If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s - MOMA Men's 12805 Brown Leather Lace-Up shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop - VIC MATIÉ Women's VICM5242 Silver Black Leather Sandals, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new - Nike AIR Vapormax Plus - 924453-102 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Hogan Women's HXW2220N622CRQ896B bluee Leather Sneakers
- Foot Correction Sandals Summer Women shoes Flat Sole Patent Leather Slippers Non Slip Wear Resistant Comfortable Slippers for Orthopedic Big Toe Bone Correction Beach Travel Silver
- Nafanio Hotel Club Supplies Slippers Portable Thick Sole Not Disposable Home Guest White shoes 3Pairs
- CYBLING Fashion Comfort Women Slip On Loafers shoes for Outdoor Casual Walking Soft Soled Flats
- Amiana Women's 12-137014 Platform Pump
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women Fencing Swordsmanship Honor
- PUMA Womens Nrgy Neko Sport Sneaker
- Summer-lavender Lacing Mid Calf Leather shoes Women Vulcanize shoes Sneakers High Heels Platform shoes 2018
- Steel Combat Boots Unisex Men's Ladies Leather bluee Rub Off Union Jack Flag 6 Eyelets Army Punk Toe Cap
- Adidas Men's Marathon Tech Pink Grey G27417
- Marhee High Heel Boots Block Chunky Heel Stretch Boots Ankle Boots
- AllhqFashion Women's Closed Pointed Toe Sheepskin Spikes Stilettos Pumps with Two-Toned
- T-JULY Women Nice Summer Autumn Breathable Leather Hidden Heels Female Platform Wedges Sneakers Fashion Height Increasing shoes
- Jeffrey Campbell Brea Stud Kitten Heels shoes Womens Footwear
- Kamik Men's Greenbay 4 Cold Weather Boot
- MUMUWU Strong Antislip Oxfords for Men Genuine Leather Leisure Business Summer Perforated Loafer (color Brown, Size 6.5 M US)
- Men's Height Increase Elevator Leather shoes 2.36 Inches Taller Casual shoes Lace Up
- K-Swiss Sneaker Premium Men′s Rinzler SP White Black
- MBT Habari, Sandals for Women
- Reebok - Royal Cljogg Blackwhitebluee - V59277 - color White-Black - Size 8.5 UK
- Silver 8cm Beauty-inside Fanny Slingback Sandals Transparent Heels PVC Rivets Wedding shoes Clear Strap Heels
- SRY-Fashion shoes Men's Driving Loafers Moccasin Slip on Oxfords Faux Fashion Crocodile Microfiber Leather Easy on & Off Boat shoes
- Adidas Originals Men's Superstar RT Fashion Sneaker
- Fuxitoggo Fashion Trend Peas shoes Comfort Breathable Leisure Men's shoes Wear a Pedal Lazy shoes (color orange, Size UK 6.5)
- Nike Men's Kobe Mamba Rage Basketball shoes
- AmazingKnight Women's high-top Martin Boots Autumn and Winter Plus Velvet Thick-Soled Short Boots Students Casual Short Boots
- LifeStride Women's Valor Driving Style Loafer
- Skechers Womens ON-The-GO 600 - Monarch Sport Sandals
- Btrada Women Retro Square Heel Oxford shoes Lace-Up with Rivet Casual shoes
- Taryn pink Womens Kamryn Vachetta Flat Sandal
- Techcity House Slippers Women Girls Cute Animal Comfy Memory Foam Winter Slippers w Indoor & Outdoor Anti-Skid Sole
- ERSER Artificial Green Ivy Planter Printed Lace-up Running shoes Women
- GIY Women's Platform Low Heel Sandals Close Toe Comfort Buckle Strap Camouflage Summer Dress Sandals shoes
- Calaier Womens Caprimary Closed-Toe 6CM Cone Heel Slip-on Mule shoes
- Bowknot Elegant Soft Ballet shoes Roll Up shoes Travel To Carry Can Foldable Pregnant Women Flat shoes ( color gold , Size 35 )
- Men's Flip Flop Sandals, Men's Slippers Korean Trend Pinch Flip Flops Casual Non-Slip Sandals
- Sneakers Men Running shoes Breathable Knit Trainers Casual Gym Athletic Sports Trainer Walking
- CALPIERRE SPORT Fashion-Sneakers Mens Leather Brown
- VOLATILE Womens Patty Ankle Bootie
- Rebecca Minkoff Woman's Michell Silver and Black Leather Sneaker with Studs
- Nine West Womens Cheyin Leather Knee High Boot
- TRU-SPEC 4061028 6 Tactical Assault Boot, Leather and Cordura Nylon, 9 Wide, Black
- LOVDRAM Men's shoes New Spring Fashion Men'S shoes Wild Sports Casual Men'S Canvas shoes Students Running Fashion shoes
- Altra Men's Provision 2.5 Running shoes
- Hotter Men's View Closed-Toe Sandals
- Merrell Men's Epiction Polar Waterproof Fashion Sneaker
- Black Leather Cole Haan Men's Grandpro Tennis Tennis shoes
- shoes Women Sandals Flat Sandals Summer Bohemian Flip Flops Women shoes Roman Casual Beach Sandals
- Women's Casual Walking Flat shoes
- Nike Women's 654729 Ankle-High Fashion Sneaker
- WeenFashion Women's Kitten Heels Soft Material Open Toe Solid Buckle Sandals
- Womens Sparkly Rhinestone Comfort Elastic Summer Beach Thong Bohemian T-Strap Flat Flip Flops Sandals
- Teva Womens W Foxy Clog Leather Slipper
- Summer Women Sneakers Wedges Platform Casual shoes Breathable Hook & Look shoes Female Increase Height
- Spring Step Women's Orella Sandals color Beige Leather Sandals
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black Loeffler Randall Womens Jill-ks Sandal from Black Nappa Stuart Weitzman Womens Ville Pentagon Suede Stacked Knee-High Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Black Schutz Women's Josseana Strappy Sandals to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Black Korkers Mens Icejack Pro Leather Composite Toe Bungee Safety shoes of structured cabling, White Arche - LANNOA - Lannoa, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, - Hugo Boss Men Grafity_Zipb_wxsd Boots shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Dark Taupe Suede Aquatalia Mens VladimirAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting - Vic Matié Women's 1T6950DT22T3601BLKO Black Leather Ankle Boots (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- - MR&MRS ITALY Women's SD0873769 Green Leather Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This - Halston Heritage Womens Blythe Bootie illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The - Hogan Women's HXW3910AR70BYEB999 Black Leather Ankle Boots runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Black EileenFisher Women's Willow Espadrille Wedge Sandal that may be of interest to your District including:
- Grey Antelope Women's 411 Suede Gathered Mini Buckle, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- - N°21 Women's MCBI35178 Pink Satin Heels
- - GREYMER Women's GREY509080 Multicolor Leather Pumps development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
- PHILIPPE MODEL Women's BGLDDV02 Black Leather SneakersIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the - THOM BROWNE Women's FFD033A04809100 White Leather Sneakersof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools - Hogan Women's HXW00N09250JDEB999 Black Suede Ankle Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from - Prada Women's 3E641818LF0A0N Grey Polyester Sneakers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
- Stella McCartney Women's 501777W1F756571 bluee Polyester SneakersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its - GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI DESIGN Women's E70001004 Black Leather Sandals (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by - VALENTINO Women's RW2S0291GYECF7 Multicolor Leather Sneakers, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
- N°21 Women's 8E870300010999 Black Fabric SandalsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist