If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Black Marni Women's Fur Flat Sandals shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop - N°21 Women's 00119SSS00700068S001 Silver Leather Sandals, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new - Hogan Rebel Women's GYW3850AZ10CR0B999 Black Suede Sneakers at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - THOM BROWNE Women's FFD033A04809960 bluee Fabric Sneakers
- AdeeSu Womens Travel Solid Pumps-shoes Leather Pumps shoes SDC06351
- Pleaser Womens Clas20 Rsa Slide Pump
- CCBubble High Heels Satin Women shoes Ankle Strap Stiletto Pumps Women
- Garyline Women's Rhinestone Pointy Stiletto High Heels Pumps shoes
- D.A.T.E. (DATE) Fashion-Sneakers Mens White
- Mzq-yq Men's Casual shoes Spring Running shoes Wild Flying Woven shoes Xl Men's shoes Air Cushion 46,47,48
- ASICS Men's Gel-Nimbus 15 Running shoes
- Nike Men's Duel Racer White Menta Platinum 918228-101
- Boar Making Snow Angel Pigs On Winter Vacation Women's Unique Lightweight Running Sneakers Gym Outdoor Running shoes
- Eclimb Women's Evening Dress High Heel Ankle Strap Pointed Toe Wedding Pumps shoes
- Skechers Womens Go Mini Flex - 14007 Walking shoes
- Exing Women's shoes New Summer Sandals Slipper Mom shoes Rome Style Wedge Heel Velcro Ladies shoes Sandals
- High Heels shoes Woman Leopard Patent Pointed Toe 12cm Thin Heels
- Women's Sandals - Transparent Stiletto Platform Satin Women's shoes
- MAYPIE Womens Toances Leather Slip-on Knee-High Boots
- Sperry Mens Regatta Thong Sandal
- Skechers Men's Skech-Air Elment Legon Slip-On
- Ben Sherman Men's Eddie Lo Fashion Sneaker Navy
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Fashion Handmade Comfort Ankle Booties
- LACROSSE Utah Brogue II Overshoe 13 Black (100030) Waterproof Insulated Modern Comfortable Hunting Combat Boot Best for Mud, Snow
- Puma Unisex Adults' 1948 Mid Winter GTX Hi-Top Trainers
- Running shoes Men - Air Cushion Mens Tennis shoes Lightweight Walking Sneakers Breathable Athletic Training Sport for Leisure
- ASICS Dan Gable Evo Mens Wrestling shoes
- 08brown bluee Berry EASY21 Women Fashion Ankle Boots Casual Short Bootie shoes
- Laura Biagiotti Women's Sandals, 716_Nabuk_Black
- Mubeuo Women's Leather Flowers Jeweled Pearls Thong Beach Sandals
- FizaiZifai Women Wedge Heel Sandals shoes
- ASJUNQ Men's Casual shoes Cushion Cushioning Running shoes Wear,1-39EU
- Collegiate Navy White gold Met. adidas Unisex Adults' Gazelle Low-Top Sneakers
- WeenFashion Women's PU Blend Materials Pointed Closed Toe Above-The-Knee High-Heels Boots
- Adidas Racer Lite Womens Sneakers Black
- Velvet Angels Women's Zinc Open Toe Bootie
- Yuanli Women's Mesh Water shoes Quick Drying Aqua shoes
- IWlxz Women's Canvas Summer Sandals Flat Heel Black bluee Light bluee
- KangaRoos - Dija Begonia - color Pink - Size 6.5US
- GIANNI MARRA Sandals Womens Suede Black
- T-JULY New Women Handmade Sewing Genuine Leather Ankle Boots Women Winter Warm Casual Plus Size Snow Boots
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Womens Indy G Slip on Sneaker Sneaker
- T-JULY Women Boots Fashion Flock Snow Boots Simple Comfortable Mid Calf Boots Black Green Keep Warm
- WLJSLLZYQ Fashion Casual Men's shoes Super Soft and Breathable Beanie shoes Knit Fashion Casual shoes
- Cole Haan Zerogrand Stagedoor Ballet Flat
- Rebecca Minkoff Women's Belle Open Toe Pumps
- Easy Go Shopping Beach Sandal Men Water shoes Genuine Leather Handmade Sewing Perforated Closed Anti-collision Toe Cricket shoes (color Brown, Size 9 UK)
- QAR Black Leather Flip Flops Men's Casual Sandals Outdoor Beach shoes Cool Slippers flip flop (color BLACK, Size 43)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black Patent Stuart Weitzman Womens Starla 80 from - Christian Louboutin Very Conic Velours 120mm 1350 Authentic Pumps Size 38 New was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a - Tod's Women's XXW00G0AT40NB5B999 Black Leather Loafers to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust - Tod's Women's XXW00G0X890K9A01EF bluee Cotton Loafers of structured cabling, - Santoni Women's WHWL57189HX2RVHDN01 Black Patent Leather Pumps, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, bluee Stuart Weitzman Women's Allgood Denim bluee Suede Low Heel Knee Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
SNEAKERS HOGAN, LEATHER 100%, color BLUE, Rubber sole, Model Name H222, CO, product code HXW2220N622CRQ896B
"Brand size" refers to the official size of the brand. This will be the size you will find on the product's label or box.
Express shipping with taxes and duties included + Free returns within 14 days
- Yeezy Women's YZ6151262 Light bluee Leather SandalsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting - Tod's Women's XXW00G0BL10LBES812 Beige Leather Loafers (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- - SERGIO ROSSI Women's A77990MCAR021000 Black Leather Loafers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This - Stella McCartney Women's Platform Elyse Sandal shoes Black illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The - Casadei Women's 1L500G120MY781016 Silver Leather Sandals runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide - GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI DESIGN Women's I870029001 gold Leather Ankle Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- - ATTICO Women's 191WS014EL003028 Green Leather Sandals, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- - RICK OWENS Distressed Black Leather Wedge Sandals
- - Alexander McQueen Women's 559938WHV761091 Black Leather Sandals development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
- Prada Women's 3U5921 Leather BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the - GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI DESIGN Women's E900150002 Black Leather Sandalsof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools - Maison Margiela Women's S39WS0037P2498T4296 Purple Leather Sneakers describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from BredLily shoes Woman Sandalie Flip Flops Women Slippers Bowtie Flat Rubber Beach Flip Flops Home Outside Casual Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Steve Madden Women's WESTIE BootsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Lisyline Women's Mesh Breathable Shape Ups Tennis Walking Slip on High Heel Sneakers (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by CularAcci Women Classic Mid Heel Knee High Boots, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
TAOFFEN Women Kitten Heel Sandal shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist