If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s T-JULY Ladies Lace Up Wedge Sneakers Women Winter Wedges Plus Size Black White shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop T-JULY Cross Strap Flat Mid Calf Boots for Women Thickened Fur Winter Warm Snow Half Short Boot Footwear shoes Size 33-43, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new T-JULY Flats Boots for Women Winter shoes Fur Zipper Over The Knee Boots Fashion Simple Warm Office Ladies Boots at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- New Spring and Summer Casual shoes Women's Comfortable Thick-Soled Platform shoes Increased Single shoes Women's Tie Casual shoes (color White, Size 34)
- ECCO shoes Women's Soft 7 Lace Fashion Sneakers, Warm Grey, 42 EU 11-11.5 M US
- Remonte - D5301 - D530145
- Diesel Happy Hours S-Aarrow Black Mint Mens Suede Trainers
- Puma Match 74, Men's Low-Top Sneakers
- Igi&Co 2100655 shoes with Laces Man
- Hope Men's Waterproof Chukka Boots Lace Up Low Mid Top shoes Martin Boots Outdoor Army Military Combat shoes Work Security Police shoes Boots
- OluKai Halu'a Mens Flip Flops
- Green Alicegana Women's Breathable Mesh Tennis Athletic Fashion Sneakers Walking Sports Road Running shoes Plus Size
- WHW Women's Spring Summer Fall PU Dress Casual Party Evening Wedge Heel Sandals,White,42
- Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Womens Royce Sneaker
- Bohemian Wedge Sparkle Glitter Sequins High Heels Flip Flops Sandals for Women Slip On Walking Thongs Elegant Reasing Girl Leg Length Girl Fashion Leg Length Red 5.5 M US Slipper shoes
- MEIZOKEN Women's T-Strap Wedge Sandals Summer Beach Bohemian Crystal Beading Comfortable Slingback Ankle Strap Thong shoes
- Owen Moll Women Flats, Sexy Solid Wine Red Diamond Point Toe Crystal Party shoes
- Crocs Unisex's Classic Lined Clog Mule
- Kawasaki Rainbow Basic, Unisex Adults' Low-Top Sneakers
- Dont mention the past Women's Sandals Flat 2019 New Summer Fashion Wedge shoes Women's Buckle Casual Women
- Mens's shoes Fall Winter High Help Deck shoes Men Lace-Up Martin shoes Retro England Flat Heel shoes
- Womens Ankle Boots Classic Mid-Calf Warm Martin Boots Flat Heel Non-Slip Winter shoes
- Lotto Icon shoes White Leather S9985 Sneakers Man blue red
- AllhqFashion Women's Open Round Toe Cow Leather Solid Sandals with Chunky Heels and Glass Diamond
- Sebago Womens Plaza Ankle Boot Ankle Bootie
- ECCO Womens Shape Pointy Ankle Boot
- Leather Sheepskin Pointed Sandals,Stiletto Heels,Baotou, Candy-colord Sandals-Pink Foot length=22.8CM(9Inch)
- D.A.T.E. Women's MCBI35566 Silver Leather Sneakers
- Shuperb Jersey Mens Faux Leather Loafer shoes Black
- Nike Men's Md Runner 2 19-ao0265 Running shoes
- COSIDRAM Men Loafers Slip on Walking shoes Fashion Driving shoes Luxury Genuine Leather Brown Khaki Casual Sneakers Breathable Comfort shoes for Male Business Work Office Dress Outdoor
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black Highlight Yellow Giro Petra VR shoes from Daniel Green Womens Harriet Scuff Slipper was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a AnMengXinLing Genuine Leather Boots for Women Ankle Winter Low Heel Western Side Zipper Pointed Toe Solid Studded Cowboy shoes Size to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Skechers Women's Sport-Flex Appeal 2.0-New Image Satin Gore with Air-Cooled Mf Running shoes of structured cabling, Womens Winter Thermal Snow Outdoor Warm Mid Calf Thick High Heels Waterproof Durable High Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, DETAIWIN Women Premium Loasfers Soft Leather Flexible Rubber Sole Wearable Comfortable Lightweight Cozy Flat Moccasins Slip On Casual Walking Office shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
InterestPrint Womens High Heel Wedge Pumps shoes Graphic Ethnic Geometric Pattern colorful Floral Prin On Size 5-11As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Pointed Toe Flat shoes Bowknot Elegant Soft Pregnant Women shoes ( color Nude color , Size 39 ) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Splendid Womens Bautista Wedge Sandal
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Skechers Womens Go Run Fast - Evade Sneaker illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nike Womens Dunk Sky Hi Essential Casual shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Walking Cradles Women's Nia Camel Cut Snake Print Leather Sandal that may be of interest to your District including:
- Warm High Boots, Wedge Elastic Knee Boots Round Head Waterproof Platform Knight Boots Matte Slip Ladies Comfortable Snow shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Sam Edelman Women's Ciara Dress Pump
- GTVERNH Women's shoes Autumn Boots Women 100 Sets Pointed Rivets 8Cm High Heels Slim Heels Sexy Martin Boots Fashion Boots development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Genuine Leather Ankle Bootie Women shoes Platform Boot Chunky Heel Warm Autumn Winter BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the QIDI Sandals Rubber Polyester Female Fashion Black Pink High Heels Single shoes (color Pink, Size EU35 UK3)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools T-JULY Waterproof Snow Boots Women's Mid Calf Boots Flat Buckle Winter Cosy Botas Lady Platform Wedges Fur Warm shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Merrell Womens Thermo Vortex 6 WTPF Snow Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Kenneth Cole New York Women's MercuryI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Clarks Womens Aria Flyer Fashion Sneaker (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Wedge Sandals Women's Slippers Fashion High Heels Wedge Slippers Summer Women's shoes Comfortable Flats 9cm High (color Pink, Size 37 US6.5), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Nine Seven Cow Leather Women's Square Cap Toe Chunky Heel Handmade Dress Pumps with BowDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist