress shoes Lightweight Non Slip Work Boots for Walking Work
- Hunter Men's Original Play Short Rain Boot in Gull Grey
- Columbia - Redmond XT Mid Waterproof - YL5415060
- bluendstone Men's The Ducati Scrambler Motorcycle Boot
- Easy Go Shopping Oxford shoes For Men Formal shoes Lace Up Suede Leather Simple Classic British Style shoes Cricket shoes (color Brown, Size 8.5 UK)
- KangaROOS Men's K-josch Low-Top Sneakers
- Adidas Kiel F37412 Mens Trainers UK 4
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black White Stripe Cole Haan Women's Pinch Weekender Sneakers from Almond Rockport Cobb Hill Women's Paulette Flat was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Baltic Navy Suede Sam Edelman Womens Dori Pump to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Fabric Peach Chaco Women's Zcloud X2 Sport Sandal of structured cabling, Black Kidsuede Leather Bella Vita Womens Penny Cutout Sandal with Back Zipper Heeled Sandal, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Crystal White Crystal White Off White Adidas ORIGINALS Women's shoes Stan Smith Bold Sneakers, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
◆ It is very sweat-absorbent, it is not easy to make your feet get sick, there will not be more bacteria, and effective removal of foot odor.
◆ Rubber soles are soft, wear-resistant, flexible, and non-slip, so the shoes will not be deformed.
◆ This shoe will make your legs longer and thinner, so you have a good body.
◆ He can match various colors of clothes, master various styles of clothing.
Pink Lemonade Sam Edelman Women's Odila Fashion SandalsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Wheat Kodiak Women's Classic Fleece Ankle Boots (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Black Belgian Block Pearl Izumi Women's W X-ALP Seek VII Cycling shoes bluee
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Black Women Toe Super High Heels Platform Simple Style Sexy Boots Lady Over-The-Knee Boots Zip Lace Patchwork Pu Round illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Indigo ECCO Women's Yucatan Sandal runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide White OOFOS Women's OOlala Thong Flip-Flop that may be of interest to your District including:
- Black With Stripe Bow Tie Greatonu Womens Slingback Kitten Dress Pump, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Waffle 12 Pairs Slippers Women and Men Disposable Portable Slippers, Women Slipper Hotel Disposable Spa Slippers Men Portable Comfortable Non-Slip Sole One Size Fit Most Men and Women Spa-
- - adidas Pod-s3.1 Mens B37363 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
- Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 19 2E Width Running shoes (BRK-110294 2E 42474H0 14 (058) Grey bluee Ebon)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the 1 JaHGDU Ms. Home Slippers Indoor Thermal Non-Slip Cute Leaves Pattern Solid color Winter and Autumn Keep Warm Classic Basic Cotton Slippersof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Grey Eithy Women's Shaffe Stiletto Ankle-high Zipper Leather Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from 01Pink Moodeng Women’s Slippers Anti-Slip Lightweight Soft Cotton Slippers Slip-on House shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Pink Camo Sundial Wild Ones Furry Animal Claw Slippers for Toddlers, Kids and AdultsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Coral Pu Cambridge Select Women's Round Toe Buckled Ankle Strap Wrapped Wedge (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Dark Brown Karen Scott KS35 Fayth Below The Knee Riding Boots, Black, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Black Madras Leather Naot Women's Tellin BootDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist